Two new synths from AIR MusicTech: Vacuum & Loom

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loom Classic Vacuum Pro

aMUSEd wrote:Loom looks interesting, didn't they do a Hypersonic based instrument or was that ProTools only?
that was xpand, but in general, pauls code is all over all these plugins... which is good, as he was/is a bomb in efficient programming....
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

trusampler wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Loom looks interesting, didn't they do a Hypersonic based instrument or was that ProTools only?
Yes Xpand 1 now 2, still one of my fav romplers, sucks it PT only though, wish they would release it as a Vsti :love:
That's the one - they don't advertise their stuff very well do they, it's very hard to find decent descriptions of this synth and many of their products.

It looks closer to Hypersonic than Halionsonic is. If there was a VST/AU version it would sell like hot cakes.

Numanoid wrote:Is Vacuum and Waves Elements the same type of synth?

BTW: this isn't Team AIR going legit is it? :hihi:
:hihi: :hihi:
Nope & nope. It's the ex wizoo team (virtual guitarist, hypersonic, wizooverb), ex air/digidesign/avid, now air/period. Amazing stuff (pro tools hybrid is maybe the best sounding software synth i've ever used).
Can't wait to try this new stuff !

i heard that vacuum sucks.

sorry... i'll get my coat. :P
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
https://soundcloud.com/biomechanoid

biomechanoid wrote:i heard that vacuum sucks.

well, it sounds very different (based on the old, monophonic version), one has to get used to it.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

i believe he was referring to the other vacuum...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

aMUSEd wrote:
trusampler wrote:
Yes Xpand 1 now 2, still one of my fav romplers, sucks it PT only though, wish they would release it as a Vsti :love:
That's the one - they don't advertise their stuff very well do they, it's very hard to find decent descriptions of this synth and many of their products.

It looks closer to Hypersonic than Halionsonic is. If there was a VST/AU version it would sell like hot cakes.
Yes as an owner of both halion sonic,hypersonic 2 and pt 10 with xpand2 I can say this is the real hypersonic 3. granted some of the patches sound different then hs2 did, but this is their brains behind the sounds.nice quality stuff, very low on cpu, I agree if they released this as a vst/au, it would sell good. I hate that it's attached to pro tools, pro tools has never been entirely stable for me.

brok landers wrote:

well, it sounds very different (based on the old, monophonic version), one has to get used to it.
yeah, sorry... my comment was just a (terrible) joke based on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_cleaner.
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
https://soundcloud.com/biomechanoid

Wow. I wonder if this might mean that WizooVerb 2 could be on the horizon.

Wizooverb was for quite a few years the best verb out there, hands down. Might still be... IMHO, of course... :)

re_mute wrote:The only A.I.R VI that did it for me was XPand which is similar to Nexus. The rest were decidedly "Meh" once you stepped outside of RTAS-land - didn't BigTone do the original presets for Vacuum, maybe someone can dig up his comments on it...
Love Xpand. Just tons and tons of usable sounds.

Would prefer an AU of that to halion sonic any day. Xpans is the proper continuation of hypersonic, not halionsonic :)

trusampler wrote:
I just realised it is the only thing not listed at the official air company webpage under "products"

so i feel they will eventually release AU and VST of all the other stuff BUT Xpand.

I am thinking that one basically IS pro tools only and always will be, if it's not even listed on their product page.

I've already used, well tried, Vacuum. ZzzZzzz, meh to me it was just another generic VA softsynth lost in the already overcrowded market.

Loom from the screenshot looks nice though and could be quite interesting, but need to wait and hear some sound examples.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why, does it not do Hoover sounds? Maybe it's more like Dyson :hihi:

Anyone knows if iLok is required for the demo version of Hybrid? And Vacuum, in the future?

I have always been interested in that Hybrid synth. Does anybody else have some opinions they could share of it?

I see that Brok says he did the presets for it. What is your overall thoughts of that synth, Brok? How do you like it compared to say, Zebra, since you have done some great patch banks for that?

Return to “Instruments”