DSI Mopho VSTi editor (Windows)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you find the Mopho Editor useful?

Yes, it's revolutionary!! Burn the bra!
33%
Yes, fairly ok..
15%
No, i've seen better
9%
No, lame piece of sh**, doesn't work at all
18%
I want a version for Mac!
24%

Total votes: 33

RELATED
PRODUCTS

sk1e wrote: Im very new to hardware, sorry if it sounded like im saying that this editor is not needed or bad, im just trying to figure out new workflow for me.
Nope it didn't sound like that :)
I searched for good workflow many years myself too. And still keeping my eyes open. Newest thing being Cubase's quick controls.

This is my take on how HW should be interfaced by todays standards. Maybe instrument manufacturers will take the hint soon..
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:
sk1e wrote: Im very new to hardware, sorry if it sounded like im saying that this editor is not needed or bad, im just trying to figure out new workflow for me.
I searched for good workflow many years myself too. And still keeping my eyes open. Newest thing being Cubase's quick controls.

This is my take on how HW should be interfaced by todays standards. Maybe instrument manufacturers will take the hint soon..
As long as i got author's attention :), may be you can help me with this strange issue with plugin. When i wire mopho directly through midi and, for example make midi clip with notes, everyhing works fine and plays in time and quantized , but if i put the same clip, or make new one with plugin, notes dont sound in sync with tempo :/ and some note lenghts seem a bit random. I checked it 2 times, restarted daw etc, but it still sounds strange.

sk1e wrote:
mkdr wrote:

As long as i got author's attention :), may be you can help me with this strange issue with plugin. When i wire mopho directly through midi and, for example make midi clip with notes, everyhing works fine and plays in time and quantized , but if i put the same clip, or make new one with plugin, notes dont sound in sync with tempo :/ and some note lenghts seem a bit random. I checked it 2 times, restarted daw etc, but it still sounds strange.
Ahm, that doesn't sound good. What Host are you using? What's your computer spec?
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:
sk1e wrote:
mkdr wrote:

Ahm, that doesn't sound good. What Host are you using? What's your computer spec?
ableton 8.2.1
core i5 2500k
8gb ram
ssd

rebooted pc - still havnig this issue
can make you audio demo if you like

mkdr wrote: Ahm, that doesn't sound good. What Host are you using? What's your computer spec?
experimented i bit - this happens when i dont use asio, when i switch to asio from dx - everything becomes normal, but not quantized in dx mode

sk1e wrote:
mkdr wrote: Ahm, that doesn't sound good. What Host are you using? What's your computer spec?
experimented i bit - this happens when i dont use asio, when i switch to asio from dx - everything becomes normal, but not quantized in dx mode
Ok. Thats a bummer. I've never noticed this myself.. Well mostly because i only use Mopho with ASIO. I can look if it does the same over here to confirm it's a dx issue.

Thanks for reporting this. :tu:
www.mkdr.net

It doesn't seem to work properly for the Mopho keyboard.

Specifically the patch recall (upon project load) doesn't work - the patch saved with the project is not the patch send to the synth. Also, the patch name changes when loading the project (i.e. Saved as "my patch", when opening project again name is just "patch"). In short the patch seem corrupted.

/Jonas

Hello,

I have the tetra, and love the principle and the sounds i can make, i am frustrated by the fact i can't get the editor and ableton to run as smoothly as i would like together, to the point where i'm thinking of selling.

this sounds very interesting though, is there likely to be a tetra one anytime soon?

Machine15 wrote:It doesn't seem to work properly for the Mopho keyboard.

Specifically the patch recall (upon project load) doesn't work - the patch saved with the project is not the patch send to the synth. Also, the patch name changes when loading the project (i.e. Saved as "my patch", when opening project again name is just "patch"). In short the patch seem corrupted.

/Jonas
Bummer..
It's been a struggle to support the Keyboard version so far. There's no way for me to properly test this thing and some bugs can sneak in. I'm truly sorry for the current shape it's in. I'll fix it! I actually already have a plan on how to do this, just not enough time. I'll draw up a schedule for this by the end of the month. I should prob post this to the "MKDR section" of the KVR-forum too.. I'll post links when i get there. Hang in there :)
www.mkdr.net

LukeLSB wrote:Hello,

I have the tetra, and love the principle and the sounds i can make, i am frustrated by the fact i can't get the editor and ableton to run as smoothly as i would like together, to the point where i'm thinking of selling.

this sounds very interesting though, is there likely to be a tetra one anytime soon?
Definitely yes! There's been so many inquiries as to if there's going to be one that I've decided to go ahead and build it. Schedule within a few months.

I'll have the same problems with developing it as I've had with the Mopho Keyboard version, as i haven't got the actual hardware, so I need to see how that goes first, and learn better how to do it. Luckily DSI hardware is properly documented (unlike M-Audio :x) so there shouldn't be too many slowdowns.

Btw. When i'm not working on these editors i do sound design and music for games. A bit of selfpromotion ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XPXftdlkWU
www.mkdr.net

Ok. Just a bit late of schedule, I'm now starting to fix the MophoEd Keyboard editor. For this I'll need peoples help. If you are willing to take a few minutes next week(11-15 of Feb) to test some versions on your Mopho Keyboard it would certainly speed things up. Head over to http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=373193 and join the effort!

I'll also update the Desktop version soon. Lot's of cool things coming up :)
www.mkdr.net

@mkdr

Hey Matti,

Bought a copy of MophoEd last night. For the life of me, couldn't get it working, I am assuming this is because I was trying to access it with the midi port that Ableton is using for other things (I have the Mopho daisy chained on my MachineDrum midi thru from a 1/1 midi port on my Hammerfall Multiface 2).

A bit of back reading suggests I need an entirely free midi port to connect to the Mopho. Does this mean I need to set up another interface?

Then once I have an available midi port, I actually want to turn it off in Ableton's preferences. Is that right?

Many thanks, looking forward to getting set up and getting some real use out of the Mopho.

Six_Gun wrote:@mkdr

Hey Matti,

Bought a copy of MophoEd last night. For the life of me, couldn't get it working, I am assuming this is because I was trying to access it with the midi port that Ableton is using for other things (I have the Mopho daisy chained on my MachineDrum midi thru from a 1/1 midi port on my Hammerfall Multiface 2).

A bit of back reading suggests I need an entirely free midi port to connect to the Mopho. Does this mean I need to set up another interface?

Then once I have an available midi port, I actually want to turn it off in Ableton's preferences. Is that right?

Many thanks, looking forward to getting set up and getting some real use out of the Mopho.

Hey 6!

Yes you need to have a port for the plugin that is not in use by the DAW. The easy way is to have a dedicated port for it. You can however use your midichain through the plugin. You just send midi to the plugin on different channels for different synths. Just make sure the plugin is in the right mode for this. Right-click the midi channel selector.. There should be something =)
www.mkdr.net

Matti, hello!

I wrote to you on mail, but didn't recieved any reply from you.

I have a few bugs/quirks to report.

I use MophoEd with Renoise 2.8.1 through ESI Midimate USB to MIDI interface.
My system is Windows XP SP3.

When I load MophoEd into Renoise it doesn't respond on MIDI events from host immediately, i have to intensively press notes for about 0,5 minutes to light it up, then everything starts to work properly.

Have to say, that Mopho is not only hardware i have connected to Renoise. I have tx81z and blofeld connected through loopbe and novation zero sl's outputs and they react to my activity immediately.

Then, when i turn osc, env, filter knobs with MophoEd everything updates instantly, but when i deal with modulations and lfos i have to re-send every time. Does it works as supposed to be?

So when can we expect the new update? Don't take this the wrong way, but you've been promising updates for 6+ months now and there's still nothing new on the horizon. I know that software development takes time, and that you probably have a day job and who knows how many other things to do rather than to code VSTs, but I'd just like to know if this has been abandoned and if I should be searching for a new solution, or if the update really is coming. And if yes, when?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”