What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

alva noto kind of sound...

How to make that sound...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

dasandyman
KVRer

9 posts since 6 Mar, 2010

Postby dasandyman; Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:24 pm alva noto kind of sound...

Hi, i was wondering how to make or get the kind of sounds alva noto is using as drums/percussion. anyone have an idea ?
tanabarbier
KVRist

277 posts since 2 Jul, 2012, from Mexico D.F.

Postby tanabarbier; Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 pm

I am absolutely NOT shure of what I am saying, but you may want to try tutorials of databending. I gives you arsh sounds in the same area, to me at least.
dasandyman
KVRer

9 posts since 6 Mar, 2010

Postby dasandyman; Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:37 pm

thx for the tip :) well it seem it can cover a part of the equation. still alva noto sounds are very clean actually, but ill check what i can get with the data bending :)
dayjob
KVRian

681 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Postby dayjob; Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:46 pm

lot's of sample editing. chopped attacks and fast attacks.. very grid like sequencing. a good bit of stuff from the SKAM label has a simliar sound.. especially around the late 90s.

very digital but there are some softer analog type sounds as well. distortion, wave shaping glitch like processing.. but it sounds like it's all taken apart and then edited together painstakingly

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sound Design