Kirk Hunter Pop Rock Strings Support

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the official support area for Kirk Hunter's Pop Rock Strings. All questions/discussions about Pop Rock Strings should be posted HERE. Please do not engage in general discussions involving opinions etc. There are other areas for that. This thread is STRICTLY for those who are seeking support or information from other forum members or from myself concerning Pop Rock Strings. I will be checking here often, as this thread has been setup to contact me automatically via email. DO NOT contact me via email unless I have asked you to do so.

Hi!

Any ideia of how much will the upgrade to TVEC5 be?

Cheers

Morph243 wrote:Hi!

Any ideia of how much will the upgrade to TVEC5 be?

Cheers
Hello.

I have not yet priced out the upgrade. There is still a lot of fine-tuning to do, and then to port TVEC 5 over to the entire library. Most likely, it will be $29.00 - the same as previous TVEC upgrade prices.

Hi,
i made the same question again on a different post but i didn't get an answer.

I have Pop rock strings TVEC 3 with kontakt player.
If i upgrade to ESA, will it be fully functional?

Because I am demoing it right now and i can't get the pattern maker working.
I turn it "on" on the home page, but nothing happens when i play a note.

Thanks,
Dimitris.

Also, which version of TVEC is currently included in Pop Rock Strings? I was not sure from reading the web site pages.

And, can you list the TVEC upgrades (for those with older editions of PRS) and ESA should be listed for PRS on the products page?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

dimtsak wrote:Hi,
i made the same question again on a different post but i didn't get an answer.

I have Pop rock strings TVEC 3 with kontakt player.
If i upgrade to ESA, will it be fully functional?

Because I am demoing it right now and i can't get the pattern maker working.
I turn it "on" on the home page, but nothing happens when i play a note.

Thanks,
Dimitris.
Yes, if you add the ESA addon to Pop Rock Strings, and you're currently using TVEC3, you should be ok.

PatternMaker only works if you're using an accented articulation. So make sure you're not using "Smooth" or "Adagio", etc.

Thanks for the answer.
Didn't really think of that.
I mostly use adagio and smooth.

Now it seems a worthy update.

dimtsak wrote:Thanks for the answer.
Didn't really think of that.
I mostly use adagio and smooth.

Now it seems a worthy update.
PatternMaker is really meant for fast passages that are really hard to do live. Using "Smooth" or "Adagio", in PatternMaker didn't really make sense when I designed it.

When you have "pattern" on, in the first page,
it affects the playability, even with smooth or adagio.

In a good way.

Listen to this:

Exactly same notes.
Smart legato off.
First part pattern off, second part pattern on

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17964137/files ... smooth.mp3
Last edited by dimtsak on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

dimtsak wrote:When you have "pattern" on, in the first page,
it affects the playability, even with smooth or adagio.

In a good way.

Listen to this:

Exactly same notes.
Smart legato off.
First part pattern off, second part pattern on

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17964137/files ... smooth.mp3
If you engage PatternMaker it disengages the AttkSens feature completely. So if you're using a high value for AttkSens (velocity attack sensitivity), and turn on PatternMaker, then your attacks, even at low velocities, will be a bit more pronounced.

When I selected Modwheel vibrato for the solo violin patch and started playing with the modwheel, it sounded like there was a chorus going on. How to fix that?( I'm using TVEC 3 version)

zakufan wrote:When I selected Modwheel vibrato for the solo violin patch and started playing with the modwheel, it sounded like there was a chorus going on. How to fix that?( I'm using TVEC 3 version)
Modwheel vibrato for solos can have a very slight chorus effect during the modwheel move, but only slight. It's best used by moving the modwheel more quickly. Doing modwheel vibrato for solos is impossible to perfect unless you do an artificial vibrato (that usually sounds even worse than dealing with the slight chorus effect), or sample-matching software (which, to me, still sounds a bit dodgy). However, in the future, I will most likely be improving this crossover, and the upgrade will be free.

Hi,

I'm trying to emulate a section of 6 cellos, but one division/patch only has 3 cellos playing at the same time. If I add another patch like that, it will just duplicate the existing 3 cellos sound, not produce a 6 cellos sound.

Is there a recommended setting to tweak in order to make the 2nd patch sound different, thus adding to the image of 6 different cellos playing together?

Many thanks!
EPoX 9NPA+ Ultra --- AMD64 Venice 3200+ @ 2,5Ghz --- 1GB Corsair Value DDR400 --- inno3D 7600GST ---> Neovo F-419 19" LCD --- E-MU 0404 --> M-Audio Studiophile BX5a

glObalist wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to emulate a section of 6 cellos, but one division/patch only has 3 cellos playing at the same time. If I add another patch like that, it will just duplicate the existing 3 cellos sound, not produce a 6 cellos sound.

Is there a recommended setting to tweak in order to make the 2nd patch sound different, thus adding to the image of 6 different cellos playing together?

Many thanks!
The "Half" division of cellos contains 6 players. If you want to have a 3 + 3 section (where half the cellos play one part, and half the cellos play another part, then you're ok using the "Quarter" division as long as you don't play the same exact part.

Hi
I'm a newbie and never used Kontakt and sample libraries. I purchased the Pop Rock Strings and installed Kontakt 5 player but I cannot work out how to install or use Pop Rock Strings. I tried pointing Kontakt at the files but it says encrypted and not authorized. Also - how would I see the control panel shown i your website screen shots even if I could get Kontakt running - seems I'm missing some sort of installation file run? Please help a newbie install your product correctly. Many thanks. (I was surprised total downloads when I purchased the product was only 180 mb - have I missed something in download ? I thought it would be in the order of Gb?
Thanks

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”