What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

New: biolabs Light Space for Alchemy & Player Released!

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

aMUSEd
KVRAF

19906 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:32 am

Lot's of 5 star patches in this bank btw - great work!
iamyourfather
KVRist

274 posts since 7 Aug, 2010, from London, UK

Postby iamyourfather; Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:35 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:There seems to be some confusion about needing to "install all libraries".

The earlier post is referring only to the file AlchemyAllPresets.CamelSounds. It does not mean that all of the content needs to be reinstalled. To install Light Space you would:

1. Download the All Presets file (link at top of downloads page)
2. Download the Samples for Light Space
3. Install both files

That should be it. Start host, let the scan complete, Light Space is now ready to use.

Peace,
Andy.

AHA ! I thought I had misunderstood it. I didn't hink there was any problem with the last banks I bought. Thanks Andy, going to scoop up some fluffy biolabs right now :)
iamyourfather
KVRist

274 posts since 7 Aug, 2010, from London, UK

Postby iamyourfather; Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 am

aMUSEd wrote:It's OK it's no big deal, I just wanted to point out a potential problem that might catch others out. I just tried again adding it to my cart and still don't see any "deals for you" bit even though I am logged in.

It's down the page after you log in. You have to accept it from a special section called deals for you, it doesn't offer it at checkout or take the money off. If you click on just the "lighspace" picture on the front page you'll miss it. I think a few darkspace owners are going to miss it... we both did, altho thanks to you I only did because I was checking, I'm going to buy it now properly.

I now understand it's only the presets, not the samples in one big file too.

Cheers. IAYF
Thinking_Fish
KVRer

2 posts since 18 Jan, 2013, from New York

Postby Thinking_Fish; Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:33 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:There seems to be some confusion about needing to "install all libraries".

The earlier post is referring only to the file AlchemyAllPresets.CamelSounds. It does not mean that all of the content needs to be reinstalled. To install Light Space you would:

1. Download the All Presets file (link at top of downloads page)
2. Download the Samples for Light Space
3. Install both files

Peace,
Andy.

Thanks! - turns out I had put the All Preset file and Library in a folder - not on the desktop - and that made a difference.

Great soundest! LOVING THE KITS... pads great... amazing stuff as always. and as I had Dark spaces and credit - it worked out an absolute STEAL!
biomechanoid
KVRian

1178 posts since 29 May, 2002, from Scotland

Postby biomechanoid; Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:56 am

aMUSEd wrote:Lot's of 5 star patches in this bank btw - great work!

Thanks Stephen 8)
[ Camel Audio Alchemy ] [ ucn netlabel ]
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
biomechanoid
KVRian

Postby biomechanoid; Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:59 am

Thinking_Fish wrote:
Great soundest! LOVING THE KITS... pads great... amazing stuff as always. and as I had Dark spaces and credit - it worked out an absolute STEAL!

Thanks! :tu:
w6mpr
KVRer

8 posts since 8 Feb, 2012

Postby w6mpr; Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Fast becoming my favorite sound bank. Great work! Love to see this one on the mobile app too.
biomechanoid
KVRian

Postby biomechanoid; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 am

w6mpr wrote:Fast becoming my favorite sound bank. Great work! Love to see this one on the mobile app too.

Glad you are enjoying it. There will be a mobile version at some point, but not sure when.

Thanks,

Col
iPlogger
KVRist

429 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest

Postby iPlogger; Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:43 am

> Love to see this one on the mobile app too.

w6mpr, if you have Alchemy Mobile Pro, then you can transfer the soundbank from the computer to the Mobile app using the directions on this page.

I've thought about getting this soundset and moving them to the iPad for use.

> There will be a mobile version at some point

Great to hear. Please add my vote to the Mobile version as well. I really like the video and sound samples, but don't use my computer at all for music.
Haraldator
KVRist

74 posts since 26 Sep, 2012, from Norway

Postby Haraldator; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:27 pm

I purchased this library tonight and was looking forward to giving it a test run but... honestly guys, I'm not very impressed with your installer. At all. It just installs the thing without giving you any choice as to where to put things, and as a result neither I nor Alchemy can find the library and use it. I've updated Alchemy, installed everything all over again, and yet all I've got is the handful of libraries I've had for ages, as well as the factory content. Despite scanning every time I've opened Alchemy, it will not find my new LightSpace library. I've spent close to an hour and a half on this thing now, and the library is still not installed and working. I kinda feel like going and doing something else, to be honest. Pretty frustrated. I install sound libraries of all kinds regularly, and it's usually a formality - and I really don't see why it shouldnt be. This time, however... :x

If your installer could at least have left me with an option to install the library in the right folder manually then that would have been helpful.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd love to be able to try out these sounds tonight - demos sound GREAT! :)
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10368 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm

You need to install the AlchemyAllPresets.CamelSounds file. This contains all presets registered to your account, and is required each time a new sound library is added.

There should have been a prompt to download this file automatically, but if not you'll need to click the Download All Presets link at the top of the downloads page.

Re the installer, there is no option to set folders as that is already set by the original installation.

Let us know if you need more help.

Peace,
Andy.
Haraldator
KVRist

Postby Haraldator; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:You need to install the AlchemyAllPresets.CamelSounds file. This contains all presets registered to your account, and is required each time a new sound library is added.

There should have been a prompt to download this file automatically, but if not you'll need to click the Download All Presets link at the top of the downloads page.

Re the installer, there is no option to set folders as that is already set by the original installation.

Let us know if you need more help.

Peace,
Andy.

Thanks Andy. No, there's not been any prompts to do that any of the times I've tried to install LightSpace. What it does instead is install the update files all over again.

I'm going to install the AlchemyAllPresets file and report back.

Thanks for your ULTRA-SWIFT reply!!!!

Much appreciated.

:)
Haraldator
KVRist

Postby Haraldator; Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 pm

It worked!

Giving the new sounds a test run now. Preliminary findings: It's awesome. I'm very glad I got this. Very, very inspiring and evocative sounds. Seems like another home run to me!
spidergod
KVRian

791 posts since 27 May, 2008

Postby spidergod; Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Fantastic library, only been experimenting with the different presets today and they sound lovely.
biomechanoid
KVRian

Postby biomechanoid; Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 am

Haraldator wrote:It worked!

Giving the new sounds a test run now. Preliminary findings: It's awesome. I'm very glad I got this. Very, very inspiring and evocative sounds. Seems like another home run to me!

Glad you got it working and are enjoying the library. Thanks for buying and for the feedback :tu:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio