What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

NAMM Show

Discussion about: tracktion.com

Moderators: valley, jules, TSC, ModuLR

TSC
Tracktioneer

255 posts since 31 Dec, 2012, from Seattle

Postby TSC; Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:53 pm NAMM Show

Hey guys - are any of you going to attend NAMM?
Tracktion Software Corporation
stikygum
KVRian

546 posts since 1 Mar, 2007

Postby stikygum; Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:00 pm

How do you even get a ticket? Don't you have to have an invitation or something?
valley
KVRAF

4636 posts since 28 Nov, 2002, from Chicago

Postby valley; Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 pm

TSC wrote:Hey guys - are any of you going to attend NAMM?

I was toying with the idea, but ended up being far too busy to take the time off work. :(
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!
justin3am
KVRAF

9235 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:05 pm

stikygum wrote:How do you even get a ticket? Don't you have to have an invitation or something?

You have to be a NAMM member or a guest/employee of a member.
http://www.namm.org/membership
valley
KVRAF

4636 posts since 28 Nov, 2002, from Chicago

Postby valley; Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:15 pm

justin3am wrote:
stikygum wrote:How do you even get a ticket? Don't you have to have an invitation or something?

You have to be a NAMM member or a guest/employee of a member.
http://www.namm.org/membership

Interesting, I didn't realize that the Winter NAMM lacked a public day. I wouldn't have been going anyway then.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!
skipkent
KVRian

1112 posts since 21 Jul, 2004

Postby skipkent; Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:24 am

Now why in the heck would I want to go to Anaheim California with all that irritating sun, slack and annoyingly soothing off-shore coastal breezes when I can stay right here and enjoy my nice, cool New England Winter(TM) and slip on the ice and crack my head and other fun things like that?

And all those girls walking around in tight shorts and stuff? And all those piles of music junk all over without a single smog-and-grime-encrusted snow bank in sight? No swirling dervishes of wind, sand and road salt to embrace my face as I walk along the side walks?

WhaddyafugginreTAHded? No THANKS pal.

I'm staying right here.

:cry:
Music is something you DO. Spend time, not money.
http://www.myspace.com/skipkent
http://soundcloud.com/skipkent
bk
KVRian

1424 posts since 15 Aug, 2003, from Indianapolis

Postby bk; Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:16 am

The first few times, I thought going to NAMM was cool. That was when I didn't have to go. Then the next few times (when I did have to go), it was an annoyance. Now that I don't have to go, I haven't gone in years.

Ugh. All that noise in one room. It's hard for musicians to tune it out.

Unless the manufacturer has a private room, it's impossible to really demo anything.

Having said that: If I could go this year, I would. :hihi:
TSC
Tracktioneer

255 posts since 31 Dec, 2012, from Seattle

Postby TSC; Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm

For Tracktioneers, it all starts again here...... Although being in Anaheim is not a necessity :)
Tracktion Software Corporation
mandolarian
KVRAF

2537 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from Raincoast of Grayland

Postby mandolarian; Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Yes!!! Let's make some noise! Let the halls of Anaheim be filled with the sweet grunts of groundhog joy bouncing wildly off the unwitting bipeds with badges who thought they were getting a quiet week away from all the local groundhogs.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.
mcnelson
KVRian

661 posts since 26 Mar, 2004, from Surrey, UK

Postby mcnelson; Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 am

I'm confused.

If Tracktion is no longer related to Mackie, then who is announcing what at NAMM?

:?:
ABLETON LIVE 9 : TRACKTION 5 : AUDIO DAMAGE : SONIC CHARGE : SUGAR BYTES : TWISTED TOOLS
Nation of Korea vs Sh*tty Dog
mfkne
KVRist

183 posts since 17 Sep, 2004, from Good Old Germany

Postby mfkne; Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 am

mcnelson wrote:I'm confused.

If Tracktion is no longer related to Mackie, then who is announcing what at NAMM?

:?:

Jules & Woody & Dave have founded a new company called "Tracktion Software Company" (www.tracktionsoftware.com). They hold the rights on Tracktion and will present T4 at NAMM. Mackie is out of the race ;-))
Lost in Music...
pough
KVRAF

2966 posts since 3 Jan, 2003, from Vancouver

Postby pough; Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 am

I'm curious to know why things remain secret and get announced at NAMM still. Aren't most of the users and potential users here, waiting for no or little reason? Aren't most of the people at NAMM checking out guitars or synths or boobs? For such a future-looking product, NAMM just seems like a dinosaur delivery.

What's the value in taunting the people who want it for the sake of people who probably don't?
I'm not your dog, so watch your language!
bungle
KVRist

276 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Postby bungle; Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 am

So why arent they listed at NAMM, Starting to worry here that this "No more Mackie" hype is exactly what i was told by somebody normally in the know the other day, this "Independent" company is still under Loud and as such is Mackie by another name :(

I really hope to be proven wrong, but if it is Loud then it is going to end up exactly as it did before.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
mr
KVRian

1059 posts since 28 Dec, 2005

Postby mr; Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 am

pough wrote:I'm curious to know why things remain secret and get announced at NAMM still. Aren't most of the users and potential users here, waiting for no or little reason? Aren't most of the people at NAMM checking out guitars or synths or boobs? For such a future-looking product, NAMM just seems like a dinosaur delivery.

What's the value in taunting the people who want it for the sake of people who probably don't?

press... media... influent people
Se non é vero, é ben trovato
PC/XP 2CoreIntel T3 OnixSatellite
mcnelson
KVRian

661 posts since 26 Mar, 2004, from Surrey, UK

Postby mcnelson; Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:21 am

bungle wrote:So why arent they listed at NAMM, Starting to worry here that this "No more Mackie" hype is exactly what i was told by somebody normally in the know the other day, this "Independent" company is still under Loud and as such is Mackie by another name :(

I really hope to be proven wrong, but if it is Loud then it is going to end up exactly as it did before.

That's exactly what I thought. We all checked the NAMM site and couldn't see anything related except Mackie / Loud Tech. Plus, the Audio Agent involvement hints towards a Mackie / Loud influence somewhere in the mix.

TBH, I don't have any objections to an independent TSC operating under Mackie.

In other news, I assume KVR member TSC=Woody?
ABLETON LIVE 9 : TRACKTION 5 : AUDIO DAMAGE : SONIC CHARGE : SUGAR BYTES : TWISTED TOOLS
Nation of Korea vs Sh*tty Dog
Next

Moderators: valley, jules, TSC, ModuLR

Return to Tracktion