new audiobus ready apps released- Listing Here

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Meteor.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Dm1 drum machine :)

BMoore wrote:Meteor.
Aboyes wrote:Dm1 drum machine :)
Best. News. Ever.

Now all I need is an iPad that can support Audiobus. I'm weeping as I write this.

Great news indeed! However....

I'm still waiting for a decent multisampling app. Beatmaker has probably the best available multisampling app (for traditional sampling). Yes, with Samplr, there are great sample-mangling capabilities, but we really truly lack a true traditional sampler for the iOS platform. Samplewiz wouldn't be too bad, but then again, no audiobus--I'm not buying anything anymore that doesn't have audiobus built in. A true sampler--this is what I'm waiting for...

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

4Pocket's sampler in Synergy/Meteor is pretty good. But until they get Synergy on the 'bus, it's not something you can record into other apps.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

DrApostropheX wrote:4Pocket's sampler in Synergy/Meteor is pretty good. But until they get Synergy on the 'bus, it's not something you can record into other apps.
Yeah, I picked up Meteor on Saturday, but haven't had a chance to try Audiobus with it. I did look at the sampler built in, but it still looks like Beatmaker's sampler may be better. I'm not sure yet though, because I haven't done an actual comparison. Either way though, it's a lot of overhead to load an entire app like Beatmaker 2 or Meteor just for a sampler patch (unless, of course you are using Beatmaker 2 or Meteor as your primary DAW (which may be the case for me--I've got an iPad 2).

Is the sampler in Meteor and Synergy the same?

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I think they're the same sampler (in Meteor and Synergy). They sure look the same (as does the synth and the drum sampler). I agree that it's a lot of overhead to load up a whole DAW app just for the sampler.. I also agree that BeatMaker has a great sampler, too. iSequence HD also has a pretty good sampler, but you don't really get away from the whole "loading up a DAW to play a sampler" issue.

If you don't mind making your own SF2 instruments on your PC, then Bismark BS-16i could be a good choice for a sampler instrument.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

DrApostropheX wrote:I think they're the same sampler (in Meteor and Synergy). They sure look the same (as does the synth and the drum sampler). I agree that it's a lot of overhead to load up a whole DAW app just for the sampler.. I also agree that BeatMaker has a great sampler, too. iSequence HD also has a pretty good sampler, but you don't really get away from the whole "loading up a DAW to play a sampler" issue.

If you don't mind making your own SF2 instruments on your PC, then Bismark BS-16i could be a good choice for a sampler instrument.
I actually have it, and I'm waiting for it to get Audiobus. The developer has said that he wanted to include it for the holidays, so it is more than likely a matter of "when" rather than "if" it gets implemented. This is what has made me interested in Soundfonts again. I've had some great soundfont libraries that have been sitting around, and now I intend to use them. :-) I'm just surprised that no one has created a decent stand-alone audiobus enabled sampler! It is really a needed app! :o :(

--Sean

Happy days auria is added to the list :D

lonewolf wrote:Happy days auria is added to the list :D
I think that's going to drive me to purchase Auria....
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Happy days auria is added to the list :D
I think that's going to drive me to purchase Auria....
& once u do, those Fabfilter plugs are gona be mighty tempting.. ;)

I hear ya ive already planned on spending a shed load on them fabfilter plugs and the micro warmer and probably be spending on some more as I know my will power is not going to stand up to it lol

I think it's going to be a must now. Not just Audiobus enable, but I have an Apogee Jam interface and my Arturia Minibrute just arrived yesterday which has a single 1/4 " out to plug into Apogee Jam. I think I'll put some true analog tracks on my ipad along with all those beautiful iOS synths. Oh boy, times are good for musicians!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:I think it's going to be a must now. Not just Audiobus enable, but I have an Apogee Jam interface and my Arturia Minibrute just arrived yesterday which has a single 1/4 " out to plug into Apogee Jam. I think I'll put some true analog tracks on my ipad along with all those beautiful iOS synths. Oh boy, times are good for musicians!
Sounds really nice! I was playing with my Roland JV-1010 with my iPad the other night. I was using TB MIDI Stuff as a controller and listening and comparing my iPad synths against the Roland synth to see how the sounds compare quality-wise. We've come a long way on the iPad!

--Sean

I have to say though, that although I have Auria, I may have to mothball it until I get a more powerful iPad. I got Meteor just before it got Audiobus, and I'm really happy with it! What will be interesting though, will be to see how everything runs on my iPad 2 with the 10ms latency rather than 5ms latency when the new Audiobus update comes out. I think it's a good idea for those of us with older systems. It might just be what I need. :-)

--Sean

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”