Tone2 Rayblaster: OUT NOW! (demo version available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RayBlaster

Here are the winning entries for the Rayblaster contest, so you can hear more examples of it:

https://soundcloud.com/tone2-1/sets/rayblaster-contest

Only the included presets were allowed, and no external fx or compression could be added.

I also posted mine separately in the Music Cafe.

8)

Hi Rob,

I only listened shortly yet but those demos seem to be great indeed. My congratulations for the second place! :)

For those who missed the contest here is some more info:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=1361.0

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I am stunned about Reason passing away.

Long may his work carry on being used.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I don't think this thing sounds any better than Virsyn Cube 2. Which came out with this kinda technology many years ago.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:I don't think this thing sounds any better than Virsyn Cube 2. Which came out with this kinda technology many years ago.
If you talk about "this kind of technology" i guess you are wrong. Cube seems to be using a combination of additive synthesis (and Resynthesis) and spectral synthesis which is totally different to how Rayblaster works.

If we talk about sounds that are possible then maybe Cube 2 could do many of those indeed. With the Resynthesis it could maybe even import many of the sounds created with Rayblaster. If we talk about doing sounds "from scratch" then both synths seem to be totally different.

I also got a few additive synths that could do resynthesis like e.g. Alchemy and Cameleon 5000 (both from Camel Audio) but programming them from scratch is much more difficult than with Rayblaster (at least for myself).
Additive synthesis is quite complex so i'm sure you could do many sounds with it that are difficult to do with Rayblaster.

Anyway i had created several waveforms for Rayblaster that were created using different combinations of additive partials in Cameleon 5000.

UPDATE:
Just tried the demo version of Cube 2 again (first time some years ago).
I don't see how this and Rayblaster are related to each other except that both included a way of Resynthesis. As just discussed in another thread at KVR the Resynthesis in Rayblaster delivers different results than other synths. Besides that the "normal" use of Rayblaster is loading short or even single cycle waveforms. A special feature of Rayblaster is that it could "extract" a filter response from those waveforms, even when no filter was used for creating the waveform.

A collection of my Rayblaster audio demos could be found at the last page (page 69) of this thread, some also use the Resynthesis. I have created a new thread about the Rayblaster Resynthesis here including examples:

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?to ... 47#msg6947

I found that loading a comparable sample (from the Rayblaster factory content) into Cube 2 seems to work nicely. So far I am not sure how far it could change the sound in the same way as Rayblaster could as Rayblaster seems to use a more Granular synthesis like approach.
I am sure you could get somehow close with the spectral editor but that's a different way as in Rayblaster.
In Cube you could also draw a Comb filter and/or Resonance behavior into the spectral editor. In Rayblaster you got several "osc windows" for such kind of transformations. Of course those are more simple as in Cube you could draw your own shape.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

pgt wrote:Free Bank for RayBlaster here :
Many thanks for this, i'll try to check those soon. :)

I made a clickable link:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/rayblas ... /downloads

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Many Thank's Ingo :wink:
Pat

Rayblaster gets Computer Music Innovation Award and a two page review in the latest CM issue that got published today.

pgt wrote:Free Bank for RayBlaster here : http://www.kvraudio.com/product/rayblas ... /downloads
:wink:
:tu: thank you very much!
"It dreamed itself along"

Numanoid wrote:Rayblaster gets Computer Music Innovation Award and a two page review in the latest CM issue that got published today.
Cool! Great news :)
:party:

Numanoid wrote:Rayblaster gets Computer Music Innovation Award and a two page review in the latest CM issue that got published today.
Great news +1

:tu: :D

Cyforce wrote:
Great news +1

:tu: :D
+2 :love: :party:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

8) 8) 8) :harp: :band: :band2: :band2:

+3 :love:

Return to “Instruments”