Tracktion 4 is reality - JULES DOES IT - 2 Videos on Youtube!!!!!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LOOK HERE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv6Ipdve-3k

Jules talks to us. and shows new Tracktion screen.... posted by Dave Christenson...

the strange thing is... the www.tracktion.com link at the end leads to Mackie page, but perhaps they will switch at NAMM.

whowwwww.... :love:

crazy... Woody talks to us too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a299v7VIQPA

I get completely crazy.... :shock:
Last edited by mfkne on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lost in Music...

So excited I broke my headphones getting them onto my head. :cry: :hyper: :drunk:
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Is it wrong to say that I think that I now know how screaming school girls must feel when Justin Bieber glances in their general direction? :cry: This is unbelieberble!!! :cry:

I don't know what to be happier about... that Jules is involved, or Mackie isn't.
Thanks,
- Matt

Wonderful news - just can't wait to get the upgrade

You know it has a lot to lvie up to after 5 years, and i for one of course am a mega fan, but please guys, let it be a success, and let's not ever have to go through such a HELL-atus again. that was unbearable.

They said T was dead. I said it was just resting. Vindicated!!! :hihi:

Happy news indeed!
Last edited by mandolarian on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

TheoM wrote:You know it has a lot to lvie up to after 5 years, and i for one of course am a mega fan, but please guys, let it be a success, and let's not ever have to go through such a HELL-atus again. that was unbearable.
Just a pity we can't get back the money spent trying to find another DAW like Tracktion in the interim.

Ah, it was a fool's errand anyhow and the money spent just proves the point.

Tracktion. There is no substitute.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

I wonder what is new this time around. "clean up" is a bit cryptic form the video. But then again maybe a massive re write is not such a good idea. A steady progressive step up from T3 keeps the best of and refines it. Looks like T4 could be just that.

I thought T was a dead product. It's slow demise was really sad to see...so it's now 100% back. Well well well. The DAW landscape is so different now. The single window was the key thing for me back then...but it is not unique amongst DAW's any more. Has not been for years.

The Tracktion workflow though...still not seen that totally yet. Need to see more of T4 to compare e.t.c. Interesting. :wink:
Last edited by christianmusicmaker on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracktion 2 was my first DAW and it was a good introduction for me. I changed to Reaper because I thought Tracktion was dead. I don't particularly need another DAW, but if the price is right I'll give it a go. I'm not really excited by it though because I find Reaper to be pretty intuitive anyway.

"large and noisy user base"

:D

"looking to the users for guidance on new features"

oh dear, that can only end in etc etc.

:hihi:

As for the "cleanup", it could simply be Jules taking the code back and reviewing the features added by the other team (Loud?), multicore, better timestretching etc. I've certainly had troublesome code passed back to me that someone else has worked on and found myself re-coding stuff purely because I then fully understand what's going on. And can obviously code better. ;)

Nice to hear of low cost upgrades from T2, just wonder where my reg details are...

You had me at "My new company" and "completely independent"! :D

But .....

Jules ....

Duuude ......

Where did the funky shirts go? :lol:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

bk wrote:You had me at "My new company" and "completely independent"! :D
Yes, I am soooo happy to hear the word "Mackie" never again in this context...

By the way... the two videos are removed from official YouTube listing. You can only reach them via their original URL.

Perhaps they told us a bit too soon? :) Think they cannot await the official start of the project - as we do...

Tomorrow is THE day...
Lost in Music...

mfkne wrote:Perhaps they told us a bit too soon? :)
Told us? YOU told us. And who told you?

Return to “Tracktion”