UVI Vintage Legends, demo version now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

otristan wrote:Otherwise, there is no plan to provide demo soundbank AFAIK.
A simple solution might be to make a single preset from each instrument freely available to everyone. That way everyone can get a sense of the quality and feel of your products. Plus, if you do a single preset from each one of your libraries, that will be a good sized collection that will get a lot more people using the UVI Workstation.

Uncle E wrote:
otristan wrote:Otherwise, there is no plan to provide demo soundbank AFAIK.
A simple solution might be to make a single preset from each instrument freely available to everyone. That way everyone can get a sense of the quality and feel of your products. Plus, if you do a single preset from each one of your libraries, that will be a good sized collection that will get a lot more people using the UVI Workstation.
I felt I was banging my head against the wall with Otristian, really...

At least you understand Uncle E.

I want to know if this FMX1 stands up to the hardware, It also features an FM synthesis engine.

A two minute 'feature film-esque' dubstep trailer is no good, a high quality Torley type video would be better, he shows what synths can do and how they really sound....

I don't see any demos of expensive Kontakt libraries around either. And those don't even use iLok. If NI doesn't do that, why would UVI bother?

TrySound is not a bad thing, provided your Internet connection isn't crap, which is still true for bigger part of the world. However I don't see each and every library available for tryout at TrySound either.

EvilDragon wrote:I don't see any demos of expensive Kontakt libraries around either. And those don't even use iLok. If NI doesn't do that, why would UVI bother?
That attitude helps explain why MOTU's sampler has such a small user base compared to Kontakt - you'd expect the little guy to go the extra mile to attract customers, not tell them to get to a "music shop" if they want to try the demo.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

re_mute wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:I don't see any demos of expensive Kontakt libraries around either. And those don't even use iLok. If NI doesn't do that, why would UVI bother?
That attitude helps explain why MOTU's sampler has such a small user base compared to Kontakt - you'd expect the little guy to go the extra mile to attract customers, not tell them to get to a "music shop" if they want to try the demo.
+1

re_mute wrote:
You'd expect the little guy to protect their property even harder - because unlike the 'big' guys like NI they might not have the financial padding to survive if their libraries are available on the wwwrz.
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:
re_mute wrote:
You'd expect the little guy to protect their property even harder - because unlike the 'big' guys like NI they might not have the financial padding to survive if their libraries are available on the wwwrz.
Nobody expects them to put anything close to the whole library up. That's not what he was suggesting at all.

donato wrote:
dalor wrote:
re_mute wrote:
Nobody expects them to put anything close to the whole library up. That's not what he was suggesting at all.
I didn't suggest what you say either.
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:
re_mute wrote:
Not sure why you're quoting me - I haven't suggested MOTU shouldn't "protect" their property.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

re_mute wrote:
Actually...I'm pretty sure Kontakt is the "industry standard", because, sadly, as soon as a library is released for it - it's pretty much pirated instantly, no matter how many terabytes it is.

At least MOTU and Steinberg have managed to protect their products. Best Service has apparently also been recently "cracked".

otristan wrote:re: demos

I think iLok allow this but this is less secure in that case.(there was some demo period renewal hack), issues with the bandwidth as those are multi GB soundbanks and probably other stuff.
This explains it - it's a copyright issue. I don't think downloading gigabytes (even for a demo) is an issue in the age of 10MB/sec broadband connections.

There is now a demo version of Vintage Legends

http://blog.uvi.net/sounds-instruments/ ... o-version/
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Very useable demo this. Gives a basic understanding of the interface and sound quality :tu:

(Just remember that you need to be on the latest version of the UVI engine, I was only on 2.06 and got an error that the Legends demo couldn't be loaded, but fixed that by upgrading to v2.09)

otristan wrote:There is now a demo version of Vintage Legends

http://blog.uvi.net/sounds-instruments/ ... o-version/
Downloading now, thankyou! :)

Otristan - can you please elaborate on the FMIZER function?

Is this the synthesizer engine and not the sample?

For me this came more alive when using that function, could of maybe stretched to 3 presets from each synth - but it's a step in the right direction - I see on UVI blog others mention they will not buy without a demo, so good to see you are listening to your customers/potential customers!

breakmixer wrote:Otristan - can you please elaborate on the FMIZER function?

Is this the synthesizer engine and not the sample?
FMIZER is an FM oscillator from UVI/M5 engine with optimised set of controls exposed by this instrument script.
It's here to add some grit and harmonics to the sound
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Return to “Instruments”