Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

When it's done! :/

EvilDragon wrote:When it's done! :/
And who are you? If you do not work for u-he I think you may end up opening your big mouth.

I ask again, when do you think the Zebra 3 is ready to be released u-he?

mikedw wrote:
And who are you? If you do not work for u-he I think you may end up opening your big mouth.

I love KVR :D :D :D

mikedw wrote: I ask again, when do you think the Zebra 3 is ready to be released u-he?
1st post in this thread:
Urs - on the 9th of Oct 2012 wrote: Actually, we've started to work on Zebra3, that's true.
P.S.: The term "started to work on" certainly means at least 6 months until we'll see anything!
As Urs writes, he expects something around march-april 2013. And this will probably be a public beta version - not the complete v3.0.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Urs later in this thread mentioned that according to u-he's current schedule, he can't see Z3 being released in 2013.

So, mikedw, I'm the guy who actually read all 11 pages of this thread, alright? Same thing you could do instead of being annoying and rude.

Gosh... temperamental days ;-)

So, yes, when the fisrt post was made I expected 6 months until first modules went to testing, about which we would blog.

Unfortunately we spent the last 4 months fixing issues with everything else. I expected this to be just 1 month. So actual Z3 development is pushed back 3 months. In addition, we have already rented a pretty big booth at Musikmesse because we thought we could announce Zebra3. That's not possible anymore, so we have to use something else to show during Messe. Hence we're postponing Zebra3 a bit more to concentrate on some unfinished business (Diva arpeggiator, maybe a Bazille beta, maybe a saturation plugin)

Also, there has been a lot of great input on Zebra3 which has expanded a few plans. Thus I don't think we'll have anything ready before 2014 :oops:

ericj23 wrote:I have been meaning to ask this for ages - there was an offer mentioned about buying Zebra now and getting cheap upgrades and free if if you bought Dark Zebra.

So, does this still apply and can I use the dinosaur discount too?
Any info on whether I was just dreaming this, or was it a short term thing
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

ericj23 wrote:
ericj23 wrote:I have been meaning to ask this for ages - there was an offer mentioned about buying Zebra now and getting cheap upgrades and free if if you bought Dark Zebra.

So, does this still apply and can I use the dinosaur discount too?
Any info on whether I was just dreaming this, or was it a short term thing
No, the upgrade from Z2 to Z3 is free for owners of TDZ. Also works from crossgraded Z2 of course :)

It was written in our newsletter once and in the first post of this thread, but we haven't mentioned it since because we don't expect Z3 to surface anytime soon. We'll post those details again once Z3 comes close to becoming final.

Urs wrote:We'll see what's quicker. All ongoing projects share a lot of common grounds, development wise.

The reason to post this thread is because we get a lot of questions regarding Zebra2 upgrade paths to Zebra3. We simply needed to clear up that Zebra2 is still "worth buying". I mean, it absolutely is!

Cheers,

;) Urs
And i have just bought Zebra2. Looking forward to Z3
thanks u-he

barryk77 wrote:
Urs wrote:We'll see what's quicker. All ongoing projects share a lot of common grounds, development wise.

The reason to post this thread is because we get a lot of questions regarding Zebra2 upgrade paths to Zebra3. We simply needed to clear up that Zebra2 is still "worth buying". I mean, it absolutely is!

Cheers,

;) Urs
And i have just bought Zebra2. Looking forward to Z3
thanks u-he
Zebra 2.5 is nowhere near fully explored... There are modules, features and techniques still under utilized. You can also tell this because new sound sets still come out that are distinct and different... Z2.5 is a vast synth !

Urs wrote:No, the upgrade from Z2 to Z3 is free for owners of TDZ.
I thought I had read somewhere that the cost would be thirty dollars for tdz to z3; this is great news, upgrading to tdz tonight!

I thought I had read somewhere that the cost would be thirty dollars for tdz to z3; this is great news, upgrading to tdz tonight!

pmb_12 wrote:
Our plan looks like Z2 to Z3 is 30$ while Z2+TDZ to Z3 is free.

mikedw wrote:

I think that man is quite rude on all forums i see him and most of the time he provides misinformation or his wild guess as a fact.
Now I just ignore him

Sorry for off topic, just could not resist, now let's go back to topic

The only one spreading out misinformation and conspiracy theories about musical instrument manufacturers around is you, chilly.

Return to “u-he”