What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Swollen (ElectroProg - Seismic Elbow Lamentation - Now with Video)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD
 
8175 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Another fan of the basses here. And a general thumbs up. Thanks, seismic1.
himalaya
KVRAF
 
3945 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm

This is a perfect driving track, which is just as well I chose to listen to it by watching the YT video.

I liked the variety in the composition which kept the pace and interest with twists and turns. Nicely done.

The mix of heavy overdriven sounds and light airy arpeggios is expertly done. For example from 2:55 to 3:10, that's a very cool contrast.

Some very striking visuals in the video, which overall are simple (but effective) and yet in places very psychedelic (from 4:07 and 5:35 <-- :love: ).

I did wish for a night time drive scene as well. This tracks has a certain dark menacing mood which would go perfectly with city lights at night (sent thorough some SFX of course). Come on! Have another drive through your town at night, you know you want to! :D
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
6545 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:12 pm

debra1rlo wrote:mad bassness! :o great mix of textures and morphing and the basses were a nice touch, really propelled everything nicely imo. stayed interesting throughout and of course well mexied and recorded - keeper! :tu:

the vid had some trippy visuals that teamed together nicely with piece. well done on all fronts. :)


Thanks very much for taking the time to check this out and for commenting. Glad you liked it :)

I just remixed this 30 months after making the original track. The original didn't have all of those bass synths or as much percussive variety as this version, although the melodic components were already in place. It's fairly typical of my workflow so far. Having a long period away from these tracks gives me a better perspective so I can better hear what needs fixing/scrapping.

I can't claim any credit for the video. That was all M.Brösel's hard work.
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
6545 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:31 pm

D.H. Miltz wrote:Another fan of the basses here. And a general thumbs up. Thanks, seismic1.


Thanks very much for listening and commenting, DHM. Glad you liked it :tu:
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
6545 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:49 pm

himalaya wrote:This is a perfect driving track, which is just as well I chose to listen to it by watching the YT video.

I liked the variety in the composition which kept the pace and interest with twists and turns. Nicely done.

The mix of heavy overdriven sounds and light airy arpeggios is expertly done. For example from 2:55 to 3:10, that's a very cool contrast.

Some very striking visuals in the video, which overall are simple (but effective) and yet in places very psychedelic (from 4:07 and 5:35 <-- :love: ).

I did wish for a night time drive scene as well. This tracks has a certain dark menacing mood which would go perfectly with city lights at night (sent thorough some SFX of course). Come on! Have another drive through your town at night, you know you want to! :D


Thanks for listening and commenting, himalaya. Glad you liked it and glad you picked up on the dark mood. I usually like to infuse these pieces with something to dampen the jollity :hihi:

I get a few comments about my tracks being good for driving. I may have to review some previous posts to see whether I can identify the key components of this phenomenon. This track, and the previous one, Itch, were both written under the influence of drugs (anti-inflammatory, antibiotics and the odd painkiller) :hihi: I think the focus on the bassier elements here helped to produce a track with a slightly anaesthetising effect. I normally go for more HF content.

M.Brösel produced the excellent video for this and I think it's interesting that he picked up on the driving theme too. One or two other respondents also mentioned it.

I'm not sure I could handle night-driving at that speed, no matter how good the street-lighting :shock:
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
6545 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:46 am

Final Freezetime bump

Will the snow never cease?
polyslax
KVRAF
 
8027 posts since 11 Dec, 2003, from Canada

Postby polyslax; Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:36 am

Just caught the video clip, which totally threw me back to 1984, when a friend and I did a stop frame drive across Canada... kinda like Fear and Loathing in Vancouver.

Fave effect comes in at 5:34... almost turns into a sideways tunneling look.

Still a thumb-uppingly great track!
Image Image
ClaRago
KVRist
 
290 posts since 1 Dec, 2011

Postby ClaRago; Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Excellent, looking forward to more of this.
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
6545 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:00 am

polyslax wrote:Just caught the video clip, which totally threw me back to 1984, when a friend and I did a stop frame drive across Canada... kinda like Fear and Loathing in Vancouver.

Fave effect comes in at 5:34... almost turns into a sideways tunneling look.

Still a thumb-uppingly great track!


Thanks, Matt. Glad you enjoyed it :)

M.Brösel did a great job with the video :tu:
M.Brösel
KVRist
 
235 posts since 27 Dec, 2011

Postby M.Brösel; Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah, this is a fantastic tune!

Really good work Tim.

All the best.

M.
mr.me
KVRAF
 
2083 posts since 11 Feb, 2003

Postby mr.me; Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:53 pm

makes it hard to merge when things look like that. 8)

not to mention being on the wrong side. maybe if I came over there and you over here, it'd make driving easier...looking the way it does.:lol:

:hihi:
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
6545 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 pm

ClaRago wrote:Excellent, looking forward to more of this.


Thanks very much for listening and commenting, ClaRago. Glad you liked it :)

The next one is evolving into something a little different :o
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
6545 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 pm

M.Brösel wrote:Yeah, this is a fantastic tune!

Really good work Tim.

All the best.

M.


Thanks very much M. Glad you liked it, and thanks very much for the video :tu:
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
6545 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:26 pm

mr.me wrote:makes it hard to merge when things look like that. 8)

not to mention being on the wrong side. maybe if I came over there and you over here, it'd make driving easier...looking the way it does.:lol:

:hihi:


In one country where I lived the traffic flow on one of the main streets changed. I think it was at 3PM.
3catsDeep
KVRer
 
20 posts since 11 Mar, 2012, from https://soundcloud.com/3catsdeep

Postby 3catsDeep; Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Great stuff seismic.
Awesome sound design. Love the shifting energy throughout the track.
PreviousNext

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe