Remaking songs with iPad apps

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I have no problem writing my own material with apps on the iPad....but, my 8 yr old daughter has a talent show coming up and wanted me to remake a popular song....not really my genre, but I have been pouring Katy Perry into my head lately as to get a vibe for the music (it's not really all that bad...I think she has a real gift for melody and some serious hooks) Anyhow, here's the start of the remake I have envisioned for my daughter. The synth was done with Nanostudio, then plugged into Beatmaker 2 for some added effects. The drums are recorded live (played on the keyboard sampler in BM2) with some custom samples that I have recorded and mapped out. I still need to add bass guitar and some cool guitar rhythm ( courtesy of JamUp Pro). I'll update that later...so, thoughts are appreciated. Forgive the occasional sloppy beat...playing and recording live always leaves my tracks riddled with off beats...lol

http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/katies-song/s-yoXbQ
Rock On!

Hi Derek,

Sounds good! Very relaxing, keep up the good work :)

All the best <3

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”