Processing Samples Multiple rendering ok?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was going to ask you sampling experts out there if there is a general rule on the amount of times a sample can be rendered. I am not using any dithering or master type plugins just basic editing.

For instance is it acceptable to render a sample 3 times? I can't tell a big difference between 1 and 3 doesn't seem to be anything lost however it doesn't sound exactly spot on the same.

I am rendering 24 bit 44Khz 192 sinc better setting wav file in reaper it isn't the highest/slowest rendering setting. Should I be rendering at the slowest setting to optimize quality.

I guess my question is should it try and render everything at once or not be too concerned with rendering a couple times. Any insight or help on this would be much appreciated and thank you in advance.
The sleeper must awaken.

Anybody?
The sleeper must awaken.

Does it sound good? It's okay. Does it sound bad? It's not okay.

I would say it sounds almost exactly the same which is good. I think as long as I stay in the same bit rate and sample rate not much is going to change.

I was just looking for a bit of advice on rendering. I usually try to get everything in one go but I am trying something a little different.
The sleeper must awaken.

you have so much headroom in 24bit it's ridiculous. honestly imo 16bit is more than enough, you can render several times without a noticeable degradation in quality (especially in the mix). In fact you kind of have to work hard if you *want* a noticeable degradation in quality :)

besides, if you're in a DAW then the samples are probably pretty dang hot anyway. If you've got something peaking at -6db in the DAW and run it through an analog VU meter, you'll see a lot of yellow lights blinking...

That is what I thought not much of a difference in quality if any.

I am making my samples max out around -7 db so nothing is reaching -6 which is loud as heck through my headphones and monitors. I can't imagine needing more loudness.

Thanks for the reply helped to put me at ease rendering a few times.

So far I think I am doing everything right on the recording and processing end. All dynamic levels and pans are in line and no more than 2 cents in pitch at max mostly zeroed.

Thanks again for the response.
The sleeper must awaken.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”