2C-Aether Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aether

Lenticular wrote:I ended removing / installing Aether & it's not crashing any longer.
I also renamed Den's folder to 01b to place it under 01 Classics. I actually prefer those subfolders he made for the verb maker/ type.
You can rename factory folders if you like. But when updating etc they may get overwritten or merged.
Lenticular wrote: I tried putting sub folders in the 01 Classics & that will crash X1.
Curious why his folder subs work but not the others in factory?
You can not have more than 20 folders in Factory plus the one user folder. You can only have one level of subfolders in factory, and no subfolders in User.

We will improve this and make it more flexible in the future.
Lenticular wrote: Anyway, it seems fine now, appreciate your help.
Happy to help.

Lenticular wrote:I ended removing / installing Aether & it's not crashing any longer.
I also renamed Den's folder to 01b to place it under 01 Classics. I actually prefer those subfolders he made for the verb maker/ type.

I tried putting sub folders in the 01 Classics & that will crash X1.
Curious why his folder subs work but not the others in factory?

Anyway, it seems fine now, appreciate your help.

In Logic on Mac I don't have these problems at all. I can remove, add folders whatever. It always works with older projects. Looks like Sonar specific problem. Anyway I am glad that you solve the problems.
And always check for the latest folder with updates.

Best

Since Andrew reads these forums, I just wanted to say thanks. This reverb is absolutely amazing.

Cheers,
Klaus

Why does Aether disappear from my plugins list when I switch to 5.1 in Logic?

aMUSEd wrote:Why does Aether disappear from my plugins list when I switch to 5.1 in Logic?

Most likely b/c it is a Stereo-Stereo plug-in and is not surround compatible...

Galbanum wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Why does Aether disappear from my plugins list when I switch to 5.1 in Logic?

are you going to make any of your verbs surround compatible?
premier audio production company
composition and sound design

parkyinhk wrote:
Galbanum wrote:

are you going to make any of your verbs surround compatible?

It's certainly an interesting idea. We'll see...

Were these presets posted on KVR?

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co ... -a-27.html

They are brilliant, really make Aether sound different to me.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Let them make them 64 bit first! (on mac)

Longest 64 bit conversion (since official announcement) in history of plug in development. And there's only 3 plugins!

Well 4, I suspect there's another on the way

TheoM wrote:Let them make them 64 bit first! (on mac)

Longest 64 bit conversion (since official announcement) in history of plug in development. And there's only 3 plugins!
That's a fair statement Theo... I wish it was MUCH faster myself... It's simply a ton of work for one person (Denis) to redo all our GUI/systems code. We are going to hire some additional systems/GUI coding experts in the near future to make this stuff go faster in the future.

Particularly frustrating to me knowing that we have something really F-ing awesome to show you guys once this 64-bit OSX stuff is done. I get very impatient about wanting to release it as it was functionally about done a year ago already...

But we are doing the hard work first, then we all get to play again...

I own every reverb out there (almost).. but Aether is special. Here is a little track I did with Marthe (a Norwegian vocalist), and the setup besides about 70 tracks of music is this:

- 6 returns with Aether on them. All presets.

A. Short (Add room)
B. Short + (Add room + depth)
C. Medium (Add dark short tail)
D. Medium (Add light short tail)
E. Large 1
F. Large 2

On every return I put an EQ after it and just removed 2-3db of 3-5k.. fairly round Q.

Now, this tune is not properly mixed yet, but I really like how the reverb sounds. Every preset seems to adjust to the material in a positive way. I am on an iMac 3.4 ghz w/ 16gb ram. These 6 returns are sent to about 60 of those 70 tracks. No problems on the CPU (using Ableton Live for mixing).

Last thing I want to mention is the section locking. Once you have it on the return, just lock the mixknob to 100% and switch presets. Really fast, really easy... how come everyone does not do this?

Track:
http://guest.xerxes-music.com/fawm/xerx ... -_stay.mp3

Thank for this reverb!
Klaus

xerxes[no] wrote:I own every reverb out there (almost).. but Aether is special. Here is a little track I did with Marthe (a Norwegian vocalist), and the setup besides about 70 tracks of music is this:

A. Short (Add room)
E. Large 1
F. Large 2

On every return I put an EQ after it and just removed 2-3db of 3-5k.. fairly round Q.

Now, this tune is not properly mixed yet, but I really like how the reverb sounds. Every preset seems to adjust to the material in a positive way. I am on an iMac 3.4 ghz w/ 16gb ram. These 6 returns are sent to about 60 of those 70 tracks. No problems on the CPU (using Ableton Live for mixing).

Last thing I want to mention is the section locking. Once you have it on the return, just lock the mixknob to 100% and switch presets. Really fast, really easy... how come everyone does not do this?

Track:

Thank for this reverb!
Klaus
So, that was really cool. Nice work.

xerxes[no] wrote:I own every reverb out there (almost).. but Aether is special. Here is a little track I did with Marthe (a Norwegian vocalist), and the setup besides about 70 tracks of music is this:

A. Short (Add room)
E. Large 1
F. Large 2

Track:

Thank for this reverb!
Klaus

This is REALLY awesome Klaus! Great track. Thanks for sharing!

Could we add it here:

http://www.2caudio.com/media/audio

??

Note we can use artist images for people who supply demos now. The goal is to help promote your work to thank you for participating in helping us show of what can be done with our software. We want to build a living, breathing, vibrant community. You guys are what makes it special. You help make all the math human and translate it into an emotional experience. :!: :love:

So whoever does cool demos and wants to be added here, please let us know. I am slowly updating the images to use artist supplied image as I obtain them. I just put Sean and Simon on there b.c I already had images of them from other parts of our site.

(Note Aether and and Breeze lists are truncated at the moment b/c we were in the middle of some updates, and my web team had to leave for a vacation this week, and I asked him to make these changes live before he left without realizing these two were not final. They will be back to normal this coming week. Full demo lists for these are viewable on the product pages.)

Check out the various other enhancements to the web that went live a few days ago:

1) All HTML 5, no more flash.
2) two new custom HTML 5 Sound Cloud players: products page designed to look like the standard SC player, and the media player where we can show artist images
3) Twitter feed... follow us... I'll try to post cool tips here.
4) Full resolution zoom of images in the slider section of the product pages (click on the images)
5) YouTube integration (not shown yet)
6) other stuff not shown yet...

We have some more cool interviews coming too. I try to make these informative and insightful in general ways so they are more helpful to all of you than just simple praise-fests of our products... I try my best to get tips and tricks, cool stories, and other interesting tidbits to keep it fresh. Hopefully you all gain sometime from it. I know I have learned some cool things.

billcarroll wrote:

A. Short (Add room)
E. Large 1
F. Large 2

Track:

Thank for this reverb!
Klaus
So, that was really cool. Nice work.
+1 very nice

Return to “Effects”