Richie Hawtin and the new NI app. But how?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Richie Hawtin is demoing a new NI app on his iPad.

How is it possible to download an app without going through iTunes, and therefore making the app available to everybody?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Richie Hawtin is demoing a new NI app on his iPad.

How is it possible to download an app without going through iTunes, and therefore making the app available to everybody?
Wouldnt be any way to have betatesters if there wasnt. Its probably still through the same download mechanisms, just with restricted access.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Where is this? Link please!!!! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

There are at least 2 ways to distribute apps to beta testers without going through the app store itself.

Testflight is one mechanism (works over the air), another is directly copying a pre-authorised app to the device via iTunes. Either way, if you managed to get hold of the app file it would not work on your device with some serious hacking.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

audiojunkie wrote:

--Sean
It was from tweety bird:

@NI_News: Here's @richiehawtin getting first touch on the upcoming Native Instruments iPad app - http://t.co/r4uOnBlc

whyterabbyt wrote:

Wouldnt be any way to have betatesters if there wasnt. Its probably still through the same download mechanisms, just with restricted access.
Yes of course. Very valid point.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:There are at least 2 ways to distribute apps to beta testers without going through the app store itself.

Testflight is one mechanism (works over the air), another is directly copying a pre-authorised app to the device via iTunes. Either way, if you managed to get hold of the app file it would not work on your device with some serious hacking.

Peace,
Andy.
Interesting. In hindsight it is obvious for beta testing purposes.
Never really thought about it before now.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:

--Sean
It was from tweety bird:

@NI_News: Here's @richiehawtin getting first touch on the upcoming Native Instruments iPad app - http://t.co/r4uOnBlc
Hmmm.... any ideas what the app is or what it will do? Unfortunately, that screenshot shows nothing. My guess is that it will be some DJ app and won't be useful to me.... :-( Let's hope it supports audiobus though. :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Maybe something like a Kore Touch App for controlling all NI plugins?!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”