What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Brass plug-in with realistic double tonguing

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRer

1 post since 21 Jan, 2013

Postby MvdP; Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 am

Hi,

I am looking for a realistic brass plug-in. However, I did find find one (apart from EWQL's hollywood brass) that has double-tonguing listed in the available articulations. I have looked at:
- Mojo: Horn Section
- Chris Hein (compact)
- The trumpet (Sample Modeling)

I would like to have at least a solo trumpet, sax and trombone, even if that menas that I would need three separate plug-ins.

Does anybody know if this artuculation is available in one of the three plug-ins I have looked at? Is the articulations perhaps named differently?

Or any other suggestions for realistic plug-ins?
KVRAF

8642 posts since 20 Oct, 2007

Postby jancivil; Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 am

are you asking about a sample that produces more than one attack during the note-on? VSL has 'repetitions' at various BPMs for solo instruments that are literally multiple tonguings on the same note. beyond that I don't know. WarpIV ST Pro has a short staccato I use for quick passsages; NB: a wind or brass player is resorting to tactics of double tounguing when running out of time for single tonguing; triple tonguing to a virtuoso that's been trained for it is about a triplet effect, so some go with a pure ta ka ta/ta ka ta so the first of three is sharper, but this is a lot of detail. It might be notated in a classical score but a show or jazz band score not so much, as so often it's just down to the individual handling a fast passage. If it's the effect of repetitions on one note I find the articulations eg., 'repetitions 170BPM' is a stonger effect in VSL and of course a time-saver. Again there is a difference in the specificity, vis a vis classical approach typically. Interestingly enough the staccato in the WarpIV, a jazz lib, is quite a bit more 'blast' so I can get strong reps with it, vs VSL.

just in terms of information, if you see 'flutter' or flutter-tonguing that's a different matter so don't take it as the same.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments