What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Bug Reports

Official support for: onesmallclue.com

Moderator: very angry mobster

very angry mobster
KVRian

1218 posts since 14 Dec, 2003, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby very angry mobster; Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:17 pm Bug Reports

If you have any problems installing or using One Small Clue software please make a new post in this forum or contact technical support. Please provide the following information:

* Windows Version (eg Windows XP / Vista / 7)
* Host and Version (eg Cubase 5.5)
* VST Plugin and Version (eg Poise 1.0.5)

Bug Reports

When reporting a bug please include a detailed list of steps to reproduce the bug from a blank project if possible.

Please include any other relevant information. It is better to include too much information than not enough. Detailed bug reports help greatly and will likely lead to a quicker fix.

Shannon
breakmixer
KVRAF

4176 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:27 am

Today was showing Poise to a mate and he said "what happens if you change the setting on the pitch envelope?" so I randomly tweaked the lot and Poise crashed cubase saying Asio samplerate couldn't be supported, first time this has happened, thought i'd let you know, i did tweak them fast and quite extremely for the record...

W7 cubase 5.1 32bit install, m-audio FTP...
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks for the report Breakmixer. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem here. When you have a chance, could you try to duplicate the crash? One-off crashes are very difficult to debug and fix.

Shannon
breakmixer
KVRAF

4176 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:01 pm

very angry mobster wrote:Thanks for the report Breakmixer. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem here. When you have a chance, could you try to duplicate the crash? One-off crashes are very difficult to debug and fix.

Shannon

Prior to do that I'd dragged a sample to the pad, showed him reverse function and moved the start point in, just to show him the ease of use/functionality, then I changed all the pitch envelope settings extremely to see what it done to the sound, hit the pad on my akai mpd16 and then it crashed.

Don't know if I could reproduce what I did as usually listen and tweak things carefully, never before have I had POISE crash, so just thought i'd let you know I'd managed to do it, I'll try to crash it tommorow, but I think it's extreme settings to the sample that done it...maybe?
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:12 am

I think it's extreme settings to the sample that done it...maybe?
Maybe.. It's hard to say when it's a one off crash.
RukuPierre
KVRer

2 posts since 13 Jul, 2012

Postby RukuPierre; Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi I'm having a problem with Poise freezing FL Studio whenever I try to enable multiple outputs, then when I go to Task Manager to close the process, it freezes the whole computer and I have to reboot. I've tried about 5 times and it happened all 5 times, renamed the dll file and still no luck. And since the whole computer freezes, it doesn't leave an error report. I'm looking forward to using it because FPC is WAY too basic for my liking, but I need to get this issue worked out before I can do anything. Any suggestions?
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:14 am

RukuPierre wrote:Hi I'm having a problem with Poise freezing FL Studio whenever I try to enable multiple outputs, then when I go to Task Manager to close the process, it freezes the whole computer and I have to reboot. I've tried about 5 times and it happened all 5 times, renamed the dll file and still no luck. And since the whole computer freezes, it doesn't leave an error report. I'm looking forward to using it because FPC is WAY too basic for my liking, but I need to get this issue worked out before I can do anything. Any suggestions?

Hi RukuPierre,

Thanks for reporting the problem. What version of FL Studio/Poise are you using?

Shannon
RukuPierre
KVRer

2 posts since 13 Jul, 2012

Postby RukuPierre; Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:23 pm

FL Studio 9 XXL and Poise 1.1.19.0.
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 am

RukuPierre wrote:FL Studio 9 XXL and Poise 1.1.19.0.
Please check your private messages. I've just sent you a download link for the latest build.
Spirith
KVRer

9 posts since 23 Feb, 2004, from Norway, Trondheim

Postby Spirith; Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:29 pm

System:
-----
Windows 7, 64 bit
Ableton Live 8.3.4, 32 bit
Poise Percusion Sampler - Version 1.1.43.2, 32 bit
------

Bugs:
------
When "play" in Ableton Live, the "selected-pad" will not change according to the pad that is pressed, you will have to "stop" the playback, in order to change/update the "selected-pad" to the pad you are pressing.

I was about to post another bug but it turned out to not be a bug at all... :D I love this sampler, and I am looking forward bringing it into the Live 9, and Push- land.

Martin B.
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Spirith wrote:System:
-----
Windows 7, 64 bit
Ableton Live 8.3.4, 32 bit
Poise Percusion Sampler - Version 1.1.43.2, 32 bit
------

Bugs:
------
When "play" in Ableton Live, the "selected-pad" will not change according to the pad that is pressed, you will have to "stop" the playback, in order to change/update the "selected-pad" to the pad you are pressing.

I was about to post another bug but it turned out to not be a bug at all... :D I love this sampler, and I am looking forward bringing it into the Live 9, and Push- land.

Martin B.

Hi Martin,

That's a feature, not a bug. If the pad followed MIDI input during playback, the selected pad would be jumping all over the place.

Shannon
nooneinparticular
KVRer

2 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Postby nooneinparticular; Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Hello, I hope this is going in the right section.

First of all, let me congratulate onesmallclue on a great product in poise. I am in love with it.

Now, for the reason of this post, I believe I have found a bug which causes my daw(s) to freeze when performing the action of 'load next sample'

Info:

Windows 7 64
Poise latest 32 bit version
Ableton and Studio One v2 both show the same symptoms

Here is the simplified breakdown which should allow recreation of the issue:

Lets say I have a folder with a bunch of kick samples. In this folder is also a bunch of .asd files (created by ableton). Lets say there are 20 kick samples in this folder.

I drag the first sample into Poise and then keep loading the next sample until I reach the last one. At this point, if I try again to load the next sample, i BELIEVE that poise now tries to load one of the .asd files, and then it freezes and crashes my daw.

I have solved the issue by deleting all the .asd files. I no longer have any problems, but the weakness still exists.

So, i no longer have any issues with poise, but I think that there is something wrong with the way next samples are loaded as far as what files are allowed to be looked at by poise, or how they are handled.

Also, a feature request... when loading new samples, if the last one is reached, loop back to the first one, or allow for a knob which can be used to select the samples which has a max range dependent on the amount of files in the folder

thanks
Last edited by nooneinparticular on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nooneinparticular
KVRer

2 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Postby nooneinparticular; Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi, me again.. I just want to add to the post I just made:

Even after deleting all the .asd files I am still experiences crashes/freezes when doing 'load next sample' ... it seems to happen when i hold down "n" and allow it to scroll quickly through samples (i have around 80 in a folder).

I even saw strange behavior as I was scrolling my cymbals, the sample window (which shows the waveforms) went completely blank, like all the samples disappeared.

So I don't know what the issue is anymore, but it happens often
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 am

Hi Nooneinparticular, thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look. :)

Shannon
DocShay
KVRist

37 posts since 26 Feb, 2013

Postby DocShay; Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:57 am

Hello I found a bug while I was demoing the plugin, every time you render a pad(ram or disk) the rendered file gets pitched down. The more you render the same pad the more the pitch goes down on the resulting render so it never sounds like the original file before rendering. I really like the plugin and was looking to purchase but the bug put me off a bit.

my system info:
Windows 8 x64
Latest version of poise 32 bit
Reaper x86 4.33 pre 14
Next

Moderator: very angry mobster

Return to One Small Clue