Solid state symphony instrument control questions

Official support for: indiginus.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I watched your video on this product and went through the users manual and confused how you accurately play all these instruments via midi or a DAW.

Is this a multichannel product for the instruments or is everything all out just one midi channel? The way it looks in the manual it is the later,one channel.

And looks like everything is triggered off of min velocity settings, is that true?

I assume you can have everything playing at once, strings, winds, synths, rhythms if turned on?

Wish there were more videos on this to get a grasp on how this is controlled via midi or a DAW. I like the price and the sound quality.

Anybody have any Youtube videos of you using this product?

thanks for any info.

Take care,

DaveT :)

It's all in one MIDI channel, various instruments can be accessed via velocity switching.

Thanks EvilDragon,

Couple other questions to the group.

May I ask how much horsepower does this program need? Just asking, should I want to load 2 or 3 copies of Solid State Symphony into kontakt with use on my DAW. Just thinking about the possibility of separating the different instrument sections to get the full range of velocities if needed for each instrument.

Not knowing how this puppy plays, I am 2nd guessing how this velocity thing works/plays.

I have an AMD dual core processor, 64 bit, 2.7Ghz system. 4 gig of ram.

Are Solid State Symphony and Solid State Strings two separate Kontakt programs?
It looks like they are, but thought I would ask. One is not needed for the other?

Just trying to figure out my possibilities and usage with this type of program. I am so use to multi-track orchestra packages.

Sorry for all the questions.

thanks for your time and info,

Dave

SSS takes a bit over 200 MB of RAM. If you load the same instrument in Kontakt multiple times, those samples are shared so there's just a little bit of additional RAM overhead for instrument related things. You have 4 GB of RAM so if you load too much of these you might have problems. I'd suggest a RAM upgrade if you're starting to get serious with Kontakt ;)

Yes, SSS and SSStrings are two separate NKIs.

Hi EvilDragon,

Thank you for all the information. This is one product on my list to get the end of next month.

take care,

Dave :)

Hi Dave,

Everything on the video was played live while triggering all of the sections at once, which is great for getting ideas down. You can also, of course, use multiples of the instrument on different midi channels for more control over sections or elements.

TC

I do think that there's a valid point in requesting both low and high velocity points being adjustable for each section, not just the low point. :)

Thanks again.

It will be interesting to see how that ramp into the different velocity settings plays. As the manual says so you dont just jump into the sound. And where that ramp starts, does it start at the actual velocity setting? or a lower velocity before you reach desired full turn on point.

All the cool things to learn when I buy the product next month.

Since I also play stuff live allot, be interesting to see how well this instrument plays the various parts when called upon. Orchestra at your fingertips. The video shows that a little bit.

I was also wondering about low-high velocity range settings for each of the parts would be better.

take care,

Dave

dathyr1 wrote:Thanks again.

It will be interesting to see how that ramp into the different velocity settings plays. As the manual says so you dont just jump into the sound. And where that ramp starts, does it start at the actual velocity setting? or a lower velocity before you reach desired full turn on point.

All the cool things to learn when I buy the product next month.

Since I also play stuff live allot, be interesting to see how well this instrument plays the various parts when called upon. Orchestra at your fingertips. The video shows that a little bit.

I was also wondering about low-high velocity range settings for each of the parts would be better.

take care,

Dave
The Ramp starts at a point below the velocity setting. Let's say the Lo Velocity is set at 80, and the Ramp is set at 30. This means that starting at a velocity of 50 (80-30) the velocities will scale from 0 to 80 in a linear fashion. The orchestra display will also reflect this by lighting starting from vel 50.

Solid State Symphony works really well live- I use it all the time in worship services. I use a 5 year old macbook with 4 GB ram while running sequences at the same time as playing with no problem.

I'm trying to get an update done this week, so I'll see if I can get a Hi Velocity parameter done in time.

TC

Hi Tcollins,

Thank you for all the information. I now see now what you are saying about the ramp settings. That is great the way that works.

That must be awesome playing that in worship.

I will be purchasing Solid State Symphony and Strings on the 20th of next month. My budget for buying more stuff this month is pretty much filled.

thanks again,

Hi everyone,

Just an update on the SSS update.

I'm just about finished. New features will be:

-Low and Hi velocity controls for each element!

-Expression (CC#11) or Mod wheel (CC#1) volume control, adjustable for each element. This is a big deal for really using the library for scoring.

-New taiko drum sound. This is very cool, and extremely useful for big cinematic boominess. There are preset patterns (that you can change) in the Rhythm element.

-New Orchestral presets. "Epicness" is addictive. Can't wait to do the demo.

-New Padscapes.

I've had to delay the update, due to a piracy concern. Someone, for reasons I can't possibly understand, uploaded SSS to file sharing sites. We keep our prices affordable, so I don't get it. Anyway, we're working on the problem, so it shouldn't be too long. I will make an announcement, and you'll be able to email me (with your original purchase data) for a link to the update download. Just trying to keep the update in the hands of our good customers, and away from the bad guys. I'm hoping for the end of the week.
Thank-you to all of our customers, whose support has enabled us to create our instruments and make them available. Don't worry- the pirates won't win. Not THIS day. ARRRRRRRRRR!
TC
Last edited by tcollins on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi tcollins,

Wow, that sounds great. I will definately be purchasing this on the 20th of this month. I have to just wait to get to my next credit card monthly cycle.

I was wondering if a good Harp sound would be nice future addition with this Synphony package.

Sorry to hear about the piracy.

keep up the great work,

Hi tcollins,

Any news on the update?

Kind regards,
Rick Tucker

It's finished and will be available tomorrow!

That is wonderful news and Thank You for such a quick reply.

Kind regards,
Rick Tucker

Return to “Indiginus”