Can some top designers please do some banks for KHS ONE?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote:
the pro guys always release banks to cover all versions..
they also take much longer to make them and charge big bucks :wink: Good luck getting any 'pros' making a bank for this synth.

Kriminal wrote:
TheoM wrote:
the pro guys always release banks to cover all versions..
they also take much longer to make them and charge big bucks :wink: Good luck getting any 'pros' making a bank for this synth.
I wonder how many "Pros" there actually are in the world. I mean people who make their living solely from creating synthesizer patches....I would wager a bet the number is pretty small. Other than that definition of the term Pro if you consider anyone offering a soundbank for sale a Pro then there must be.......

tens of thousands.......... :hihi:

Anyway back on topic and since we have the ear of the developer here....Aftertouch support would be welcome........ :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This might not be the perfect solution on the AU problem, but here's a little script for converting kHS ONE's .fxp files into .aupreset. It's available here. It does, however, require Python.

Note that this is not something we'll officially support and will take no responsibility for it, it's just something I whipped up now to help out. :)
kiloHearts Developer

Dentoid wrote:This might not be the perfect solution on the AU problem, but here's a little script for converting kHS ONE's .fxp files into .aupreset. It's available here. It does, however, require Python.

Note that this is not something we'll officially support and will take no responsibility for it, it's just something I whipped up now to help out. :)
Do you think you could offer a conversion service for now? People send you their .fxp's and you convert them to au format ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Do you think you could offer a conversion service for now? People send you their .fxp's and you convert them to au format ? :)
Haha, maybe not... But if a FXB bank turns up that we choose to run on our page, we'll definitely make sure it's available for download in all formats!
kiloHearts Developer

Teksonik wrote:
TheoM wrote:the pro guys always release banks to cover all versions..
I guess that's why the "Pro" guys charge for their work...........
well have always considered you in that group and am really bummed am not able to test your patches right now :(

oh well!

Dentoid wrote:We can definitely host a community bank on our site, if it turns out interesting. A lot of what I've heard so far in this thread has sounded great. (Especially liked the bass bank. :) )
As you (hopefully) have noticed there are two extra banks on the product page, and these also have demo tracks in the playlist.

About AU bank loading, we tried to make the VST and AU versions handle presets as much as the two systems "were meant to work". AUs do not really have a concept of banks the same way VSTs do, and adding banks works someone strangely together with AU presets. In retrospect, this may or may not have been a good idea, and a lot of other plugs do their own bank handling either totally overriding the existing system or working together with it in different ways, each way with its own pros and cons.

That being said, if you (especially TheoM then) are interested I can look into a workaround for converting between the FXB and AUPresets.
Of course i am interested, but you are right, either you use the synths own system like say vanguard, or you keep compatibility with logic's au browser... it is either/or unfortunately.

The only way in this case is to provide au presets like you have for the banks on your site. Hopefully you consider some of these good enough to put there.

Dentoid wrote:Haha, maybe not...
Did someone make a joke ? Maybe not........why not? If someone takes the time to create some free patches for your synth you can't take 30 seconds and convert them? At least do it as a favor for Theo since his thread has generated a least a couple of sales for you.........

Perhaps I was wrong about Kilo Hearts as a company..........

TheoM wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
TheoM wrote:the pro guys always release banks to cover all versions..
I guess that's why the "Pro" guys charge for their work...........
well have always considered you in that group and am really bummed am not able to test your patches right now :(

oh well!
Well thank you very much for the compliment. I wish you could test them as well. I don't think they are better than the ones available from the Kilo Hearts site but I do think some of them are different enough from what's available that they could be useful to someone.......:shrug:

Teksonik wrote:
Did someone make a joke ? Maybe not........why not? If someone takes the time to create some free patches for your synth you can't take 30 seconds and convert them? At least do it as a favor for Theo since his thread has generated a least a couple of sales for you.........

Yeah i kind of didn't get that reply as well, after all the good words the synth got here..

I was a bit disappointed tbh :(

Just hope it was a misunderstanding

Teksonik wrote:

Oh sorry, I guess that came across totally different than what I meant and I probably misunderstood you as well.
What I meant was that we cannot provide a continuous generic on demand conversion service for presets. We can however like I mentioned absolutely convert stuff in bulk when publishing stuff on our site, and I can definitely convert the FXPs you submitted! Give me a sec. :)
kiloHearts Developer

kiloHearts Developer

Dentoid wrote: Oh sorry, I guess that came across totally different than what I meant and I probably misunderstood you as well.
Ok I apologize as well......I took it the wrong way. I was more referring to converting any patches that might come as a result of this thread. If everybody who expressed interest in contributing patches here does so we should have enough for a full bank that would probably make a very nice addition to the couple already available on your site..... :)

Dentoid wrote:Here you go...

Cheers :)
Thanks. :) Theo let me know if you like them. I plan to do more if there is any interest.....

Thanks Dentoid, and once again Tek, am going to tey them all RIGHT NOW!

cheers, brb

Return to “Soundware”