What is one VST effects plugin you can't live without?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Well to be fair, so have you ;)
lol, touché :D

Autotune?

:hihi:

PSP Vintage Warmer
Waves SSL G-Channel
Mellowmuse SATV
Mellowmuse CP2V

On every project I have:
Slate VTM
Slate VCC
Pro-C
Pro-Q

in fact most channels have the above in that order. Must admit now I have got Cubase 7 I am starting to use its channel strip compressor and EQ so, for the sake of CPU power, may shift away from Pro-C and Q

No it's DMG Audio Compassion.

IK's Classik Studio Reverb.

When I went x64, I had to do without this one for about a year. Bought/demoed a bunch of alternatives. Sadly, nothing else sounded like 'reverb' to me.

Happily, CSR is back as a x64 plug.

I have backup utilities for just about everything else in my arsenal, but CSR, I found, is truly unique.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

voxengo voxformer
fish filets + dominion
any convolution reverb
ni guitar rig + izotope trash

UpStereo is one that makes a difference to me. I feel like the track isn't complete if I don't at least use it once.
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

~Albert Camus~

The one that would be most difficult for me to replace is Bootsie's ThrillseekerLA. I find that it is the easiest compressor for me to set up to get the compression I am going for, regardless of application. The other comps I have take much more time for me to dial in.

BERFAB wrote:
I have backup utilities for just about everything else in my arsenal, but CSR, I found, is truly unique.

Cheers
-B
CSR was pretty impressive.... ages ago. Today, I'm enjoying my reverbs from ValhallaDSP and Exponential Audio. Have you tried those?

If you have the money, try LX480, it's like a Lexicon 480 reverb in a plugin! It's from the same developer as CSR. Looks like he moved on too! :D
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

solidtrax wrote:
BERFAB wrote:

Cheers
-B
CSR was pretty impressive.... ages ago. Today, I'm enjoying my reverbs from ValhallaDSP and Exponential Audio. Have you tried those?

If you have the money, try LX480, it's like a Lexicon 480 reverb in a plugin! It's from the same developer as CSR. Looks like he moved on too! :D
I find the concept of "outdated" reverb humorous. Take a space with great acoustics. The passage of time will not make those acoustics any less great (discounting, of course, the effects of wear and tear on the physical items in the room).

CSR has a specific sound (the Hall is my personal go-to). It is lush, artifact free, and very tweakable. The passage of time does not change that sound (modeled, btw, on 'old-school' hardware, hence the 'Classik' moniker). Any other reverb I use, I try to tweak to get to something close to the sound that I START WITH in CSR.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
solidtrax wrote:
BERFAB wrote:

Cheers
-B

I find the concept of "outdated" reverb humorous. Take a space with great acoustics. The passage of time will not make those acoustics any less great (discounting, of course, the effects of wear and tear on the physical items in the room).[..]

-B
Sorry, I read my post again and I understand your reply. Let me clarify something, as it was not my intention to say that CSR sucks and all new reverb plugins are better.

What I tried to say is that when CSR was released, there was not a lot of competition. It delivered a reverb sound previously not heard from a native reverb plugin. But things have changed. A lot of different reverb plugins have been released since then, like the reverbs from ValhallaDSP, 2CAudio, Softube, 112dB, Lexicon and many more. Today, CSR is still the same sounding reverb as when it was released, this I will not deny, but it's not alone anymore, there is a lot of competition. You probably will not find a reverb that does exactly what CSR does, so if it's exactly that what you are looking for, I'm not stopping you from using it. In the end, with reverb it is all about taste. Some people HATE the Lexicon sound, some people LOVE it.. and this can be said for most reverbs, both hardware and software.

So, not dissing CSR.. I should have said that I have found other reverb plugins that better suit to my reverb taste. :D

Peace? :oops:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Cableguys VolumeShaper3.
All created envelope points can be automated and when used in conjunction with the AudioMulch Metasurface it's pure gold.
Rock solid and so much fun.
http://www.cableguys.de/volume-shaper.html

Actually EDIT;
Plogue Bidule - I use it for everything;
creating sequencer-based effects,
MIDI processing tricks,
sample buffer experiments,
the list goes on...
and on...
Like VolumeShaper3 everything can be automated;
which means any plugin it's hosting too;
which means it is VERY handy for automating plugins that have issues when loaded directly in a host;
Often times plugins are FAR more CPU efficient when loaded in it too.
Also the fact that on a Mac it comes with 32 virtual MIDI ports comes in SUPER handy,
and the option to cut, paste, and route signal information between Bidule plugin instances makes it EXTREMELY valuable for sending info between tracks and other applications and/or hosts.
I could go on...
http://www.plogue.com/products/bidule/
drab

Definetely my imgination! It has no compatibilty problems with any format but with most of the DAWs like Sonar, FL Studio, Cubase and Logic.

Flux Epure II - This now my default EQ (that's why I sold my Pro-Q).
Radiator - Soundtoys have really put out something very special out with this one.
Vertigo - I freaking love that compressor!
BX Limiter V2 - Very nice.

Synthwise, I like Omni and Lush - But tbh I prefer my hardware stuff.

Return to “Effects”