What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

ONE Feature Requests

Official support for: kilohearts.com

Moderators: finalman, Dentoid

KVRAF

8509 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 pm ONE Feature Requests

I didn't even realize you guys had a sub-forum here. Anyway as a new owner of ONE I've fallen in love with this synth. But of course as with any synth you find yourself wishing for this feature or that feature........so I thought I would start a thread for FR's since I get the feeling there will be an influx of new license owners........ :)

So after spending a short time with ONE I immediately wished for Aftertouch support for adding vibrato when playing leads or for opening up the filter etc. Maybe the Mod Wheel section could be expanded to include routing both MW and AT. Second I found myself wishing I could route each Osc to it's own filter rather than having them locked in series.

That's about it for now.......... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KVRer

21 posts since 27 Jun, 2011, from Sweden

Postby finalman; Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey Teksonik, glad you like our synth and thanks for the suggestions!

We have no immediate plans for a feature update for ONE right now since we are spending our time on other exciting super secret stuff at the moment. However, with all these great feature suggestions we are getting, we might just take a break from that and spend a little time on ONE. I can't promise anything, but at least the idea is in our heads now. :D

Aftertouch would be nice to have for sure, and also not too complicated to implement. Putting it in the section where the mod wheel is right now would make sense from a UI point of view.

I'm not as sure about adding different routing modes. While it is a neat feature it also makes the synth more complicated and harder to program, and I see no easy way of implementing it well without considerable changes to the UI. Perhaps we will save this idea for some future plug that has a more modular approach. Layering several instances of ONE in an instrument rack or similar is a useful technique that can achieve more or less the same effect as routing.

/Per
kiloHearts Developer
KVRAF

8509 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Thanks for listening...... :) Actually now that you've mentioned it I'd be more interested in the new super secret synth but if you ever do get around to ONE again it's nice to know the suggestions are at least taken into consideration.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KVRAF

7793 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:24 am

Hi,

just found this forum too. First i want to say that i really enjoy kHs ONE so far. Before i tested the demo and tried to make my own patches my opinion was maybe different.

I totally agree with aftertouch support. The second feature i would like to see is a Triangle waveform for the oscillator section. There are several sounds that are not really possible without it.

As mentioned in the thread at the instruments forum i am currently working on free patches for ONE and i missed those two features i mentioned.
While i had created patches for Xils Lab Oxium i found that the formant filter of it worked nicely with Triangle waveforms as a source. I expect the same also for the VOX filter in ONE.

Ingo
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Reaper / Studio One 2.6 / Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + Tone 2 plugins + others

Moderators: finalman, Dentoid

Return to kiloHearts