DMGAudio updates for all plugs... And AAX!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yaaay, AAX! So I can use it now in... where can I us it now again? Ahh - in ProTools. Great. I don't use PT. Great news then for those few who do. That'll make a lot of people happy.

I myself couldn't live without a new standard at least every month. Way to go! VST is so lame and obsolete and OLD! Are you still using VST plugins? :lol: That's so yestercentury... I want to give every company that makes their unique plugin standard some money because they're so clever to make their own standard. I'm also so rich that I can afford that. It makes me just sad that every DAW out there hasn't got a plugin standard of their own. Like *.cub, *.nue, *.ext, *.son, *.sam, *.tra, *.rea, *.st1, *.mlb etc. That's SO sad. :( Why are they trying to comply with VST standard? WHY??
Last edited by DuX on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

And finally - and this has been the case since the first version - there doesn't appear to be any correlation between the percentage value set for an LFO's depth and the amount that it modulates. For example, if the delay time is set to approx 350ms and the LFO send (with the default sine shape) is at 50%, the marker on the knob goes all the way from the pointer to 0 for the counter clockwise portion of the travel. At approx 400ms, it goes to approx 30ms, while at approx 500ms it goes to approx 160ms. Surely it should just go to 50% of the value? e.g. 175ms, 200ms and 250ms accordingly.

suthnear wrote:And there's a scratchy / crunchy sound that's there pretty much all the time with PitchFunk now. It definitely isn't there in 1.01 (which is still on my system). What's weird is that it is most obvious with Dry/Wet set 0. The delay time and feedback amounts affect it - it's more obvious the higher the delay time is set to.

Hmmm, on further testing it appears if I switch to Async, it goes away until I next load the plugin.
Thats what im getting using 1.03 ML 10.8.2 . Scratchy/clicking. Not present in 1.02.

DaveGamble wrote:There's a bug in EQuick (which I've now fixed) that means that if you have "Graph Readout" set to Analyzer or Both, the mousewheel does not work. Fix will be out shortly. Try setting to None or Graph to see if this fixes it :)
WOW! Seems it's the only setting I did not try to change :lol: Mousewheel works now on all my systems. Thank you, Dave! :)

Actually the HPF was a little soft sometimes even in 48db mode.. that's one area where i preferred logic's HPF and Fabfilter. I believe i wasn't the only one, someone else wrote about it in dmg forums and Dave said that the next uber eq was going to have every hp they could think of.

The question now is.

If i buy the bundle now, then upgrade to the new EQ when it's out, THAT total cost will be less than the cost of if i were to buy nothing now and buy ONLY that new eq when released. Am i reading correctly Dave? It really seems this is what you are saying.

And do i have to buy the bundle including pitchfunk or would the EQ bundle be enough to get me that good pricing?

Look TBH i only ever demoed pitchfunk version 1 point o, and i can't remember *anything* about it for the life of me. Rather than being dishonest and posting one of my other emails to get another demo, can i ask you straight up, is it ok if i demo it again, so i can see if i want the bundle with everything, or just the eq's?

PM me if not wanting to post answer publicly. cheers.

oops, there is no pitchfunk bundle, just went to site, there is only eq and compression bundle, and i personally can't get to grips with compassion, i forgot all about it TBH! :oops: when i wrote the above post.. so i guess i wouldn't be buying the bundle as compassion wouldn't be part of the purchase.. the question is.. can i buy the equality / equick bundle and get the special pricing on new uber eq?

I'm so excited about your new EQ. Can you tell us anything about it? Will it be totally different than EQuality/EQuick?

EQuick is probably the most used EQ in our projects, I just want to know what to expect. Will it be aimed at mixing, will it be something with a specific kind of sound, will it be an emulation? Will it be the ultimate mastering EQ?

Please Dave... I need to breath, I need a teaser!! :hyper:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

DuX wrote:Yaaay, AAX! So I can use it now in... where can I us it now again? Ahh - in ProTools. Great. I don't use PT. Great news then for those few who do. That'll make a lot of people happy.

I myself couldn't live without a new standard at least every month.
Made me happy. Judging by that bizarre rant, you've got bigger issues.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

eigens wrote:Im getting clicking with pitchfunk 1.03 on ML 10.8.2. S1 v2.5. Anyone else? 1.02 is fine. Ive installed the latest 1.03.
Found and fixed. Will push the fix through test and get a release out asap :)
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

suthnear wrote:I see the sample rate bug is still there for Pitch Funk: that the delays are out of time at 48kHz.
Again, found and fixed! That bug slipped through somehow; wasn't aware of it previously. Definitely error on my part.

Will be in next update :)

Dave.

suthnear wrote:And finally - and this has been the case since the first version - there doesn't appear to be any correlation between the percentage value set for an LFO's depth and the amount that it modulates. For example, if the delay time is set to approx 350ms and the LFO send (with the default sine shape) is at 50%, the marker on the knob goes all the way from the pointer to 0 for the counter clockwise portion of the travel. At approx 400ms, it goes to approx 30ms, while at approx 500ms it goes to approx 160ms. Surely it should just go to 50% of the value? e.g. 175ms, 200ms and 250ms accordingly.
This is deliberate, and it's because in practice, the controls you want to have are not linearly scaled, and nor is the application of LFO that sounds good.

So, some of the controls ARE linear, and there it does about what you'd reckon, but the log and power scaled controls (all tuned to be optimally usable) it's much harder to work out for.

Also, I sometimes extend ranges for things, just to be on the safe side. Wouldn't want to miss out on any mangling opportunities :D

Dave.

When will the EQuick be on site ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:When will the EQuick be on site ?
Eh?

The update which fixes the mouse up/down (for setting Q)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:The update which fixes the mouse up/down (for setting Q)
You can fix it changing the settings:
DaveGamble wrote:There's a bug in EQuick (which I've now fixed) that means that if you have "Graph Readout" set to Analyzer or Both, the mousewheel does not work. Fix will be out shortly. Try setting to None or Graph to see if this fixes it :)

Return to “Effects”