VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any specific synth or free choice?

I don't care too much.

Some ideas, anyway.

We could use just one synth by voting.
We could use one synth freely, but only one.
We could use everything we want freely.
We could use only one synth but only using CM effects. A truly CM OSC.

What do you think, buddies?

I'm even thinking if someone could send a mail to Computer Music press to know about this, maybe they would dedicate a few lines about our OSC. That would be amazing.

Have a nice day :)

V'ger wrote:With Computer Music Magazine (CM) now to be had for free with the Zinio $50 voucher, maybe it's time to finally do a CM competition?

Since the offer ends 31st January, we could have it for February.

Question is if we should decide on a specific CM synth from the latest issue, or just say any synth from the latest issue. What do you think?

I believe the latest issue is February (as it's sold in advance), and not sure exactly which synths are in it, but I think these:

XILS-lab PolyKB II CM
u-he Zebra CM
Synapse Audio Plucked String
Synapse Audio Dune CM
Rob Papen RG-Muted CM
LinPlug AlphaCM
Cableguys CurveCM
Big Tick RhinoCM
The idea is great, can make some PR for the OSC. And you are right: all synth on february 2013:)
But please: not anyone from the last issue, cause i.E. the DuneCM is a synth we used in the OSC.

I prefer the Big Tick RhinoCM.
Last edited by kraftraum on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

IrionDaRonin wrote:I don't care too much.

We could use just one synth by voting.
We could use one synth freely, but only one.
We could use everything we want freely.
We could use only one synth but only using CM effects. A truly CM OSC.

What do you think, buddies?

I'm even thinking if someone could send a mail to Computer Music press to know about this, maybe they would dedicate a few lines about our OSC. That would be amazing.

PR for the OSC will be good :)

Have also a great day ;)
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

I see the appeal for a "anything on the disc" - but that seems to take the "challenge" out of the "One Synth Challenge".. also the "one synth" out of the "one synth challenge".

My vote is for CurveCM. I haven't played with anything extensively but so far that's my favorite thing on there.

What I meant was actually any ONE synth from the CM, should have made that more clear.

Agree with CurveCM, seems the obvious choice if it should be a fixed synth.

I played wıth various incarnations of Curve in the past, and just tried out CurveCM too. The concept is really nice in theory, but I've never been excited with the sounds that come out of it. It is hard to describe, they feel too one-dimensional or something.

Of course, if any group of musicians can prove me wrong and come up with amazing sounds from it, it is you guys :)

In any case I am not likely to participate this month or the next, due to an intense work schedule.

That leaves RhinoCM then?

V'ger wrote:With Computer Music Magazine (CM) now to be had for free with the Zinio $50 voucher, maybe it's time to finally do a CM competition?

Since the offer ends 31st January, we could have it for February.

Question is if we should decide on a specific CM synth from the latest issue, or just say any synth from the latest issue. What do you think?

I believe the latest issue is February (as it's sold in advance), and not sure exactly which synths are in it, but I think these:

XILS-lab PolyKB II CM
u-he Zebra CM
Synapse Audio Plucked String
Synapse Audio Dune CM
Rob Papen RG-Muted CM
LinPlug AlphaCM
Cableguys CurveCM
Big Tick RhinoCM
The next issue should be published on Jan 30 if I am right - and Curve 2 CM is on it. Would love to hand over the Cableguys Bundle to the winner if you decide to go with Curve 2 CM.

V'ger wrote:That leaves RhinoCM then?
I'd say put it to a vote. Like I said I probably won't even be able to participate, so don't eliminate anything because of my comments :)

Great offer, thanks Jakob. Will definitely consider that if there's a Curve CM update to version 2 and the release is Jan 30. like you say.

Unlikely I'll have time to participate again this month but just wanted to say that new edition of CM arrived in post today and Curve 2 CM is indeed on the DVD

Jon

Doc Jon wrote:Unlikely I'll have time to participate again this month but just wanted to say that new edition of CM arrived in post today and Curve 2 CM is indeed on the DVD

Jon
I just downloaded the February issue with the Zinio voucher. I see the Curve 1.4.1 version in the ZIP-file. Is there a big difference to version 2 if we use this synth?
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

photonic wrote:
Doc Jon wrote:Unlikely I'll have time to participate again this month but just wanted to say that new edition of CM arrived in post today and Curve 2 CM is indeed on the DVD

Jon
I just downloaded the February issue with the Zinio voucher. I see the Curve 1.4.1 version in the ZIP-file. Is there a big difference to version 2 if we use this synth?
Yes, there's a difference like night and day between version 1.4.1 and 2. But you can start with version 1 and load all your sets with version 2 later (only modwheel and aftertouch routings might behave slightly differently).

Curve 2 adds a second waveform for the first OSC with automatable crossfade, drawable envelopes, flexible filter routing, unison mode, macros and many new sounds.

A screenshot for you:

Don't miss this thing, guys.

Einklang LE and Aalto Solo.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5225007

Return to “Instruments”