Transistor Chill

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

An easy down-tempo-break-dance-chromeo-muzak tuna.... is what it is. :hihi:

Getting those glitch plugins into my tunes when they have become passé. Or is it not too late yet? :hihi:

Oh yeah, there is an Oberheim OBXa in there, but I'm not saying where. :D

Transistor Chill

Comments and feedback is very welcome.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

:love: Love it! This has to go on your album. Hint. Hint. :wink:

It starts off in old skool electro land with a great groove and sounds. My wife started dancing when she heard it. The vocoded (?) bass is fantastic.

At the one minute mark, it transitions into an elegant section with a nice riff sort of similar to Beethoven's Fifth.

After two pleasant reprisals of the electro and elegant sections, it's time for the big payoff starting at 3:30 - a simply gorgeous solo both melodically and sound wise. For the last 45 seconds, Himalaya pulls out all the stops. Put on your headphones to appreciate it. A second solo in the left channel, sequencing in the right, vocoding, etc. A real synth treat.

I really liked the foamy, gurgly bass lead you have going there. And all the track is cute, and happy, and makes me giggle :hihi:

Glitchy but tasteful, warm stabs, delicious bass. Then the mouth watering solos are the cherry on top.
It's really worth it to play it 3 or 4 times to capture all the changes.
Absolutely amazing!
... do you have more? :)

Oh yes, and there's that album we've been drooling over ;)

This was a lovely combination of sweet synths and chilled-out melody and chords. The lead-solo synth sounds really good (again), and all of the accompaniments tick the right boxes too. This is really well assembled.

Good work :)

FrantzM wrote::love: Love it! This has to go on your album. Hint. Hint. :wink:
Thanks for the vote of confidence! :D
The vocoded (?) bass is fantastic.
Thanks. That was an Amber sound sent into a vocoder (Warmverb) with tuned vocoder notes via automation.
At the one minute mark, it transitions into an elegant section with a nice riff sort of similar to Beethoven's Fifth.
Just as well not Mozart's "Eine kleine Nachtmusik" :hihi:
A real synth treat.

Thanks. I'm happy you liked it. :-)
DramaNoMore wrote: And all the track is cute, and happy, and makes me giggle :hihi:
:D

Mariosprt wrote: Absolutely amazing!
... do you have more? :)

Oh yes, and there's that album we've been drooling over ;)
Thanks man. Shall I stick more on that album then? :D
seismic1 wrote:This was a lovely combination of sweet synths and chilled-out melody and chords.
We all need more sweet synths in our lives. :D
I want to take a cue from your video - having been inspired by it - and make my own for this track. I'm thinking of doing a slow break dance routine for this one. :-o :hihi: (ain't gonna happen)

Your music sounds so loud and so clear! Everything about this track sounds like it was made in some other, cooler world.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Yes, it's a really authentic sounding track ... 30 years ago today ;)

Lovely work as always himalaya!

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Moe Shinola wrote:Your music sounds so loud and so clear!
I was wondering about that, actually...I thought that I've been overcooking most of my music tracks lately... Basically I've glued an elephant on my ...er...I've used Cytomic's The Glue and Voxengo's Elephant. :D The Glue is used all over single tracks and the master buss.
Moe Shinola wrote: Everything about this track sounds like it was made in some other, cooler world.
Thank you. That's a very nice comment. Never had someone say that before. :)

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Yes, it's a really authentic sounding track ... 30 years ago today ;)

Lovely work as always himalaya!

Peace,
Andy.
Thanks Andy. I do aim for that vintage vibe on purpose on some of these tracks, although using glitch plug-ins and strong formant leads wasn't in vogue 30 years ago! :D

himalaya wrote:although using glitch plug-ins and strong formant leads wasn't in vogue 30 years ago!
Time for a new genre! :cool:

What will they say in another 30 years? These space-banjos don't really work with that vintage-glitch-pop sound.
... space is the place ...

himalaya wrote: I want to take a cue from your video - having been inspired by it - and make my own for this track. I'm thinking of doing a slow break dance routine for this one. :-o :hihi: (ain't gonna happen)
There's nothing to it. Just film yourself at normal speed and then slow it down on playback :lol:

Chromeo... or the Norwegian Chromeo that is Erlend & Steinjo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3KBybXK118

^^^There's your break dance stuff :hihi:

But seriously, they are talented. If anyone has not heard of these guys before, check them out. Cheesy parody type stuff but they write some really good catchy synth based pop.

Himalaya wrote:
I was wondering about that, actually...I thought that I've been overcooking most of my music tracks lately... Basically I've glued an elephant on my ...er...I've used Cytomic's The Glue and Voxengo's Elephant. :D The Glue is used all over single tracks and the master buss.
I was hoping to learn more about that. I should invest in those.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

himalaya wrote:An easy down-tempo-break-dance-chromeo-muzak tuna.... is what it is. :hihi:
Yes, it is what it is: absolutely great! It's playing here in a loop for half an hour now. One of the best I've heard here at KVR since a long time. Of course it's also a matter of personal taste and it tastes like more! I'm looking forward to your upcomming album. :)
himalaya wrote:Oh yeah, there is an Oberheim OBXa in there, but I'm not saying where. :D
What other instruments did you use? Mostly soft synths or did a fair amount of hardware sneak into this wonderful track? Is Synth Squad incorporated?
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Return to “Music Cafe”