B.A.TECH. Master Eq Pack Released! Demo Version Inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DELETED

No,i don't think so it's about my system.I'm using Google Chrome without any "personal" setting.Everything is defult.

Paid 10$ and waited untill the download happeneed automatically. Have to say that I am somewhat stumped by this EQ its workflow is upside down approach like the push and pull of bandwidths togethere but the sound and clarity of it I ahve yet to Think Upon? I cant decide if its actually really very good because it certainly sounds it on the drums and master Buss after you find out how to operate it...Had to rely on Ears only and turn this and turn that till I got what I wanted, Could really do with a dual link button and how do I get future updates if they happen, overall I think its quite Good, especially for $10

X2 wrote:it certainly sounds it on the drums and master Buss after you find out how to operate it...

Actually i I would recommend using it with VST analyzer to understand its
operation.

So BATech.... I donated & got the Master pack. I've worked in several studio's using the harware Manley Massive Passive on several occasions. To say it's a extraordinary piece of gear is an understatement. Of course I didn't at all expect your emulation to sound a like that. I still have yet to hear any plugin TRULY re-create the sonic qualities of a good piece of hardware. That goes for the UAD as well. Although amazing sounding it still doesn't quite get it. That being said, first off your GUI's are truly stunning. Very different looking from other developer's & I like that. Of course the ONLY thing that matters in the end of the day is, "How does it sound?" I'm really enjoying it. Has a few of the same characteristics as the actual unit. We are limited a bit in the digital realm until technology catches up with analog gear & I understand that. Well done though, and for $10. Hey, I can't complain about that. The problem I'm having though is with the switches. The cut, boost, & power switches aren't working & I may be wrong but I believe I saw a post recently where someone had the same issue. If I really play with it occasionally I can get them to work, but it takes awhile. Also, if I can get them to "visibly" move they don't function for the selected option. For example, a switch might be in the cut position but it's actually boosting. Is there a fix to this?

Yeah, i noticed it also. The GUI is a mess, lots of bugs. The sound is quite ok. :)

The cut, boost, & power switches aren't working
You need to drag switches.They don't auto.No just click.
For example, a switch might be in the cut position but it's actually boosting
First i recommend to using VST plugin analyzer.Cause everything about "Q" setting.When you use analyzer,you will see.

Even i can show with graph;

You now,this eq cuts when you boost.If you analysis,you will understand.

B.A.Tech. wrote:
First i recommend to using VST plugin analyzer.Cause everything about "Q" setting.When you use analyzer,you will see.

I tried the demo and I think he's talking about the 220-10k peaking filter, when it's in the boost position it cuts and in the cut position it boosts. The GUI is beyond unresponsive, the knobs and switches makes all graphics in reaper freeze when you change their value (also seems to increase cpu usage of the plugin dramatically for no discernible reason). Also if you click on any control in this plugin it goes behind other fx windows within Reaper (32bit v4.32) which is very annoying (you can't see what you're doing if you are floating other plugins).
The way to toggle the switches is inverted, you have to move your mouse up to toggle the knob to its down position (is it just me or shouldn't it be the other way around?) and the distance you have to drag it is way too long in my opinion. I think a simple click to toggle would be the best solution.

Now this part is just nitpicking but I believe your plugin would benefit from being on by default when you boot them up. Having to switch them on (especially with the currently crippled response of the switches) is just tedious and unnecessary.

Now that I'm finally done complaining about the unresponsive controls I'll take a moment and talk about the sound. This plug actually sounds quite good, I've never used a massive passive but the filters sound nice and well designed. It's a pity that the ui is so unresponsive and buggy, don't get me wrong it looks and sounds good, but it's just useless for me since it would only cripple my workflow in its current state. I'm gonna have to pass for now, perhaps if you update it down the line I might give it another shot.

maurone dj wrote:BA, did you released your old collection for free? Where are those?
???
God save the Groove!

maurone dj wrote:
maurone dj wrote:BA, did you released your old collection for free? Where are those?
???
Those ones are beta versions.

icantdub wrote:
B.A.Tech. wrote:

I tried the demo and I think he's talking about the 220-10k peaking filter, when it's in the boost position it cuts and in the cut position it boosts. The GUI is beyond unresponsive, the knobs and switches makes all graphics in reaper freeze when you change their value (also seems to increase cpu usage of the plugin dramatically for no discernible reason). Also if you click on any control in this plugin it goes behind other fx windows within Reaper (32bit v4.32) which is very annoying (you can't see what you're doing if you are floating other plugins).
The way to toggle the switches is inverted, you have to move your mouse up to toggle the knob to its down position (is it just me or shouldn't it be the other way around?) and the distance you have to drag it is way too long in my opinion. I think a simple click to toggle would be the best solution.

Now this part is just nitpicking but I believe your plugin would benefit from being on by default when you boot them up. Having to switch them on (especially with the currently crippled response of the switches) is just tedious and unnecessary.

Now that I'm finally done complaining about the unresponsive controls I'll take a moment and talk about the sound. This plug actually sounds quite good, I've never used a massive passive but the filters sound nice and well designed. It's a pity that the ui is so unresponsive and buggy, don't get me wrong it looks and sounds good, but it's just useless for me since it would only cripple my workflow in its current state. I'm gonna have to pass for now, perhaps if you update it down the line I might give it another shot.
:)

Exactly. Thank you! It doesn't freeze in Cubase SX3 but the switches are virtually unresponsive. Occasionally I can get them to respond but it takes way longer than I have time for. Just too busy mixing projects with deadlines.

B.A.Tech. wrote:

First i recommend to using VST plugin analyzer.Cause everything about "Q" setting.When you use analyzer,you will see

BA.... I apologize if I wasn't clear & I don't mean to sound like a smart*ss, but I'm quite familiar with the hardware & how the gain knobs work. Like ICANTDUB said, the sound is really quite nice but the GUI has some serious issues. I tried it at another studio I work out of today on Sonar Producer 8 or whatever version they have AND an older version of Sonar & got the exact same result. I know it's a bug b/c the other gain knobs work as they should, but the 220 to 10k filter does the opposite of what it should do. When the switch is in the cut position & you turn the gain up it should cut or decrease the selected frequencies. Instead it boosts them. When it's in the boost position, turning the gain knob up should boost those frequencies. Instead it cuts. As for the switches I have a ton of plugs so I know how to drag switches & I'm telling you. These are not working well at all. Honestly just trying to help & would love to have a fully operational version of these plugs. Oh, the stereo version is the one I tested the most. Best of luck. HEY.... B-CHANNEL. I have money ready to donate.[/u]

Cant find a link anywhere in this thread or the website :?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I know it's a bug b/c the other gain knobs work as they should, but the 220 to 10k filter does the opposite of what it should do. When the switch is in the cut position & you turn the gain up it should cut or decrease the selected frequencies
Did you look with VST plugin analyzer?

I looked and there is no problem.Everything about "Q" knob.If you turn Q knob to full left,you will see it doesn't do the opposite.

BTW i will release B-Channel but not single.I will release with Channel Pack.There will be Trident "like" Channel EQ,one channel compressor and B-Channel.

B.A.Tech. wrote:
I know it's a bug b/c the other gain knobs work as they should, but the 220 to 10k filter does the opposite of what it should do. When the switch is in the cut position & you turn the gain up it should cut or decrease the selected frequencies
Did you look with VST plugin analyzer?

I looked and there is no problem.Everything about "Q" knob.If you turn Q knob to full left,you will see it doesn't do the opposite.
Odd, I downloaded the demo a second time just to check, seems I was wrong, it does indeed behave very differently depending on Q value when in shelf mode. The bell mode boosts when in boost and cuts in cut. Would be great if you could get someone to write some manuals for these.
B.A.Tech. wrote: BTW i will release B-Channel but not single.I will release with Channel Pack.There will be Trident "like" Channel EQ,one channel compressor and B-Channel.
How about you fix the GUI bugs in your current shareware products before making yet another release? :) Or could you address or at least acknowledge the feedback that I gave you in my post?

Return to “Effects”