What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Audio lag when using Kontrol S2 for output

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

258 posts since 13 Jun, 2009

Postby Peachey; Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:33 am

Hey guys, i recently bought my first DJ setup for christmas which includes the Kontrol S2 and 2 Behringer studio monitors (plus other stuff). I just moved my computer to a much more open space which allows me to prop the monitors on stands beside my PC. I have been using them for general PC audio when i listen to music, by selecting the S2 Master as a playback device. I also plugged my normal speaker headphone jack into 'Main 2' with an adapter. For some reason this turns my sub on but no speakers which is what i wanted!

It sounds spectacular, however, there are random lag spikes which eventually becomes a permanent halt in any audio. I can still use my computer as usual, but no audio works, even when iTunes says its playing, the time stands still. In order to get audio working, i need to turn of the S2 and turn it back on. This happens maybe every 7 mins or so.

So does anyone have any idea on how i can fix this? I don't have a router atm so i cant plug the monitors directly into the PC.

Cheers! :D
KVRist

258 posts since 13 Jun, 2009

Postby Peachey; Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 am

Also it never lags or freezes when using traktor 2..

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Computer Setup and System Configuration