Worst DAW with a bad workflow is who?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karmacomposer wrote:Back when v5 was new, their support was so bad, they FORCED me to change camps (answers like - "it's your fault virtual instruments won't load or crash your computer, our software is perfect" and then hang up on me or not asking a question and taking WEEKS to get back to me, if ever - crap like that!)
WOW... now that is beyond bad support. This could be another important reason for the big drop in Sonar's popularity. You could check a thread I started a month ago about this issue. It's entitled "Everybody loves FL Studio and Studio One and nobody loves Sonar anymore?" http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Don't know which one is the worst. I think that Reaper is quite a good DAW, especially for its price. But it crashes way too often if you load a lot of instruments.

School Mom for IBM DOS. :hihi:

You can't even export MIDI! :P

Ableton Live is just difficult to even look at ! :o
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

Tracktion.

.... Just kidding, but at least I got to mention it in yet another thread. Fanboy much?
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Asuyuka wrote:School Mom for IBM DOS. :hihi:

You can't even export MIDI! :P
pppfft.

Musicmachine for COBOL based systems. No such thing as MIDI...or audio for that matter... :x

:hihi: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Karmacomposer wrote:
Why: Crashes every 2 minutes while all other DAWs just chug along. Nothing is worst than a DAW that simply crashes all the time.
What? I'll agree that Reaper isn't super stable on Mac (likely due to OSX issues), but on Windows the current version is pretty darn solid for me. The words "rock solid" come to mind, actually. It really doesn't crash very often at all, and if it does it's always due to the same plugs - repeat offenders that I've learned to be a little careful with. I spend hours and hours in Reaper daily, and I find it amazing that it doesn't crash more often - and when it does, I just restart it immediately and get back to work. My current Windows machine is ridiculously stable, though, I'll add that. While an application might crash, the computer itself has never needed a restart in 3+ years... :)

bitwig

:hihi:
:borg:

Reaper crash prone? Not in my experience. In fact, I think that Reaper's stability caused some other daws to address their stability issues, making things better for everyone. Crashing every two minutes? With which specific plugins running? Crashing with a certain amount of vstis? I would have to see that one to believe it, because I have ran some pretty heavy plugin counts on occasion, loading up an i7. Maybe a specific plugin is causing problems, but the number of instances should be irrelevant, as with any other daw.

The only stability issues that I have ever had in Reaper were caused by either Synthmaker plugins clashing with Reason rewired into Reaper, or with some specific 32 bit plugins bridged in Reaper 64 bit. Also, the Reaper devs have been pretty aggressive at addressing bugs. More so than any other software developer I have seen.

I don't want to come off as a fanboi, but in the scheme of other daws and plugins, Reaper does not have a stability issue that I have seen.

Considering I've become reapers anit-fanboi of late, I still have to say crashing was never a problem for me. In fact, the forum isn't full of people like the sonar forum constantly talking about crashing. I know what you are saying....."but sonar is bigger than reaper"......well, it's true but I'm talking relatively.

Let's face it though, there are (edit I think I'll change to ghosts) in computers.

hibidy wrote:Considering I've become reapers anit-fanboi of late, I still have to say crashing was never a problem for me. In fact, the forum isn't full of people like the sonar forum constantly talking about crashing. I know what you are saying....."but sonar is bigger than reaper"......well, it's true but I'm talking relatively.

Let's face it though, there are (edit I think I'll change to ghosts) in computers.
Sonar is bigger than Reaper because: 1) Reaper doesn't include any sample or loop content. 2) Reaper is said to be tightly coded.

I made some jokes at the devs when the Reaper download crossed the 6 mb mark: "Reaper is getting so bloated". ;)

lolz

I can't stop w/o another sonar bash. The workflow would be terrific if it actually worked.

Uggggggggg, I'm so stupid, I should have known better..........I knew better.........

499 for 3 (total dog)
199 to upgrade to 8.5 (not too bad actually)
99 to upgrade to X1 (became frustrating, I guess they eventually fixed some of it)
119 to X2 (major MEH to the max!)

Btw that reminds me, I need to do another clean install :hihi:

Csound is pretty horrible for making music. Add to the list anything which involves typing.

You poor poor X2 people who crash consistently...I only had 2 crashes.... :P
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”