ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

Sampleconstruct wrote:[
and more btw: I just uploaded a folder with 16 presets for ValhallaVintageVerb. You will find it towards the bottom of this page.
I heard from a beta tester this morning, who installed the latest beta of ValhallaVintageVerb and had previously installed Simon's presets. The beta tester said that the Designer presets were untouched by installing the update.

So, get on over to Patchpool and get those presets! I haven't known Sampleconstruct to do anything that isn't f***ing amazing.

Sean Costello

mandolarian wrote:It seems to me though, ITB, we crave better than just 'real' reality. We strive for transcendent perception-warping verbs of sensual captivation that swing their illusory tails from the future past while exquisitely modulating into the now. Encompassing our sounds and words with the impossibility of being an illusion of a wider truth, a deeper rush of time and lush places, that feel more vividly real and complete than the dry reality we put on the timeline when we started the project. It's why I turn to algorithmic verbs, and Valhalla in particular, when 'reality' alone just isn't enough.
"It's part of a trilogy I'm working on..."
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Sean, love your work, love your plugins (I have them all), so please don't take the following as a criticism, but as a suggestion: I really like the way you've organized the presets in VVV; are you planning on standardizing preset organization across all of your plugins the same way, including preset location and copy/paste functionality? Thanks!

Breeze wrote:Sean, love your work, love your plugins (I have them all), so please don't take the following as a criticism, but as a suggestion: I really like the way you've organized the presets in VVV; are you planning on standardizing preset organization across all of your plugins the same way, including preset location and copy/paste functionality? Thanks!
I'll look into it. The standardization would have to happen in a way that doesn't cause troubles, and this might be difficult when moving files around on OSX via installer scripts. In other words, updating ValhallaRoom (say) to use the new preset organization scheme would require me to write an installer script that moves the presets from the old location to the new one, and I don't have a lot of faith in these installer scripts working with OSX 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.

Sean Costello

I have a new beta release (as of last night) available for ValhallaVintageVerb, for OSX and Windows. The previous beta was last stable than the release version, but this allowed me to track down what was causing some of the issues users were seeing. The new version is looking far more stable than the current release version, so if any existing users of the paid plugin want to try a beta, just send me an email, or PM me with your email address.

Sean Costello

I've been away from the thread for a bit and didn't see this mentioned yet.
We had Sean on The Home Recording Show last week. Listen here
As always, the discussion strayed into off-topic and downright weird territory for most of the interview.
Anyway, it was fun for us and you guys might enjoy it too.
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

made with Padshop (Cosmic presets by patchpool)

Reverb is Valhallareverb
Izotope Trash2
Phaser & Chorus by Meldaproduction

https://soundcloud.com/lxegs/cosmic

lxegs wrote:made with Padshop (Cosmic presets by patchpool)

Reverb is Valhallareverb
Izotope Trash2
Phaser & Chorus by Meldaproduction

https://soundcloud.com/lxegs/cosmic
If you remove the "s" from https:// the player will appear in your post.

http://soundcloud.com/lxegs/cosmic

Lovely ambient stuff!
:hug:

thanks for the tip, i was searching why i haven't got the player :wink:

My god, I want to get a Valhalla verb, but I can't decide which one! I'm drawn to VintageVerb for its obvious inspirational pedigree...what's the best one for all-around, day-to-day mixing?

If you're drawn to the TripleVee, then it's meant to be. Don't fight it, just get it. If you're mixing day-2-day, you poor thing, it's a great first step into the wholly trinity (+1) of the halls and bowels of Valhalla.

VRoom is great for dialog in post, since it's the realest of the fakery. As well, it's great with that tonal-based stuff they call music.

Shimmer is a pitch-shiftery-shim-shim-shimmering-ethery trip through the ambio-phonical. Ok, it's the 'Art' verb.

UberMod is where 'art' meets three billion over-stimulated parameters of uber-motivated mayhem, spinning flanges round the sonic frontier at over tapped terminal velocity until it distorts the limits of perceptually regenerated uberness. It's also capable of very creative verb effects.

Uh...maybe better to just try the demos. :D

Eventually, only one thing is certain: You must own them all!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:If you're drawn to the TripleVee, then it's meant to be. Don't fight it, just get it. If you're mixing day-2-day, you poor thing, it's a great first step into the wholly trinity (+1) of the halls and bowels of Valhalla.

VRoom is great for dialog in post, since it's the realest of the fakery. As well, it's great with that tonal-based stuff they call music.

Shimmer is a pitch-shiftery-shim-shim-shimmering-ethery trip through the ambio-phonical. Ok, it's the 'Art' verb.

UberMod is where 'art' meets three billion over-stimulated parameters of uber-motivated mayhem, spinning flanges round the sonic frontier at over tapped terminal velocity until it distorts the limits of perceptually regenerated uberness. It's also capable of very creative verb effects.

I suspected as much! Thanks for the breakdown, mando. :D

I gotta try Shimmer again...I've been looking for a replacement for ArtsAcoustic Reverb, and Eos is close, but...

mandolarian wrote:If you're drawn to the TripleVee, then it's meant to be. Don't fight it, just get it. If you're mixing day-2-day, you poor thing, it's a great first step into the wholly trinity (+1) of the halls and bowels of Valhalla.

EXCELLENT POST, especially the remark about VVRoom!!

An other one using two patches from cosmic pro :

mars meditation split & fast triplet scanner

effects used : vintage valhalla reverb, loomer shit, eurydice

http://soundcloud.com/lxegs/cosmic-2

Return to “Effects”