Swollen (ElectroProg - Seismic Elbow Lamentation - Now with Video)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another fan of the basses here. And a general thumbs up. Thanks, seismic1.
No longer a moderator.

This is a perfect driving track, which is just as well I chose to listen to it by watching the YT video.

I liked the variety in the composition which kept the pace and interest with twists and turns. Nicely done.

The mix of heavy overdriven sounds and light airy arpeggios is expertly done. For example from 2:55 to 3:10, that's a very cool contrast.

Some very striking visuals in the video, which overall are simple (but effective) and yet in places very psychedelic (from 4:07 and 5:35 <-- :love: ).

I did wish for a night time drive scene as well. This tracks has a certain dark menacing mood which would go perfectly with city lights at night (sent thorough some SFX of course). Come on! Have another drive through your town at night, you know you want to! :D
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

debra1rlo wrote:mad bassness! :o great mix of textures and morphing and the basses were a nice touch, really propelled everything nicely imo. stayed interesting throughout and of course well mexied and recorded - keeper! :tu:

the vid had some trippy visuals that teamed together nicely with piece. well done on all fronts. :)
Thanks very much for taking the time to check this out and for commenting. Glad you liked it :)

I just remixed this 30 months after making the original track. The original didn't have all of those bass synths or as much percussive variety as this version, although the melodic components were already in place. It's fairly typical of my workflow so far. Having a long period away from these tracks gives me a better perspective so I can better hear what needs fixing/scrapping.

I can't claim any credit for the video. That was all M.Brösel's hard work.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Another fan of the basses here. And a general thumbs up. Thanks, seismic1.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, DHM. Glad you liked it :tu:

himalaya wrote:This is a perfect driving track, which is just as well I chose to listen to it by watching the YT video.

I liked the variety in the composition which kept the pace and interest with twists and turns. Nicely done.

The mix of heavy overdriven sounds and light airy arpeggios is expertly done. For example from 2:55 to 3:10, that's a very cool contrast.

Some very striking visuals in the video, which overall are simple (but effective) and yet in places very psychedelic (from 4:07 and 5:35 <-- :love: ).

I did wish for a night time drive scene as well. This tracks has a certain dark menacing mood which would go perfectly with city lights at night (sent thorough some SFX of course). Come on! Have another drive through your town at night, you know you want to! :D
Thanks for listening and commenting, himalaya. Glad you liked it and glad you picked up on the dark mood. I usually like to infuse these pieces with something to dampen the jollity :hihi:

I get a few comments about my tracks being good for driving. I may have to review some previous posts to see whether I can identify the key components of this phenomenon. This track, and the previous one, Itch, were both written under the influence of drugs (anti-inflammatory, antibiotics and the odd painkiller) :hihi: I think the focus on the bassier elements here helped to produce a track with a slightly anaesthetising effect. I normally go for more HF content.

M.Brösel produced the excellent video for this and I think it's interesting that he picked up on the driving theme too. One or two other respondents also mentioned it.

I'm not sure I could handle night-driving at that speed, no matter how good the street-lighting :shock:

Final Freezetime bump

Will the snow never cease?

Just caught the video clip, which totally threw me back to 1984, when a friend and I did a stop frame drive across Canada... kinda like Fear and Loathing in Vancouver.

Fave effect comes in at 5:34... almost turns into a sideways tunneling look.

Still a thumb-uppingly great track!
Image Image

Excellent, looking forward to more of this.

polyslax wrote:Just caught the video clip, which totally threw me back to 1984, when a friend and I did a stop frame drive across Canada... kinda like Fear and Loathing in Vancouver.

Fave effect comes in at 5:34... almost turns into a sideways tunneling look.

Still a thumb-uppingly great track!
Thanks, Matt. Glad you enjoyed it :)

M.Brösel did a great job with the video :tu:

Yeah, this is a fantastic tune!

Really good work Tim.

All the best.

M.

makes it hard to merge when things look like that. 8)

not to mention being on the wrong side. maybe if I came over there and you over here, it'd make driving easier...looking the way it does.:lol:

:hihi:

ClaRago wrote:Excellent, looking forward to more of this.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, ClaRago. Glad you liked it :)

The next one is evolving into something a little different :o

M.Brösel wrote:Yeah, this is a fantastic tune!

Really good work Tim.

All the best.

M.
Thanks very much M. Glad you liked it, and thanks very much for the video :tu:

mr.me wrote:makes it hard to merge when things look like that. 8)

not to mention being on the wrong side. maybe if I came over there and you over here, it'd make driving easier...looking the way it does.:lol:

:hihi:
In one country where I lived the traffic flow on one of the main streets changed. I think it was at 3PM.

Great stuff seismic.
Awesome sound design. Love the shifting energy throughout the track.

Return to “Music Cafe”