What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

SOLVED - Help! Alchemy unusable since 1.5 (Can I cancel scanning? - it never finishes)

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

marcotronic
KVRer

16 posts since 20 Aug, 2012, from Germany

Postby marcotronic; Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:42 pm SOLVED - Help! Alchemy unusable since 1.5 (Can I cancel scanning? - it never finishes)

Hi guys,

I have a big problem. I have updated my Alchemy to 1.5 a while ago but never actually started it (I'm on a Mac using Logic 9.1.8) Yesterday I started it the for the first time since updating to 1.5 and it asked me if it should scan my presets. I said "Yes". Didn't notice it never finished scanning and I wanted to import an own sample to manipulate and scan it but no matter how long I waited the file browser window that opened for your own samples (where you can also choose the sample method (granular etc...)) did not close after loading the sample (I saw that the sample was loaded actually) but I wasn't able to go on any further. So I had to abruptly end Logic. Each time I started Logic and Alchemy then it actually never asked if it should scan my presets but instead it automatically tried to do so but even after waiting for a couple of hours it never finished scanning and my Alchemy remained unusable (no chance to load a sample - always the same: file browser window/panel never closes) I suppose that not-closing my file browser panel is caused by not-finishing the scan but that's my own interpretation.

I then updated to 1.5.1 - didn't work (started in scanning mode, too. No chance to import my own samples - same problem)

I updated the latest public beta of 1.5.2 - same problem as above.

What can I do? I urgently need my Alchemy. Can I re-initialize the plugin somewhere on my Mac so that I can prevent it from scanning my files? Is there a chance to download the latest version before 1.5 came out? I actually don't need that browser thingy...

thanks!
Marco
Last edited by marcotronic on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MachineClaw
KVRist

223 posts since 9 Nov, 2012, from Colorado, USA

Postby MachineClaw; Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Did you try deleting the tags per the CamelAudio.com FAQ for Alcemy 1.5???

here is the link:

http://www.camelaudio.com/faqs/Alchemy/ ... e_Alchemy_ v_preset_scan_fail
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10359 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Sorry about the problem, it is very unusual but has affected a (very) small number of users.

The link MachineClaw posted has all the info you need to fix it. The key is to reboot your Mac after deleting the DB file, as that will clear the "stuck" scan.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Peace,
Andy.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Here's a working link.
marcotronic
KVRer

Postby marcotronic; Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 am

Thanks! Gonna try that as soon as I come home from work today! Will let you know if that worked!

Marco
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:05 am

Cool. It's worth pointing out that the full scan (after deleting DB) will normally take between 1 minute and 10 minutes depending on how fast your computer is. Older, slower machines may take a bit longer than that.

Peace,
Andy.
marcotronic
KVRer

Postby marcotronic; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:08 am

Thanks! That's a good hint. Is the speed depending on the CPU(s) or harddisk? If it's CPU time then it won't take too long - hopefully :) (Mac Pro 8-core here)

thanks again for the fast support.
Marco
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:10 am

CPU mostly. 8-core Mac Pro should be quite quick :)

Peace,
Andy.
marcotronic
KVRer

Postby marcotronic; Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks! That solution worked like a charm. Scanned in about a minute or so and I'm finally able to import own samples again!

Cheers
Marco

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio