M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mac Pro 2.66 quad, 2006
8gb ram

Load times about 30 seconds via powered hub,
secretkillerofnames wrote:
topaz wrote:Not to be awkward but I'm using OSX 10.6.8

secretkillerofnames wrote:
topaz wrote:I have had no problems with the editor.

Load up times are fast.

It's easy to save singles dragging them out of bank mode into the right pane.
Depends on the OS I think. Found it very sluggish on Mac OSX Snow Leopard and Windows XP. Not so sluggish on Windows 7. Have not tried it on OSX Mountain Lion yet.
What are your specs Topaz?

I'm running a 2008 17" Macbook Pro / 2.5ghz Core2Duo / 4gb Ram. Only works on the Right/Hand USB port and takes around 40 secs to 1 minute to load up everything. Also control changes are sluggish. It does work though. (I'm running the Beta version of the editor - was just as bad with the earlier builds)

I also have a 2010 Mac Mini with Mountain Lion on it but I found the USB MIDI didn't like any of the USB ports on that one. In amongst the M-Audio FAQs there is something about Macs and using specific USB ports.

The VenomEd Single editor is pretty much complete now. There's just this one annoying thing that i can't get working: this thing wont dump it's patches in a way that wouldn't corrupt the modulation matrix data. It works fine with "edit buffer" dumps, but when i dump the patches from a whole bank i get them with garbaged mod matrix data. Does anyone know if this is a known issue, or do i need a reset?
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:The VenomEd Single editor is pretty much complete now. There's just this one annoying thing that i can't get working: this thing wont dump it's patches in a way that wouldn't corrupt the modulation matrix data. It works fine with "edit buffer" dumps, but when i dump the patches from a whole bank i get them with garbaged mod matrix data. Does anyone know if this is a known issue, or do i need a reset?
Hard reset didn't change this things behavior. And new bugs still keep creeping up: It seems that the effects data isn't loaded up from the sysex patch, i might need to send it separately.. :bang:

Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned 8)
www.mkdr.net

Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned
Yay :D :D :D
Bu Hao Kan, Hen Hao Yung

mkdr wrote: Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned 8)
Cool! Funny, I noticed the other day as I was editing some new sounds, the different filter cutoff sections and the 1023 value, then another area where the value to edit is like 11000 or something like you mentioned earlier. How inconsistent. Regardless is does make the filter smooth. Can't wait for the editor!

8)
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

mkdr wrote:Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned 8)
Very nice mkdr! Keep on rollin'!

Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned 8)[/quote]

Good Job! :D I've been eagerly anticipating this since I got my venom.

Think i'll have to watch some videos tonight. Im getting more tempted.

Other than these few problems the first beta should be out today/tonight/tomorrow. Seems to be functioning great too. Stay tuned
HOORAY BEER!! :D
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

woohoo! I have officially moved past the messing around with presets stage and am incorporating it my recording setup and had the start of a good idea tonite, digging it! :tu:

and now that I am using software and hardware at the same time, I can have endless arguments with myself on the internet over which is better :D

After watching about an hours wirth of Venom on YouTube......im gonna get one next week.

topaz wrote:Hi Dave:-) forget uk.

Thomann is cheapest. About £170 delivered if you add something cheap to take over 200 EU. Sustain pedal etc.

Kriminal wrote:Whats the best UK price anyones found so far?
Just looked on the website. They do a nice 2 tier keyboard stand for £55, which i will need, so that looks like a good deal to me.

Oh man, I keep discovering things about this synth! The drum presets on singles! Put the arpeggiator on and hold a key, now take the pitch bend wheel and start playing. This is some dirty, glitchy, analog sounding fun. Rip through some different patterns while trying it. What a cool way to use the drum presets. This is so meaty sounding.

Last night I just noodled around with that cool 8+ voice saw unison JP8000 sound. This has to be the best $197 I spent in awhile.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Kriminal wrote:After watching about an hours wirth of Venom on YouTube......im gonna get one next week.
You won't regret it Krim! :D
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

www.mkdr.net

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”