New user here - Sync Modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i am a new user :-)

I use my pc to compose music.
For the most of time i use a dedicated pc with a custom/optimized installation of Windows XP, but since some months, for live music i use Haiku OS. For those who remember BeOS, Haiku could be his grandson :-D

I have discover Sync Modular some time ago with BeOS, and now i use it, with successfull on Haiku! The only fact is that i have the 2.08 version, and years ago, on the website of Dr Sync, there was also available the latest version: 2.21, which corrects some bugfixes in BeOS version too, like, for example, the importing of some ensamble patch. So, currently the 2.08 version isn't capable to load most of instruments downloaded from internet.. The answer is: someone has available Sync Modular 2.21 for BeOS?

Thanks in advance.

Back in the '00s not many SynCModular users were on BeOS, and if it was not part of the final freeware package it may be tough tracking it down. I assume you've already tried to Google it down.

Your problem may lie in the basic initial "Wave In" module which was part of a more recent rev. than your 2.08., but I had no problem porting my old ensembles over when the switchover occured.

Which ensembles will not load?

You are looking for rev. 2.21b.

I've solved with a deep search on internet!
http://web.archive.org/web/201110090232 ... 1b_x86.zip :-)

This 2.21b (b means "BeOS" version) solve an issue with instruments import.. Now works like a charme, on Haiku OS!
In anyway, thank you very much for your interest, SODDI!

Hi!
How much latency has the audio driver in haiku?
BeOS ran pretty fast on an old P3/700 but that happened some decades back.
Sorry if the thread is dead...

Return to “Modular Synthesis”