What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Steamroller (synthwave/chillwave)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Mariosprt
KVRist

254 posts since 3 Feb, 2012

Postby Mariosprt; Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:42 pm

seismic1 wrote:Now you've established a precedent, you have to complete the next track.

Totally :) Thank you man

@ariston: Thanks a lot man!

himalaya wrote:I absolutely love Titanium by David Guetta, but the side-chain pumping when it drops on the chorus just hurts my ears/head

I know what you mean, I thought I knew the track and I just checked it out. It feels like your brain is being sucked out through your ears. It's a cool effect if used sparingly but the Guetta/Avicii/Deadmau5/SHM scene is overflowing with it, and it ruins otherwise great tracks IMHO.
Mariosprt
KVRist

Postby Mariosprt; Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:52 pm

@chaosWyrM: Thanks man. I checked your SC and you got some pretty weird and interesting stuff.
dark_virus
KVRAF

1555 posts since 28 Jun, 2007, from Amazon rain forest

Postby dark_virus; Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Mariosprt wrote:
dark_virus wrote:And I should do a similar resolution about my 100+ unfinished tracks. :)

Hehe.. I'm going on 30 myself :) I used to let the ideas rest a while to listen with fresh ears, but in the end the mood and the initial feeling was gone, so I have to change my method.
Yes it needed some more variaton, but like I said, the mood was lost.
Thanks man

Yes, that's exactly what happens to me. But, sometimes, we discover that the unfinished tracks are so good that they absolutely need a decent conclusion.

And don't get me wrong: I liked the track and I'm glad you could finish it. It's an amazing sensation, isn't it? ;)
Mariosprt
KVRist

Postby Mariosprt; Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:36 pm

@dark_virus: :) yep, it is. Specially because it's so hard for me to define when a track is "finished", posting it here for you guys is kind of saying: "That's it! It's done! No more messing with it" :)
mr.me
KVRAF

2083 posts since 11 Feb, 2003

Postby mr.me; Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 pm

I like it...to me has an 80's feel, but kinda dark as well. Thumbs up!

Keep em coming. :wink:
layzer
KVRAF

1668 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 pm

ok, had to chime in on this one as it reminds me of a lot of my early works... and it doesn't sound like a bunch of loops pasted together. good job! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - YAMAHA TX802]
SW [Z3TA+ - CHARLATAN - SYNTH1 - DUNE BE - MICROTERA - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK XPSP3 PC/MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
Mariosprt
KVRist

Postby Mariosprt; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 pm

@mr.me, @layzer: thx guys :)
Previous

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe