T4 Requests

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Only 3 requests for T4:

1. Fix the disappearing UI bug.
2. Fix the skipped first note MIDI recording bug.
3. Make it 64 bit and compatible with Windows 8.

That's it :) Everything else can stay just the same, these are the only things I care about.

What a blast from the past. I have my T3 box downstairs, and I miss Tracktion but I couldn't deal with #1 and #2 anymore. I've since switched to Live and Renoise and I'm happy but I would really love to use Tracktion again.

grymmjack wrote:Only 3 requests for T4:

1. Fix the disappearing UI bug.
2. Fix the skipped first note MIDI recording bug.
3. Make it 64 bit and compatible with Windows 8.
See----> Simulating first note bug in this forum. Looks like that the version of Tracktion that Jules is using..... do not skeep it :oops:
Se non é vero, é ben trovato
PC/XP 2CoreIntel T3 OnixSatellite

As well as 64bit at some point, full multi-core support would be awesome.

When the T5 FR list gets going, then I'll make fervent and frequent requests for improved midi editing.

But, not now. I'll just be happy in the daily glow of a T startup screen that doesn't say 2008 on it.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

metamorphosis wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:My biggest request (apart from x64 support) would be for it to be possible to record an instrument track direct to audio - in fact this should be one of the routings possible in the rack - instrument to audio record.
Not quite understanding the difference between this and rendering a track?
Surely if there's some 'live' instrument tweaking going on while recording this can be recorded as automation, then render the track?
Unless I've entirely got the wronger end of the stick.
I find automation doesn't always capture perfectly what I play in realtime, particularly with instruments that already have a generative or stochastic element to them. Often in Reaper I will set up 2 tracks - one recording to midi and automation and one recording simultaneously to audio, then if the midi/automation take works OK I can keep that and edit it further, but if it doesn't at least I have the audio take, and often that is fresher anyway. That sort of flexible routing should be possible with racks but it isn't at the moment.

Another request would be for easier to handle automation curves (again Reaper and Podium do this best with their bezier based approach).

Oh and I would love the arrows back - I think they were far more intuitive to use than those static blocks, particularly since they never armed themselves. At least give us the option (classic interface).

FR: project in project functionality. Reaper has this, although unofficial and never fully worked out.

Although in Tracktion terminology it would probably be called 'edit in edit'.

let's see what they present us tomorrow at NAMM...
Lost in Music...

Hope AU support for Mac is in there finally

It's been such a while I can't remember what T has or hasn't anymore... But a few of the great things I've seen in other sequencers...

MIDI arpeggiator and chord memory input filters like Reason and Sonar
Easy one-click sidechaining, as easy as it is in studio One (including pre-fader mode for ghost kicks etc)
MIDI CC control of any function like studio One (especially transport and MIDI CC to alphanumeric shortcuts)
Ability to reorder and rename plugins like Reaper
An iOS controller like Cubase 7 would be lovely too....

PS. Is Mackie's FinalMix going as part of the split? That was quite a decent mastering EQ/comp, if I recall....
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

aMUSEd wrote:Hope AU support for Mac is in there finally
+1

The video says something about support for modern platforms and plugin formats so that's how I interpreted it.

VST3 and AAX? Possibly?

And did I mention Melodyne ARA integration? Oh, I did...would be really nice!

danbroad wrote:IPS. Is Mackie's FinalMix going as part of the split? That was quite a decent mastering EQ/comp, if I recall....
Far more than decent, I would say. Found most acuma labs plugins pretty good, actually.

frankvg wrote:And did I mention Melodyne ARA integration? Oh, I did...would be really nice!
That is one feature of Studio One that quickly becomes hard to live without...

frankvg wrote:Melodyne ARA would be cool!
Or just incorporate Melodyne's capabilities.

Return to “Tracktion”