Endless problems with Zinio Reader 4 (Computer Music Magazine)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i also had alot of trouble with it. hopefully with enough bellyaching, CM will figure out an alternate solutation because Zinio is awful

It is - as soon as I have what I need from the magazine I'm going to delete Zinio and hopefully never have to install it again.

I emailed support and got a reply saying that they are experiencing high volumes and it might take more than 24-48 hours to answer, so can't imagine I'm going to get anything back very quickly.

So, I got a reply from Zinio's customer service - seems that their iOS app does not support all magazines, so I am going to be forced to read this from home now.

Makes the app pretty useless to me. I'm really not impressed with Zinio at all so far.

I got nowhere with Chrome, but was able to get it working fairly painlessly with IE.

robojam wrote:So, I got a reply from Zinio's customer service - seems that their iOS app does not support all magazines, so I am going to be forced to read this from home now.

Makes the app pretty useless to me. I'm really not impressed with Zinio at all so far.
I've emailed them twice about Zinio crashing my laptop, but no reply so far. :shrug:

I eventually got it working on a desktop so that I could set up my account with CM. Once that was up and running I deleted their crap.

This Zinio app is absolutely horrendous! Glad I tried the free promo thing.. never again will I waste my time with Zinio. It's absolutely crap. Stay away. :x
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:This Zinio app is absolutely horrendous! Glad I tried the free promo thing.. never again will I waste my time with Zinio. It's absolutely crap. Stay away. :x
+1

I have bought a (digital) magazine a few weeks ago... couldn't DL the thing and actually could not get anything. I don't think I will buy anything digital from them...
thecontrolcentre wrote:I've emailed them twice ... but no reply so far
Me too :help:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Agreed. It's really awful. If they just worked on a browser based solution I'm sure they would keep people much happier.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey KVR folks!

Although I've been mostly a lurker here over the past 2 years or so, I hope you don't mind me chiming in. Just want to offer a bit of explanation around two of the re-occurring issues brought up in this thread:

- Computer Music is indeed incompatible with the iPhone platform. I'll try my best to explain why this is the case (and it's certainly not because we don't love iPhone users, we do :)!)... The nature of the iPhone's smaller screen and scaling model requires publishers to delivery content in a particular format that differs pretty drastically for what we need on the other platforms (iPad, Android, etc.). Some partners do not provide these files for a variety of reasons; I personally suspect that one of the more common ones being an understandable safeguard against potential piracy.

- The Reader 4 software needs serious work. As one of the people who troubleshoot the app on a day-to-day basis, I totally feel your pain and will be one of the first people to admit its faults. With that being said, we are working on a new iteration of the Reader which should address most of the common problems users experience with Reader 4. Although I can't provide a specific or official time-frame for its release, I do believe that it should be made available in the very near future.

I'm also genuinely sorry for the delays in getting back to you on specific support requests (we've been a bit swamped over here since the holidays). It seriously pains me that some of you are having a poor user experience with Zinio and although I'm posting here in a total unofficial capacity, please feel drop me a PM or e-mail me directly (igalperin@zinio.com (mailto:igalperin@zinio.com)) and I'll make sure to get back to you in a timely manner.

- Ilya
Customer Support Rep at Zinio/Synth nerd
:phones:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”