Energy XT iOS

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How is eXT for IOS now? Have the above mentioned main problems be ironed out yet?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Of course they haven't been adressed at all.
I think there has been exactly one update (at best) since I purchased it.

Well, whatelse would you expect from this company?

I for one have deleted anything Energy XT from whatever devices I own quite some time ago already. Making music is too important for me to save a few bucks when there's great, stable and functionable sequencers galore on any platform.

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Somehow I still have not lost all hope that Jorgen might one day really get his act together again... he was such a brilliant bloke back in the day.

Anyway: thanks for your reply. Now I at least know what not to purchase.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:Somehow I still have not lost all hope that Jorgen might one day really get his act together again... he was such a brilliant bloke back in the day.
Might be.
But as said, for me actually making music without any struggles is way more important than waiting for whatever programmer to get whatever act together, regardless of the potential and how good the product might become in 10 years.

Yes, of course. For me it's basically the same... but right now I'm looking forward to maybe getting some kind of use out of my iPadMini and thought eXT might be an option... I think I'll go with either Auria or Meteor then (Auria is going to have MIDI later).

jens wrote:but right now I'm looking forward to maybe getting some kind of use out of my iPadMini and thought eXT might be an option... I think I'll go with either Auria or Meteor then (Auria is going to have MIDI later).
If you want to record audio, get Garageband. At 5 Euros (or so) it's a steal.
If MIDI is fine enough, get NanoStudio.
Music Studio ain't all that bad, either, same is true for Beatmaker (MS is rather "traditional" while BM sort of invites you to fool around).
Personally, I think, so far I got the most fun out of NanoStudio (I just get along fine with the interface and like the internal drum sampler) and the most actual use out of Garageband - but well, one of the reasons for GB being of extra use is that Logic loads GB songs 1:1 (a truly terrific feature, unfortunately...), so if you're not using a Mac, your mileage may vary.

- Sascha

I only wish the effort that went into this had gone into XT itself...

Seriously, apart from doing some sort of "sidework" (such as using controller surfaces), I think iOS (or any mobile OS for the matter) isn't ready for primetime at all, yet.
Most devices are not compatible with serious hardware or you've got to buy some extra stuff. Storage space is abysmal (compared to "normal" computers), computing power is still sort of limited, true multitasking isn't available, file management is critical, etc etc.

But then, back on topic, Energy XT iOS is still one of the lousiest sequencers for any mobile OS. And well, when was the last update? It just goes EXACTLY the same route as the regular Energy XT!

- Sascha

FL Studio is a really good iOS app! but i only do serious work on my pad as a TouchOSC controller!

if i used FL on my PC i may be more interested in starting stuff on the app but as it is i use it to drum up a quick beat to cypher over

Shame XT has not moved forward for so long now!

i still wish Jorgen the best & have many great tracks that i recorded in XT so no hard feelings on my part! :)

Subz

EnergyXT iOS update has appeared in the app store. New arpeggiator and bug fixes apparently. It's still a bit buggy for me but definitely an improvement.

Got the ios xt update too and changing sounds just crashes XT on ios 7 for me. Both the ipad air and the iphone 4. It wasn't crashing before on ios 6. The app doesn't crash completely but it goes in the background and there's no way to change sounds as it flips each time. Not really surprised there but I was surprised to see an update.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

FWIW, Android here and now. Lousy OS for anything realtime. But well, that's things. I use it for anything phone-related, and that's where it shines. And it shines a LOT. Audio on smartphones is simply not there as soon as you deal with Android.
A shame? Yes. Not a biggie? Yes, as well.

- SF

djsubject wrote:FL Studio is a really good iOS app!
I never understood what's the difference between it and Music Studio - and what has Image Line to do with it anyway (except maybe providing sample fodder) - and why do they call it "FL Studio Mobile" even though it has got NOTHING to do with FL? :? :shrug:

http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/overview/

paradiddle wrote:Got the ios xt update too and changing sounds just crashes XT on ios 7 for me.
Must be your hardware... :hihi:

:tu:
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Return to “energyXT”