Tracktion's future...?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, I'm really interested, as well. Basically, Jules has done what his customers kept asking for - clean up, make comoatible, etc.

Theo has a point, though. Side chaining and pdc will pop up REAL soon after release. And I don't care for going back to manual correction at all. I will, however, buy the 'inexpensive upgrade' if it really is that to support development. From what I understand, Jules is a perfectionist when it comes to code, but perhaps there is a chance of him employing somebody to support development of tracktion if there's enough customers doing the upgrade.

I really can't imagine one person alone pulling off the stunt of catching up feature-wise with large development teams in other companies. So, sharing some of the work load might improve chances of this happening, I guess...

Oh, and one thing: PLEASE don't replicate the C/R activation scheme of t2/t3! If tracktion was serial number protected, I could easily recommend it to at least three friends.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

PDC glitches in T are a Mac thing, yes? (So it's already half-fixed. :D)

Side chaining is easy with racks.

Feature wise, T is still far ahead in the most important feature for me: Creative workflow.

I will be buying Tracktion V4 even it involves jumping thru burning hoops of C/R activation hell. Although I will whine like a wounded groundhog about it.

For the rest of the week, tho, I'll be partying like it's 1999!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote: For the rest of the week, tho, I'll be partying like it's 1999!
I wonder what that will look like...

I got first access to the interentz in 2001 and even those who already had access... No audio or video downloads, loads and loads of badly anmiated GIFs, the dark ages of the internet, I suppose :-D

Do a Yahoo or Fireball search for 'worst homepage design' while you're reliving the past ;-)

mandolarian wrote: Side chaining is easy with racks.
To be honest, I expect to be able to select any track or bus from the sidechain menu of a SC-capable plug-in. Or route any track/bus to the sidechain of an open sc-capable plug-in. Although I do prefer the first solution.

There shouldn't be more complex setup required especially if you're the maker of the most workflow-efficient DAW alive.

Speaking of complex setups, I wouldn't dismiss the virtues of the Rack, though. Having a modular environment like that inside your host... And not having to go Reason for that sounds pretty amazing to me. I can see myself getting completely lost in modulation routings with FabFilter plug-ins here :-D

medienhexer wrote:
mandolarian wrote: For the rest of the week, tho, I'll be partying like it's 1999!
I wonder what that will look like...

I got first access to the interentz in 2001 and even those who already had access... No audio or video downloads, loads and loads of badly anmiated GIFs, the dark ages of the internet, I suppose :-D
Yes, it might have been ugly, but at least it wasn't Facebook banality ugly. But, the partying was pretty much offline (thankfully) anyhow - back when men were groundhogs and real strings were broken. :hihi:

Oh yes, let's all write Grunge songs again. Honestly, I'm still having very fond memories of Nirvana, Alice in Chains and all those bands anyways. So, now is as good as any time to celebrate that, I guess :-)

medienhexer wrote:
mandolarian wrote: Side chaining is easy with racks.
To be honest, I expect to be able to select any track or bus from the sidechain menu of a SC-capable plug-in. Or route any track/bus to the sidechain of an open sc-capable plug-in. Although I do prefer the first solution.

There shouldn't be more complex setup required especially if you're the maker of the most workflow-efficient DAW alive.

Speaking of complex setups, I wouldn't dismiss the virtues of the Rack, though. Having a modular environment like that inside your host... And not having to go Reason for that sounds pretty amazing to me. I can see myself getting completely lost in modulation routings with FabFilter plug-ins here :-D
right.. racks go against the whole super simplicity paradigm

TheoM wrote: right.. racks go against the whole super simplicity paradigm
Not against the whole simplicity paradigm, just some of the simpler parts. :D

jules wrote:Hello chaps!
Nice to have you back Jules :)
Looking forward to trying T4...

Hey, Dan

Please don't update your tracktion tutorials. I don't know why but somehow I have to purchase everything you make a tutorial about :-D

Oh and as to tracktion itself, I just remebered tracktion was the reason I signed up with KVR in the first place. If I were to have a running installation on my Mac this year.. a full circle situation for sure.

Jules, just in case you're still reading, I spent a *+$¥<{#-load of money on plugins which only exist thanks to JUCE. So I personally wouldn't mind if you concentrated on core features first - 3rd party plugins are very much covered for many of your customers, I presume.

medienhexer wrote:I don't know why but somehow I have to purchase everything you make a tutorial about :-D
Great! My next Synthedit plugin will come with a comprehensive tutorial video, and a price tag of $399

:D

Dear Tracktion 4,

My wallet is all yours...

Must be the mayans prophecy at work... a new era for sure!

Wow, now I just have to wait for Sampletank 3 and live a peaceful life.

:love:

Mackie homepage is unavailable at the moment. Think they remove Tracktion....
Lost in Music...

mfkne wrote:Mackie homepage is unavailable at the moment. Think they remove Tracktion....
I'd imagine NAMM updates, but not this one.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

valley wrote:
mfkne wrote:Mackie homepage is unavailable at the moment. Think they remove Tracktion....
I'd imagine NAMM updates, but not this one.
The removal of Tracktion page would be part of NAMM-Update, I think... :D
Lost in Music...

Return to “Tracktion”