KORG to re-release the MS-20!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

himalaya wrote:
ChiTown24 wrote: and @ 600 euro i'm definitely going to take the "rev3" route before ever committing to spending ~1,200 on an original
This is exactly what I meant.
Besides, is any likely difference in sound be worth that extra £600-£700? For this amount one could get another brand new analog synth and have a much wider palette than when buying only the original MS20!

Well done Korg, I say (we all do, actually :D )

This is exactly why the "vintage" market price is continuing to go up. It's going to make the original even more "elite"
than it ever was before .... especially for pro artists and collectors.

Another good example is the vintage guitar market .....

Except you'll get warranty and support with the new miniMS-20. Can't say that for any of the vintage gear.

Can't say I'm going to buy this, or that I'm even intrigued in doing so (not my favorite synth), but I have to say: I'm surprised.

For years people have been moaning why the "big three" won't do something with their heritage lineup - and Korg seems to be the only one that listens.

I'm anxious about Yamaha's NAMM lineup...but can't say I'm holding my breath, been disappointed too many times. My guess is a new Motif with all the PLG cards from previous generations, lol.

http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/korg-ms- ... sizer.html

hoping that the price predictions were accurate.

awww man, if the price is decent... between $800-$1000... i'm so getting this mofo :)

NEOREV wrote:awww man, if the price is decent... between $800-$1000... i'm so getting this mofo :)
Well, I have heard $800, so there you go. Don't know if that's msrp or street, but I'm going to guess street?

Anyway, I'm with you. I don't mind the slightly smaller size and it will be good not to have to deal with maintenance issues and possibly inheriting someone else's "problem" by getting a vintage model. I'm excited about this possibility. Let's hope it's true!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Looks good but unplayable unless it has midi in

Awesome, thanks for posting! It was great seeing the mini version and the original version side by side like that.

aMUSEd wrote:Looks good but unplayable unless it has midi in
I'm guessing the midi in is via the usb. Would be cool if there's also a patch editor/librarian application that's bundled with it... which I'm guessing there would be.

$599 street. MIDI in with both 5 pin and USB, notes only.
There's a good write up over at CDM, he got his hands on one already.
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/01/k ... more-27375

Looks very playable to me, as these are not mini mini keys as on microkorg. They're medium size. Perfectly fine with that.

It sounds f**king awesome too.

aMUSEd wrote:Looks good but unplayable unless it has midi in
Why unplayable?
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

"The MS-20 mini painstakingly replicates the original MS-20. A development team led by the original engineers themselves worked to recreate the original circuitry, and when it was necessary to substitute a part, these engineers made the decisions based on careful listening, in order to reproduce the original sound faithfully. In fact, the sound of the MS-20 mini has a somewhat bright and extreme quality to it because its sound is that of an original MS-20 in mint condition at the time it went on sale, before any of the components aged." Taken from Korg site

:love:
:borg:

Just stepped out for a moment and came back to find the official announcement posted on the front page. Yay!!!! Also, awesome regarding the street price! Maybe I should get two!!!

Or maybe one MS-20 and one Minibrute (thanks Himalaya for posting that track the other day!). Also depends on what other good things are announced at NAMM.

But... :D :lol: :D :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”