Tracktion's future...?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bungle wrote:I have heard a hint elsewhere that this is just Loud moving assets around, they have moved the Tracktion name away from the Mackie name because of the bad reputation that was built, but it is all still the same company dealing with it, So good luck and i am no longer interested if that is the case, Mackie by any name is no go for me ;)
I've thought the same myself, but I'm keeping an open mind until something concrete is known. I guess we'll probably find out most/all by this weekend.

All I've ever wanted is for T to get some support and attention. I don't care if it's owned by Beatrice Foods, Inc., so long as it gets some love. The fact that the attention is coming directly from Jules the MaingMang himself seals the deal.

I am WAY more interested in enjoying Tracktion than I am in somehow punishing Mackie for dropping T a while back.

Principles be damned. Just give us some Tracktion!
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

skipkent wrote:somehow punishing Mackie
In your world a public apology is a punishment?

If Jules is in, i am in. I just want T back with some love.
Buy Darling Sister's new album "Rise and fall" now! Just send a pm or an email. Visit our myspace page on www.myspace.com/darlingsister for songsamples.

skipkent wrote:All I've ever wanted is for T to get some support and attention. I don't care if it's owned by Beatrice Foods, Inc., so long as it gets some love. The fact that the attention is coming directly from Jules the MaingMang himself seals the deal.

I am WAY more interested in enjoying Tracktion than I am in somehow punishing Mackie for dropping T a while back.

Principles be damned. Just give us some Tracktion!

+1

In my world, Tracktion is Love!

More seriously, what I was referring to when I said 'punishment' was the idea of refusing to buy into the new product if it turns out to be owned by Mackie. It was a reference to the quote from Bungle a few posts back. I respect his opinion completely, I just don't share it.

Apologies are nice too, but unless they arrive with bugfixes, a new feature or two and at least a small pile of swoopy arrows, I probably won't pay them that much attention should they occur.

;)
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent

Oh no no no, if you check my posts about Mackie when they bought T, I warned everybody not to touch them then, they are not a good company ;)

Didn't mean it to come across as punishment, I just wont ever buy Mackie again (Wouldn't back then and wont now)
Last edited by bungle on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duh

Maybe this belongs in the "Tracktion 4 - a new fear" thread, but IIRC, Jules's post on the JUCE forums said he would have some more time after the project he was involved in debuts at NAMM. To me, this strongly hints that he was brought in by MackieLoudTech/TracktionSoftwareCo as a consultant, bring the code up to scratch, add some Tracktion Mojo,etc. I'm not sure it means Jules is back for good (apologies for the horrible Take That reference).

NMG
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

bungle wrote:Oh no no no, if you check my posts about Mackie when they bought T, I warned everybody not to touch them then, they are not a good company ;)

Didn't mean it to come across as punishment, I just wont ever buy Mackie again (Wouldn't back then and wont now)
Hell I was almost banned back then for trying to convey across the idea that a "box only" was a shot in the T foot and ppl should be allowed to buy the download version of T2 without all the extras.

Unfortunately things went the way they did :?
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Mackies' forum is down due to implementation of a new and improved one. Maybe tied in to whats going on ? Who knows. Hopefully by the end of the week we will know and have new software to play with :)

GermanFafian wrote: Hell I was almost banned back then for trying to convey across the idea that a "box only" was a shot in the T foot and ppl should be allowed to buy the download version of T2 without all the extras.

Unfortunately things went the way they did :?
I don't remember those conversations, but I do remember the outcome...we were allowed to buy a "download only" upgrade to T2 for around $20-$30.
That's what I did. At the time I remember thinking that was pretty generous. Shortly after, "generous" was not the word I was thinking of when I realized I would be stuck with the vst click-thru bug until T3 came out! :x

Hey guys - here's some hints....

Mackie + Tracktion is no more

Jules is not a consultant - Jules IS Tracktion

Long live Tracktion
Tracktion Software Corporation

bk wrote:Shortly after, "generous" was not the word I was thinking of when I realized I would
be stuck with the vst click-thru bug until T3 came out! :x
I used to consider it the: 'Well, do you feel lucky, punk' bug. Sometimes, I did. :hihi:
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

TSC wrote:Hey guys - here's some hints....

Jules is not a consultant - Jules IS Tracktion

Long live Tracktion
Whoah!!! Those aren't hints! Those are declarations of joy and thousands of groundhogs doing the happy dance across the keyboards of the internet.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

TSC wrote:Hey guys - here's some hints....

Great news ! :shock:
TSC wrote:Jules is not a consultant - Jules IS Tracktion

Long live Tracktion

Indeed! :hail:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Return to “Tracktion”