My new track - [Progressive House\Chillout] BenU - Skylight

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

A Track I just finished - or at least I finished.

Just want to hear some comments, and feedbacks about the track.

- What do you think the track is lacking?
- what are the good parts?
- Would the track be better if I focus on the latter part as a chillout track and leave the whole "dance" concept?

https://soundcloud.com/ben-u/benu-skylight

Thanks!

The track is good, but for me it seems to progress too quickly and perhaps there is a bit much happening in just four 'n a bit minutes. Having said that I do lean towards the minimal side of things and enjoy a slow progression.

The first minute is my favourite part, driving and moody.
i think the track could easily be reworked into a piece of chillout/electronica, whether that would be better or not I don't know.
Anyway, I enjoyed listening!

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

i guess i do sometimes i do put to much in 4 minutes...

I quite enjoyed this track, very nice melodies, and very nice mood.
I don't know if a progressive track is supposed to "progress" like that :) but it goes somewhere and I like that.
Great job!

The production is clean and crispy, but the track needs a complete arrangement to reach full potential.

For some reason, I can't imagine it as a dance floor hit, but a more home listening experience, which is equaly valid too! :)

benyuliel wrote:Thanks for the detailed feedback!

i guess i do sometimes i do put to much in 4 minutes...
No worries mate, i often can't really think of much to say - say "i like it" if I like it or keep my mouth shut if I dont!

Thanks for checking out my stuff on Soundcloud too!
take it easy...

Mariosprt wrote: I quite enjoyed this track, very nice melodies, and very nice mood.
Thanks for the comment! I really appreciate this!
dark_virus wrote: For some reason, I can't imagine it as a dance floor hit, but a more home listening experience, which is equaly valid too! :)
Again, thanks for the comment, it really helps a lot :)

It wasn't meant to be a dancefloor track, so at least this i got right :)

Return to “Music Cafe”