What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Any opinions on Atomic Reverb?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Skorpius
KVRist

216 posts since 6 Mar, 2012

Postby Skorpius; Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 pm Any opinions on Atomic Reverb?

Hi folks,

Has anyone bought or tested Atomic Reverb?

http://www.molecularbytes.com/mbcms/ind ... omicreverb

I haven't downloaded and tested the demo, only listened to the samples on the website. Those samples, however, didn't convince me. The reverb inserted on the dry signals didn't at all sound natural to me, it somehow sounded rather like "plastic" or "metal".

Of course you can't expect a world class reverb for that price, but I've bought more natural sounding reverbs for about the same amount.

What do you think?
DuX
KVRAF

3222 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 pm

It's the best VST reverb I've ever seen.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
icantdub
KVRist

49 posts since 26 Dec, 2012

Postby icantdub; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Nothing spectacular, sounds about as good as EpicVerb. In case you've missed it, check out the valhalladsp vintageverb and valhallaroom, sounds more natural in my opinion (although still only algo verbs, but pretty damn good).
DuX
KVRAF

Postby DuX; Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:31 pm

"still only algo verbs"? Naah, not my cup of anything. There's nothing better than a convolution reverb. Algos are for sissies, ey?
icantdub
KVRist

Postby icantdub; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 pm

DuX wrote:"still only algo verbs"? Naah, not my cup of anything. There's nothing better than a convolution reverb. Algos are for sissies, ey?

And yet you call Atomic Reverb, an algorithmic reverb, "the best VST reverb I've ever seen."?? :roll:(I'm guessing you meant heard, the gui looks kinda meh) Kinda hard to tell if you're being sarcastic.

Also that post was directed at TS.
Last edited by icantdub on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DuX
KVRAF

Postby DuX; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:11 pm

I meant "seen". :D
icantdub
KVRist

Postby icantdub; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 pm

DuX wrote:I meant "seen". :D

Oh, very well then, simple misunderstanding I suppose.
hibidy
KVRAF

41040 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 pm

It's da-bomb

Sorry, couldn't resist!
metalifuxx
KVRAF

2161 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Detroit

Postby metalifuxx; Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 pm

^^^I wondered how long it would take someone to post that comment. I was about to do it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIBJMV9bc80
Crimson70
KVRer

3 posts since 9 Jan, 2012, from Europe

Postby Crimson70; Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 am

I tested the trial and played a bit.. This thing really sounds (and looks ;)) cool and *much* better than EpicVerb!
It makes cool room sounds and the reverb is very soft, there's no platic or metal - But it depends on the settings - you CAN make it sound like plastic/metal :)

IMO its a competitor of Aether and Vallhalla, using my test-samples I'm able to produce nearly the same sounds in all of them. Vallhalla's late-verb is nice, but sounds always the same. (BTW: I dont't like dumb *modern* FLAT GUIs with max 2 colors... :shock:).

Price is ok!
Skorpius
KVRist

Postby Skorpius; Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 am

icantdub wrote:Nothing spectacular, sounds about as good as EpicVerb. In case you've missed it, check out the valhalladsp vintageverb and valhallaroom, sounds more natural in my opinion (although still only algo verbs, but pretty damn good).

Well, I've read lots of highly positive opinions on the Valhalla range of effects. But as good as they may be, I would never buy any of them - simply because of the GUIs, which in my opinion look extremely ugly and cheap. I'm a sucker for nice vintage or 3D GUIs, but the Valhalla stuff looks like software used to look on Ataris or Amigas. Simply a no-go for me.
Last edited by Skorpius on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skorpius
KVRist

Postby Skorpius; Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:36 am

Crimson70 wrote:I tested the trial and played a bit.. This thing really sounds (and looks ;)) cool and *much* better than EpicVerb!
It makes cool room sounds and the reverb is very soft, there's no platic or metal - But it depends on the settings - you CAN make it sound like plastic/metal :)

IMO its a competitor of Aether and Vallhalla, using my test-samples I'm able to produce nearly the same sounds in all of them. Vallhalla's late-verb is nice, but sounds always the same. (BTW: I dont't like dumb *modern* FLAT GUIs with max 2 colors... :shock:).

Price is ok!

Thanks! One of the few serious answers so far.

And I totally agree with you about the flat GUIs. See my reply above.
TheoM
KVRAF

19204 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:39 pm

It's very very good i was testing it the other day. It' exquisitely clean.

It's an earth reverb, but i already have earverb for that, but if you don't have a "natural" reverb yet, as in, one to use when you want something to blend easily to the mix and sound part of the original sound, then this is a very fine alternative.

You can use this and say something like NI's new LEX 480 or 224 for the big lush sounds, and between those two have everything you need.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
AstralExistence
KVRAF

1941 posts since 19 Sep, 2011

Postby AstralExistence; Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:54 pm

anybody seen the new minimal instruments dreamscape??? thats shit LOOKS awesome. now how does it sound? i wonder...

http://www.minimalsystem.com/pioneers/#.UQGfn2fMK70
Skorpius
KVRist

Postby Skorpius; Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 pm

AstralExistence wrote:anybody seen the new minimal instruments dreamscape??? thats shit LOOKS awesome. now how does it sound? i wonder...

http://www.minimalsystem.com/pioneers/#.UQGfn2fMK70

I've just had a look and must agree, that Dreamscape GUI does look awesome.

We're getting bombed with new reverbs these days, aren't we? It'll be taking lots of time and comparing to pick out the right (new) reverb very soon.

And since we're talking about awesome GUIs, you should have a look at Sknote's XTrim:

http://www.sknote.it/Images/XTrim/XTrim.jpg

Call me nuts, but although I don't really need it, I'm even thinking of buying it simply because it looks so damn nice.

Excellent work, Quinto! :tu:
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects