What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

topaz
KVRAF

3749 posts since 14 Jul, 2001, from Kent, UK

Postby topaz; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 am

Mac Pro 2.66 quad, 2006
8gb ram

Load times about 30 seconds via powered hub,

secretkillerofnames wrote:
topaz wrote:Not to be awkward but I'm using OSX 10.6.8

secretkillerofnames wrote:
topaz wrote:I have had no problems with the editor.

Load up times are fast.

It's easy to save singles dragging them out of bank mode into the right pane.

Depends on the OS I think. Found it very sluggish on Mac OSX Snow Leopard and Windows XP. Not so sluggish on Windows 7. Have not tried it on OSX Mountain Lion yet.

What are your specs Topaz?

I'm running a 2008 17" Macbook Pro / 2.5ghz Core2Duo / 4gb Ram. Only works on the Right/Hand USB port and takes around 40 secs to 1 minute to load up everything. Also control changes are sluggish. It does work though. (I'm running the Beta version of the editor - was just as bad with the earlier builds)

I also have a 2010 Mac Mini with Mountain Lion on it but I found the USB MIDI didn't like any of the USB ports on that one. In amongst the M-Audio FAQs there is something about Macs and using specific USB ports.
mkdr
KVRian

1333 posts since 5 May, 2007, from Finland

Postby mkdr; Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

The VenomEd Single editor is pretty much complete now. There's just this one annoying thing that i can't get working: this thing wont dump it's patches in a way that wouldn't corrupt the modulation matrix data. It works fine with "edit buffer" dumps, but when i dump the patches from a whole bank i get them with garbaged mod matrix data. Does anyone know if this is a known issue, or do i need a reset?
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi
mkdr
KVRian

Postby mkdr; Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:57 am

mkdr wrote:The VenomEd Single editor is pretty much complete now. There's just this one annoying thing that i can't get working: this thing wont dump it's patches in a way that wouldn't corrupt the modulation matrix data. It works fine with "edit buffer" dumps, but when i dump the patches from a whole bank i get them with garbaged mod matrix data. Does anyone know if this is a known issue, or do i need a reset?

Hard reset didn't change this things behavior. And new bugs still keep creeping up: It seems that the effects data isn't loaded up from the sysex patch, i might need to send it separately.. :bang:

Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned 8)
www.mkdr.net

KungFuDaz
KVRer

11 posts since 4 Jan, 2013, from GRIMSBY UK

Postby KungFuDaz; Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:05 am

Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned

Yay :D :D :D
Bu Hao Kan, Hen Hao Yung
Wormhelmet
KVRian

1122 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 am

mkdr wrote:Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned 8)

Cool! Funny, I noticed the other day as I was editing some new sounds, the different filter cutoff sections and the 1023 value, then another area where the value to edit is like 11000 or something like you mentioned earlier. How inconsistent. Regardless is does make the filter smooth. Can't wait for the editor!

8)
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
thanoskvr
KVRer

11 posts since 16 Jan, 2013, from Kozani, Greece

Postby thanoskvr; Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 am

mkdr wrote:Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned 8)

Very nice mkdr! Keep on rollin'!
Left Audio
KVRer

2 posts since 29 Dec, 2012, from US

Postby Left Audio; Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 am

Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned 8)[/quote]

Good Job! :D I've been eagerly anticipating this since I got my venom.
Kriminal
KVRAF

18495 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 am

Think i'll have to watch some videos tonight. Im getting more tempted.
CapnLockheed
KVRAF

2064 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from Central NY

Postby CapnLockheed; Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned

HOORAY BEER!! :D
I farted in the Apple store the other day and everyone got pissed off. Not my fault they don't have Windows.

http://www.myspace.com/cristofe
debra1rlo
KVRAF

9661 posts since 13 Nov, 2006, from in Uranus, playin' lollipop

Postby debra1rlo; Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:59 pm

woohoo! I have officially moved past the messing around with presets stage and am incorporating it my recording setup and had the start of a good idea tonite, digging it! :tu:

and now that I am using software and hardware at the same time, I can have endless arguments with myself on the internet over which is better :D
marmoset there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my marmoset
I'm a dumb c**t
so don't try this at home
Kriminal
KVRAF

Postby Kriminal; Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:38 am

After watching about an hours wirth of Venom on YouTube......im gonna get one next week.
Kriminal
KVRAF

Postby Kriminal; Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:50 am

topaz wrote:Hi Dave:-) forget uk.

Thomann is cheapest. About £170 delivered if you add something cheap to take over 200 EU. Sustain pedal etc.

Kriminal wrote:Whats the best UK price anyones found so far?

Just looked on the website. They do a nice 2 tier keyboard stand for £55, which i will need, so that looks like a good deal to me.
Wormhelmet
KVRian

1122 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Oh man, I keep discovering things about this synth! The drum presets on singles! Put the arpeggiator on and hold a key, now take the pitch bend wheel and start playing. This is some dirty, glitchy, analog sounding fun. Rip through some different patterns while trying it. What a cool way to use the drum presets. This is so meaty sounding.

Last night I just noodled around with that cool 8+ voice saw unison JP8000 sound. This has to be the best $197 I spent in awhile.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
CapnLockheed
KVRAF

2064 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from Central NY

Postby CapnLockheed; Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:41 pm

Kriminal wrote:After watching about an hours wirth of Venom on YouTube......im gonna get one next week.

You won't regret it Krim! :D
I farted in the Apple store the other day and everyone got pissed off. Not my fault they don't have Windows.

http://www.myspace.com/cristofe
mkdr
KVRian

Postby mkdr; Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 am

www.mkdr.net

PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)