2012 purchase regrets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This Plugin .
Everyone here always says how great it is, so I finally broke down and bought after all these years.
To be honest I can't even hear if it is doing anything.
Plus, it went on sale right after I paid my hard earned!

MVocoder if anything, because I can't seem to get it to sound good. But it was quite cheap when I got it, and I strongly suspect my inability to get good results is substantially my own fault, so I'm really not too upset. Still, I've played around with the demo for Waldorf's Lector vocoder, and I get great results with that; unfortunately, it's substantially more expensive, but I wish I'd saved up my MVocoder money to put towards buying Lector one day instead.

Speaking of AudioMIDI, I just realized I have't received an email newsletter from them in ages. I thought maybe they lost my info, but I'm still registered on their site. Has anyone else been getting these?

menthol wrote:Speaking of AudioMIDI, I just realized I have't received an email newsletter from them in ages. I thought maybe they lost my info, but I'm still registered on their site. Has anyone else been getting these?
Seems they are bankrupt.

I don't so much regret what I bought (maybe a couple of unnecessary no-brainers, but hey, they were cheap!)...

I regret how much I spent. :-o

im kind of puzzled what "no-brainer" actually implies ... :lol:
i picture zombies in a music store buying whatever the clerk is handing to them
:hug:

Hmmm... I'm sure this is not going to go over too good but, I have downloaded the Diva demo twice and I can't see why I should have this AND Zebra? Zebra does it all and uses very little cpu as well. I just don't hear the "analogness" in Diva. I do have mild Tinnitis though... Ha! :)

I've got Tineertus, still not sure if I'd want to trade :?

The little I have used the Diva demo, convinces me that in capable hands,
the magic will appear. Just don't bury jewels in the mix, or it's a waste of money.

I regret not pouncing on some hardware synth bargains last year,
but I got my wife a QS8 for Valentines...only 22 more shopping days, guys!
But shes looking suspiciously
at my side of the bed being a bit higher than hers.
Hope she doesn't look under the mattress, and ruin the surprise :-o
Pretty heavy to be hiding it in the attic :hihi:

Crackbaby wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Aalto. Great sounding synth, but I'm not cool with adding an extra 6ms latency to my entire Ableton set. Now I cant sell it. But of course both of these things I could have found out before buying so my bad.
Why is it adding 6ms of latency? Seems odd for a synth :-o

Yes it's quite odd indeed. It has 256 sample delay. so at 44.1, that means 6 ms additional latency in addition to your regular audio and plug-in buffer. Most plug-in instruments have no extra latency besides the plug-in buffer. The only other two I've come across (over many many instruments!) that do add latency are Camel Alchemy and Addictive Keys (both 64 samples = 1.5ms). 1.5 ms is ok. But 6? That's a lot to add to a set for one plug-in.

jacqueslacouth wrote:Omnisphere may be more puzzling considering I have heard Alchemy described as a poor mans Omnisphere. I just find it hard to make it fit into what I am doing without it feeling overwhelming, it sounds, to my ears, to big, it swamps everything and tends to be discordant with the ambient sounds I am building around.
This is true. Many of the presets are washed in Reverb and delay to showcase the synth. However, the pure synthesis engine of Omni is quite good and a lot of the presets can be tamed by removing or lowering the amount of FX in the chain.

The good news is both Diva and Omnisphere seem to have good resale value in the market place. Omni is a bit more work to get transferred but if you're serious about the regret you should be able to unload them both for most of the money you paid for them.

(And I would never call Alchemy a poor-man's anything. It's an amazing synth.)

Aural Chaos wrote:This Plugin .
Everyone here always says how great it is, so I finally broke down and bought after all these years.
To be honest I can't even hear if it is doing anything.
Plus, it went on sale right after I paid my hard earned!
Are you using x32 bit host? This is supposed to be a x64 plugin. :hihi:
No signature here!

Korg microSampler.
It has since been sold.
Sure it's not a plugin, but still.
Starting to feel that way about the Wavedrum Mini, too.

Not a thing. :D

I had some regrets from 2011 purchases, but I made sure this year that everything I bought was something that I thoroughly investigated.

I also struck some pretty good deals in sales this year. All the better! :tu:
Blue Phase Music

Nothing!!!!!!

This was the year of " I can't afford crap right now," but I still got some really good sale prices. For example the penultimate version of wusik station for almost free (idgac if the sample library is MEH, I NEED it!) and some stunning kontakt instruments by Hollow Sun and Synth Magic for less than cup of coffee. I don't know why they do that, but I will gladly partake.

What did I regret NOT buying? The sale on Rhino's presets, $25 for everything. I was in the middle of moving long distance, and was unable to jump on the sale before it ended.

Here's to another year of hoarding every free, expensive, and everything in between vst that I can get my hand on!

Regrets.

Well, Rapture and Karma FX Modular.
They sound.................horrible, both.
Just try to use the Karma FX big EQ for some material.
I should have kept all that money and by Dune.................shit:)

Return to “Instruments”