Lower bandwidth...on Valhalla Vintage verb

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Sean,thank you for another great reverb,would it be possible to incorporate a optional sampling rate of 20 khz? being the bandwidth at + - 8.2 Khz,(as you know)that was the bandwidth of the original L.224 ,i measured your plugin and the bandwidth was at 11.2 Khz(doesn't give the exact color :wink:).

thank you !

Sérgio Frias
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

What one could do is have multiple bandwidth selections to match the various bandwidths on different kinds of vintage gear. So, you could have maybe two or three to choose from. I'm not sure whether that's a practical idea in the real world though... e.g. I'm not a programmer.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

sergiofrias wrote:Hello Sean,thank you for another great reverb,would it be possible to incorporate a optional sampling rate of 20 khz? being the bandwidth at + - 8.2 Khz,(as you know)that was the bandwidth of the original L.224 ,i measured your plugin and the bandwidth was at 11.2 Khz(doesn't give the exact color :wink:).

thank you !

Sérgio Frias
Adding a new parameter = redesigning the GUI. Huge amount of work. Involves redesigning every reverb mode to accommodate the new filter. Not gonna do it.

Adding a new reverb mode with a brickwall filter set at 8.2 kHz = not a big deal.

There are 8 reverb modes in VintageVerb, and 16 slots to put reverb modes into. So a Concert Hall with an 8.2 kHz brickwall filter, some internal nonlinearity, and modulation that has more "noise" and less "pitch," would be a good future candidate for expansion. I'll think about it.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
sergiofrias wrote:Hello Sean,thank you for another great reverb,would it be possible to incorporate a optional sampling rate of 20 khz? being the bandwidth at + - 8.2 Khz,(as you know)that was the bandwidth of the original L.224 ,i measured your plugin and the bandwidth was at 11.2 Khz(doesn't give the exact color :wink:).

thank you !

Sérgio Frias
Adding a new parameter = redesigning the GUI. Huge amount of work. Involves redesigning every reverb mode to accommodate the new filter. Not gonna do it.

Adding a new reverb mode with a brickwall filter set at 8.2 kHz = not a big deal.

There are 8 reverb modes in VintageVerb, and 16 slots to put reverb modes into. So a Concert Hall with an 8.2 kHz brickwall filter, some internal nonlinearity, and modulation that has more "noise" and less "pitch," would be a good future candidate for expansion. I'll think about it.

Sean Costello
thank you Sean, can't wait for those future expansions :)
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Return to “Valhalla DSP”