2012 purchase regrets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:Some bananas that were too green about a couple of months ago - they went bad before they got to the point that they were edible.

Other than that nothing music related.
Other than that? How were those music related?

Not music related, but I did regret buying them.

wouldn't say I regret buying Komplete 8 Ultimate because I got a kick ass price on the upgrade from Komplete 8, but I'm not getting as much use out of it as I would have hoped

I'd be a lot happier if NI offered discounted prices for Ultimate owners, I'd love to get my hands on the new Rickenbacker bass instrument for Kontakt!
~Alyx
soundcloud.com/alyxonfire

nothing I bought. i regret NOT buying the SSD EX 3.5 to 4 upgrade when it was $29, but that's about it. :shrug:

My ONLY regret for 2012 was that I didn't have more CASH $$$$ ready for the crazy Holiday/Xmas/BlackFriday Deals that were coming at me left-right-and-center.

THIS YEAR I WILL BE READY!!! :x :cry: :love: :D

OzWozEre wrote:THIS YEAR I WILL BE READY!!! :x :cry: :love: :D
Famous last words. :D

debra1rlo wrote:nothing I bought. i regret NOT buying the SSD EX 3.5 to 4 upgrade when it was $29, but that's about it. :shrug:
Now sing that back in the style of Edith Piaf :hihi:

V'ger wrote:For me it was FL Studio (too cumbersome to use)
FL Studio is weird, but when you're used to it, you can really fly around in it. There are still some persistent UI annoyances, but as far as workflow goes, I actually find most other hosts/sequencers annoying.

I didn't regret any music purchases in 2012, but then I didn't make many. Poise, Maul, and a few inexpensive sample sets.

for me, il drummax. it was one of those stupid impulse buys. also synthmaster cm but its magware so no big deal. drummax looked awesome, but now i realize it pretty much sucks. i tried to give it life by buying xenos drummax set and though it was VERY good sound design, it just didn't do it for me. why is it that we always buy something when deep inside, we have that, "i don't like this, will be no use to me" feeling. i don't even know do you?

AstralExistence wrote:for me, il drummax. it was one of those stupid impulse buys. also synthmaster cm but its magware so no big deal. drummax looked awesome, but now i realize it pretty much sucks. i tried to give it life by buying xenos drummax set and though it was VERY good sound design, it just didn't do it for me. why is it that we always buy something when deep inside, we have that, "i don't like this, will be no use to me" feeling. i don't even know do you?
yea, same here, at least it was cheap lol.

Well, I think that's all of them. Clearly, everything is rubbish.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

IL Maximus. Bought in the end of the world sale, not at all sure why. I think I'm stuck with it now.

I almost hate to say this, but Geist. Once again, another stupendous deal, but a) it's too freaking complicated for me, and b) I'm sort of disappointed by the drum sounds. idk

DCAM.

I love FXpansion. I have Guru, Geist, BFD ECO, BFD2 and the filter thingy. So I figured DCAM would be the bomb, even though I already have a ton of synths and various other noisemakers.

Got it on sale, so I can't complain too much. But the presets are 'meh' and programming it is just too complicated. I know it's 3 synths in one, but I would have preferred just ONE easier to use great sounding machine.

Shortly after buying, I figured I'd throw away some more money on Tremor (on sale). Turns out I love it. Very inspiring. Interesting sounds.

So, just DCAM.
Make me an offer. :D

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Fortunately, I was able to rectify the worst purchase I made in 2012.

A while back, I played a Gibson J45 at a Gibson 5-Star Dealer. It was the standard model, but it was superlative. Perhaps the finest acoustic guitar I have ever played in 40 years of playing. If I had the cash, it would have been mine.

Over the holidays, I decided to order a True Vintage J45 from a well-respected online dealer, with whom I have never had any problems. They are. however, not a 5-Star Dealer.

Quite bluntly, the J45 True Vintage guitar was not very good: stiff, high action, very uncomfortable to play (though set up to factory spec). A bit of a dog.

The difference between the 5-Star guitar (marked at the normal price, mind you) was MILES better. Not even close.

A word the the wise guy: if you want a Gibson, find a 5-Star Dealer.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

MickGael wrote: Quite bluntly, the J45 True Vintage guitar was not very good: stiff, high action, very uncomfortable to play (though set up to factory spec). A bit of a dog.

The difference between the 5-Star guitar (marked at the normal price, mind you) was MILES better. Not even close.

A word the the wise guy: if you want a Gibson, find a 5-Star Dealer.
If the one you got was set up to spec, then why the wide variance in quality?

Cars, clothes and musical instruments: Stuff you have to try first hand before purchasing, in my experience. :hihi:

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Instruments”