KORG to re-release the MS-20!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

metal wrote:Thanks a lot Korg for saving me $599. I was so excited about the announcement, yet now I'm so disappointed.

<rant on>

What's up with these mini-keys everywhere. Mini-this, mini-that. Will it never stop!? Did people shrink 86% over the past 30 years? Or dont people use the keyboard for actual playing anymore?

<rant off>

Chillpill :borg:
i hope loads of people feel like you, at first anyway. then i might be able to get one sooner rather than waiting for moths for them to build enough!

SJ_Digriz wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Might as well just make a desktop version
the day the desktop or rack version comes out will be a sale to me.
Rack version ok, but let it be the 86% copy of a MS50. Not a straight MS20 desktop version.

No presets = know thy synth

The more I thought about it with the minibrute, the more it appealed to me. I can use my iPhone to snap pics of settings too.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

The thing is, you will soon develop a memory for sounds you like and you will be able to create them on the spot. With synths like the Minibrute it is fast and easy. Your head will basically grow a special compartment in your brain called 'analog synth patch storage' and you will be away! You will never have to worry about loosing a sound! Honest. :D
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Totally agree with you, himalaya. Still, the iPhone idea is a good one as well. Ooh, I can't wait!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

$600?!?!?!

and SOLD!

i think i just creamed a little

So, you bought one? Just wondering because you can pre-order it already, you know.
NEOREV wrote:$600?!?!?!

and SOLD!

i think i just creamed a little

I wonder how many weeks it will be before kvr forgets about this synth and moves onto the next one..

i saw it up for preorder on a couple of shops
but i haven't purchased one just yet

i'm waiting for one more shop to list it and see if they do any specials with it

though Guitar Center has a $75 off coup right now that's enticing

but i'm gonna suck it up and hold off until this one site actually lists, they usually do decent specials for preorders.

I would expect these to sell out quickly. Somehow the MS20 is still a big deal and talked about frequently, so I wouldn't expect KVR to just move on to the next synth in a few weeks, well, unless SC starts putting out a prophet 5 for $600....
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

NEOREV wrote:i saw it up for preorder on a couple of shops
but i haven't purchased one just yet

i'm waiting for one more shop to list it and see if they do any specials with it

though Guitar Center has a $75 off coup right now that's enticing

but i'm gonna suck it up and hold off until this one site actually lists, they usually do decent specials for preorders.
Cool.

Right now you're purchasing your place in line. I imagine places like Sweetwater and G.C. might have higher rankings in the pecking order - or not. This might be just like it was when the Pro One came out or the Wavestation, etc.

Does that coupon at G.C. apply to the MS20 Mini as well?

Wormhelmet wrote:I would expect these to sell out quickly. Somehow the MS20 is still a big deal and talked about frequently, so I wouldn't expect KVR to just move on to the next synth in a few weeks, well, unless SC starts putting out a prophet 5 for $600....

I think initially they will sell out pretty quickly, especially given the price.

VitaminD wrote:I wonder how many weeks it will be before kvr forgets about this synth and moves onto the next one..

This is KVR... we will all have forgotten about it by Monday. :wink:

I just can't believe this is £499 :idiot:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Hopefully they release the MS-50 expansion for it as well in the future!

http://youtu.be/aveJzSjGOPQ

http://youtu.be/aveJzSjGOPQ
:borg:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”