Sequent 1.3.5: keyboard parameter entry; Gatekeeper signed Mac builds

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As promised earlier in the week, I've now uploaded the Sequent 1.3.2 beta for Linux (32-bit and 64-bit). These updates add the following changes:
  • (improvement:Linux) When using the JACK audio system in standalone mode, the JACK Transport now syncs Sequent's tempo, start/stop status, and playhead location.
  • (improvement) Step response on the filter, distortion, pan, and delay module parameters has been significantly reduced to allow for tighter control of sequenced automation. It's a much requested change, but does have implications for backwards compatibility.

Older presets, those created with Sequent 1.3.1 and earlier, will always open with "1.3.1 Compatible Smoothing" enabled, so this change will be completely transparent to saved projects. New presets will always be created with this compatibility mode disabled. You can view, as well as change, the compatibility options under the "Options" menu.

The easiest way to hear this change is to sequence a simple filter pattern, crank the resonance up high to hear those 0df filters squeal, and a|b the sound with the old and new smoothing algorithms.

With the old, you will heard a mild slew as the old filter's cutoff step response slowly charges between values. With the new, the step is instant, which allows for precise control of sequenced values on a step.

• (fix) The Master sequencer will now correctly follow a host's PPQ position, and restart in response to a host's transport restarting.
  • (improvement) Factory presets now use a compressed pattern format, which are significantly smaller, and so improves preset loading and search times.
Download the updates here for Linux 32-bit, or here for Linux 64-bit.

Provided no nasty bugs manifest in these versions, I'll release corresponding Mac OS X and Windows betas next week, and a full official release sometime after. JACK Transport supporting versions of the other Loomer products will follow in due time. Enjoy!
Last edited by colin@loomer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks for the update, Colin! Zerro boogs found so far!

...except for one tiny annoyance - Sequent didn't immediately detect my license, and I had to re-enter the key.

That's odd, although I can probably imagine what change may have introduced such a bug. I'll look into it and ensure it gets fixed before I upload another beta.

Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

It took longer than anticipated, but I'm pleased to release the Sequent 1.3.3 beta for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. This release adds a number of changes, including:
  • (feature) Keyboard entry of rotary parameter values. Rotary controls can now be typed directly into by clicking on the text value below the control.
  • (improvement:Mac OS X) Installer and all installed components are now signed in compliance with Mac OS X 10.8's Gatekeeper system.
  • (improvement) Changing sequencer patterns via MIDI keyboard can no longer cause audio glitches when using a realtime audio driver.
  • (fix:RTAS) Fix for the right-channel muting when bypassing in Pro Tools when used on a mono to stereo track.
  • (improvement) Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
  • (improvement:Windows) Removed C++ runtime libraries redistributable requirement for RTAS plug-ins. The installer no longer installs the C++ runtime library redistributable components when installing the RTAS plug-ins.
  • (improvement) Routing and sequencing windows are now lighter and clearer.
It's also worth pointing out technical limitations means we can't produce Gatekeeper signed installers which are compatible with Mac OS X 10.4. Whilst we're still supporting this older OS, anyone still using 10.4 will need to download a specific (unsigned) dmg for their system. Everyone else should use the standard signed builds.

Mac OS X
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRR2B ... GpQYWF0UVk

Mac OS X (10.4)
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRR2B ... zdTd1NDZzA

Windows (32-bit and 64-bit)
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRR2B ... 2hIcTJWUGs

Linux 32-bit
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRR2B ... GszY0pzelE

Linux 64-bit
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRR2B ... E5vU1JlQnM

With the proviso that no bugs turn up over the weekend, I'll make this release official early next week. Go mangle some beats!

Luvvly Jubbly :D :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Downloading the OSX version now... will let you know if I have any hiccups Colin.

Cheers,

Alan

With nothing considered 'show-stopping' manifesting itself during the weekend's testing, I'm happy to make this the first official Gatekeeper compatible release. Download Sequent 1.3.3 for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux from here.

Over the next few weeks, we'll get the rest of the product line updated and released to include the Gatekeeper, JACK Transport, and inline editing enhancements. Thanks all!

Is the beta version you had on this thread the same as the relased version Colin?

(Had no issues with the beta in Maschine this time!)

taoyoyo wrote:Is the beta version you had on this thread the same as the relased version Colin?

(Had no issues with the beta in Maschine this time!)
Good question. Yes, this release is exactly the same as the 1.3.3 beta build: if you've installed the beta, there is absolutely no reason to install again.

Glad to hear the Maschine issues seem sorted (although, with the official String update just around the corner, perhaps this particular chicken is best left uncounted until its hatched!)

colin@loomer wrote: Good question. Yes, this release is exactly the same as the 1.3.3 beta build: if you've installed the beta, there is absolutely no reason to install again.
... Great!
colin@loomer wrote: Glad to hear the Maschine issues seem sorted (although, with the official String update just around the corner, perhaps this particular chicken is best left uncounted until its hatched!)
*Fingers crossed* :)

Another minor Sequent update has been released into the wild. This is Mac OS X only update, and fixes two issues :
  • (fix: Mac OS X RTAS) Fixed installer bug which could cause the Sequent RTAS component to be installed in the incorrect folder.
  • (fix: Mac OS X Audio Unit) Space key-presses will now always be passed through to Ableton Live, ensuring that Live's transport can be started and stopped, even when Sequent's GUI is selected.
There are no additional features nor fixes in this release; if you've not been affected by either of these issues - unless you're the sort who insists on staying on the bleeding edge - I'd say stick with Sequent 1.3.3.

Download the update here.

Thanks!

Return to “Loomer”