Filtering NOTE OFF in eXT 2.6

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am attempting to "stretch" too-short notes from my drum pad by using filters to split NOTE ON and NOTE OFF messages into 2 different paths, delaying the NOTE OFF messages, then recombining them. HOwever, none of the filters or mungers I have tried seem to be able to filter just the NOTE OFF messages. They all either pass both the ON and OFF messages, or pass nothing. I even tried the MIDIlegato plugin from xoxos, which claims to do exactly what I want, and it doesn't work either.
I have a friend who is using this exact technique in eXT 1.4.
Is this a bug or a feature in 2.6, or am I just doing it wrong? Where can I get a copy of 1.4 to see if it works there?

On a possibly related note, the midiExactDelay plugin from piz is FAR from "exact" - the time delays seem to be off by about a factor of 10 (0.1s setting = 1s real delay). Is this possibly an indication that I have things set up incorrectly?
THanks for any advice

You can download XT1.4.1 (absolute last version) here:
http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0102
Concerning the Piz plugin: You could ask 'insertpizhere' himself, what could be wrong.
He normally is very helpful and he is/was a energyXT user and at least some of his plugins were primarily written for use in XT1 at the first place.

I know this is a bit old now - but why don't you just increase the length of the notes - eg: in the editor - select all (ctrlA) - then use Alt+right arrow to lengthen the note

??
Cheers

Mick

mickwest1 wrote:why don't you just increase the length of the notes
Hi mickwest1,
I like to be able to hear what I am playing in real time.

As a followup, I finally figured out the problem - my drum pad does not send NOTE OFF messages, but instead uses the convention that a NOTE ON with velocity=0 is also considered a NOTE OFF. This is why I couldn't split out the NOTE OFF events - they weren't there to begin with. Mapping NOTE ON with velocity=0 to a delayed NOTE OFF solved my problem.

Return to “energyXT”