T-RackS Custom Shop Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Emmett_Brown wrote:I would love to see T-Racks offer a dbx 160 compressor!
That's on the list of popular requests.
We are going to be adding new gear frequently (just like the AmpliTube Custom Shop), so I think we'll get around to it sooner or later.

API Preamps :D

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:
And just as you could choose to stick with AmpliTube 2 over AmpliTube 3 CS, you can stick with T-RackS 3 over T-Racks CS.
Well, unfortunately you forgot to mention that (re-) installing T-Racks 3 is impossible without having T-Racks CS installed beforehand. In other words, the users are forced to install the custom shop and the shell, whether they want it or not.
However, the T-RackS Custom Shop is going to continue to grow, just as the AmpliTube Custom Shop has, so why fight it? :P
Because, as others have pointed out before in this thread, an App Store model just doesn't work with professional audio recording tools. Apart from all the hassle with the licensing and authorization process, it's this App Store thing that makes the plugins lose a lot of their former attraction - IMHO anyway.

I'm even considering to go ilok now - and that does say a lot!

Emmett_Brown wrote:I would love to see T-Racks offer a dbx 160 compressor!
That's on the list of popular requests.
We are going to be adding new gear frequently (just like the AmpliTube Custom Shop), so I think we'll get around to it sooner or later.
Count me in for a 160 !

zentatonic wrote:Has anyone else experienced a runtime error when using "restore my plugins"?
Yes, and STILL no solution after nearly 2 months??

There is a fix that works for most people using Win 7 or 8 on page 36.
It's not official but it worked for me.

are the studio reverbs still available as separate plugins ?

I can only seem to find the Custom Shop shell demo download

firepile wrote:
zentatonic wrote:Has anyone else experienced a runtime error when using "restore my plugins"?
Yes, and STILL no solution after nearly 2 months??
Do you have a ticket logged? There were updated exe files sent for some issues, and we release fixes after rolling multiple fixes into a single update that needs to be tested, etc. The best way to affect a fix to an issue you are having is to work directly with tech support who will work with developers to get things sorted.

topaz wrote:are the studio reverbs still available as separate plugins ?

I can only seem to find the Custom Shop shell demo download
They are part of T-RackS Custom Shop but will work on their own in your DAW as before (just now 64-bit too - and the demos of all T-RackS gear are only in the shell)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:we release fixes after rolling multiple fixes into a single update that needs to be tested, etc.
I guess my question at this point would be...how many bugs are in this release that you need to roll "multiple fixes" into a single bug fix update ? Seems like if your testers were doing their job in the first place there wouldn't be so many issues that it would be taking a month and a half to release an official fixed version. Yes any software release no matter how well tested can still contain bugs but quite frankly the response time in getting a fix released is disheartening.

I've never seen any developer hand out individual .exe versions. I can't imagine any scenario where that could be a good thing for customers or developers alike. How many separate discrete issues or bugs could this software have ?

I'm still a huge IK Multimedia fan and love you guys but watching this saga play out over the last 6 weeks has shaken my faith to a degree. So much so that I've decided not to even try to install the TRacks Custom Shop.
Hopefully this post will cause no hard feelings....certainly none from me to IK... but again if I could talk directly to the guys writing the code I'd have to give them a....C'mon Man........to be honest it's kind of embarrassing........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I don't think it is at all, looking at the big picture. I apologize that it affects you (and you don't want the exe file, I respect that as your prerogative and right to refuse it) but it does not affect every T-RackS user and we have to test releases that fix multiple bugs and unfortunately that's just the way it is. I have to disagree that this is a "saga" at all, again in the big picture. We've gone to the appropriate lengths to help the people affected and will roll out the fixes when ready.

Like Peter says, let's keep perspective.
T-RackS CS is in its virgin version (say that 10 times fast!)
All software gets updates to fix issues that couldn't be foreseen.
The issues we're talking about here affect only a tiny portion of users, which is why such things cannot be realistically caught during beta testing, short of an exponentially large testing team testing on an exponentially diverse set of systems.

Take a look at your installed software and look at the version numbers. Then look at the changelogs. Bug fixes all around. It's a fact of life with software development. We actually require far fewer bug fixes than most developers. Since the Custom Shop came about, we've been putting out a lot more updates a lot more frequently, but it's always to add more gear, not fix bugs.

There are plenty of times when individual exes are sent out by developers. Sometimes they are in the form of "hotfixes" that you would only know about if you were directed to it because it fixes a specific issues. Other times they are sent out on a case by case basis, as we have done. The reason why it is done that way is because as the name implies, it is hot off the grill and only deals with a specific urgent issue experienced by only some users and is not fully tested. Those fixes then get rolled into a larger fully tested official update at a later point.

HERE AT LAST ...

Use Your Gear Credits to Buy Collections in Custom Shop
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=2080

Yay!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Effects”